Disney getting sued for Frozen

So any story ever written about 2 sisters that aren't twins and have different color hair is copying this womens idea?

Doesn't matter that Disney has openely stated Frozen is based on the old Snow Queen story.

I think the Frozen tv special had said Disney had been working on this story on and off for quite a few years.

I hope this woman has a good lawyer, Disney will probably go after her for copying them!

I'm going to sue too. My brother and I are close in age and have different colored eyes. Oh and he hit his head once while we were playing. Clearly that's the same story as Frozen.

My sister and I have different color hair AND eyes and I once tied her loose tooth to a doorknob and slammed the door.

I'm pretty sure that's EXACTLY the same thing.

Reminds me of the story about the woman who sued WDW for being hit by part of the castle falling on her.  Think a foot was broken?

Disney took it all the way to court and listened while the defendant's side explained how bad this was and Disney owed them BIG $$$$$$$, then

the Disney lawyers presented the plans for the castle.  Hum.... it's built out of steel and fiberglass.  No rocks to fall off.  Case thrown out of court.

Now I'm not sure this is really a true story, but it shows Disney will fight lies.

Oh yeah, the lady was from NJ ;)

Reminds me of the story about the woman who sued WDW for being hit by part of the castle falling on her.  Think a foot was broken?

Disney took it all the way to court and listened while the defendant's side explained how bad this was and Disney owed them BIG $$$$$$$, then

the Disney lawyers presented the plans for the castle.  Hum.... it's built out of steel and fiberglass.  No rocks to fall off.  Case thrown out of court.

That's brilliant.

Contingency fee structures are a two sided sword. They allow for representation for folks that otherwise couldn't afford it. But they also pair up anybody that can tie their shoes, with counsel of little or no integrity.

I hope the stories of Disney fighting back are true.

Now I'm not sure this is really a true story, but it shows Disney will fight lies.

Oh yeah, the lady was from NJ ;)

OK correction time. This is a true story.   It was a brick and said 'lady' presented it in court.

After judge heard both sides of story, he charged her with fraud.  Personally I hope she did time.

This is what my DH heard when he went through a 2 week course at Disney.  (Of course I've forgotten the name of the course ::)   Disney something or other )

DH enjoyed that course, one day he got to 'help' Pooh.

On the same topic of sue happy, shyster lawyers, and stoopid laws, did anyone read about CA vs Lowes and the 2x4 debacle?

Lowes was cited and fined because... wait for it... their 2x4 lumber didn't really measure 2x4!

A Marin County California judge ordered Mooresville, North Carolina-based Lowe’s to pay a $1.6 million settlement over a lawsuit alleging the inaccurate description of structural dimensional building products.

One upshot of the settlement is the intention of Lowe’s to include the actual product dimensions of 2x4 lumber (1.5 inches by 3.5 inches) along with the description of the product as a “2x4.”

The suit arose from a civil enforcement action filed by district attorneys of several California counties. 

In a statement, Cobb added: "Periodically, representatives of local Weights and Measures departments visit retailers, and they expressed concerns about common product measurements, such as a 2x4 piece of lumber.

"These visits were initiated as a result of standards set by California's Division of Measurement Standards, which relies upon guidance from the National Institute of Standards and Technology concerning the sale of certain commodity products.

I guess there DA's have never dirtied their hands and built anything themselves.

Just about anyone knows that 2x4 building material isn't actually 2x4.

Lowes was cited and fined because... wait for it... their 2x4 lumber didn't really measure 2x4

Wow.

Just.... wow.

Please, PLEASE tell me that one is going to get thrown out on appeal.

So when do I get to sue the pasta companies because they made the boxes just a wee bit smaller, but they still look exactly the same, and it wasn't until I put a new box in the cupboard next to the old one that I realized there was no longer a pound in them?

:holysheep:

Is this lowes lawsuit a joke?

Nope googled it. It seems to be real.

And people wonder why attorneys have a bad reputation.

It's a shame that lowes settled instead of fighting this completely stupid lawsuit.

Every person involved in construction knows the actual dimensions of a 2x4 is. From the architect to the framer that actually nails the wood together.

I've got $5 bucks in my pocket that says the DAs involved don't even know why it's called a 2x4.

Or they just don't care.

If you don't know. Here's why.

A 2x4 is the rough cut dimensions before it's planed and dried. Wood shrinks when it's dried.

I hope Lowes changes it's labeling on 2x6 lumber. Because guess what? It's not actually 2"x6".

I'm sorry but this kind of stupid stuff just makes me mad. Because you know who's going to be paying for this settlement? You and me, that's who.