Out of curiosity, which loop were you on?

It seems that the Rangers harass some loops more than others.

The 300 loop seems to be one that they will ignore.

TCD

Actually the only time we've gotten a "love note" was in 300.  Our golf cart had it's back wheels on the dirt (not grass) to get it close enough to plug in.

The site across from us had 3 big pickups parked side by side across the front of the site.  At least 4 tires were off the pavement.  Given they were like that for a full week, I can only assume they did not get a note. 

:wacko:

My experience at MK last Friday has caused me to wonder about these security people.  I'm coming into MK from the boat dock and head for the entrance that you can walk through if you don't have bags or something to submit to search.  There are two guards standing there and right ahead of me are two women that are pushing large strollers with all kinds of bags and pockets going through this entrance.  There is a young, and I do mean wet behind the ears, female guard that lets them right through only with a slight bend down to look at the bags, didn't even slow them down.  In the meantime, I walk through and get about 10 feet away only to hear her yell at me to come back.  I turn and come back and she wants to know what is that under my shirt.  I promptly pull the shirt up to reveal my small cell phone and tell her what it is while also asking her if she has ever seen one of these before.  She doesn't answer or say anything, so I continue on my way.  The other guard, an older man, also said nothing.

Now folks, that's security.  I didn't mind too much her questioning me, but I had just saw her let the two strollers in without searching them or sending them to the proper entrance so they could be searched like everyone else.  Trust me, I am an easy going person who respects security when it is done right, but I'll admit that this episode disgusted me.  I think she caught my displeasure.

As a note, I carried a badge (a real one) and a gun for over 10 years and have all the respect in the world for proper authority.

Actually the only time we've gotten a "love note" was in 300.  Our golf cart had it's back wheels on the dirt (not grass) to get it close enough to plug in.

The site across from us had 3 big pickups parked side by side across the front of the site.  At least 4 tires were off the pavement.  Given they were like that for a full week, I can only assume they did not get a note. 

:wacko:

You got the "love note" for a golf cart?  Wow, aren't you lucky?  I've only gotten them for a truck tire.

I've always noticed that a lot of vehicles have to park with at least one tire off the pavement in 300.  Those sites are not deep, and most trucks have to park sideways across the site.  I figured the Rangers looked the other way there.

My experience at MK last Friday has caused me to wonder about these security people.  I'm coming into MK from the boat dock and head for the entrance that you can walk through if you don't have bags or something to submit to search.  There are two guards standing there and right ahead of me are two women that are pushing large strollers with all kinds of bags and pockets going through this entrance.  There is a young, and I do mean wet behind the ears, female guard that lets them right through only with a slight bend down to look at the bags, didn't even slow them down.  In the meantime, I walk through and get about 10 feet away only to hear her yell at me to come back.  I turn and come back and she wants to know what is that under my shirt.  I promptly pull the shirt up to reveal my small cell phone and tell her what it is while also asking her if she has ever seen one of these before.  She doesn't answer or say anything, so I continue on my way.  The other guard, an older man, also said nothing.

Now folks, that's security.  I didn't mind too much her questioning me, but I had just saw her let the two strollers in without searching them or sending them to the proper entrance so they could be searched like everyone else.  Trust me, I am an easy going person who respects security when it is done right, but I'll admit that this episode disgusted me.  I think she caught my displeasure.

As a note, I carried a badge (a real one) and a gun for over 10 years and have all the respect in the world for proper authority.

Very good post, and this describes what I've witnessed over and over again at the Fort.

The idiot managers pass out orange vests, and send out "Rangers"  with no special training and charge them with the responsibility of enforcing the rules. But, these guys don't know the rules, and choose only to enforce certain ones, and even then, they don't do so uniformly.  I don't think it accomplishes anything other than to harass guests who might be breaking some insignificant and unwritten rule (like making sure all your vehicle wheels are on the pavement).  In the meantime, all kinds of other rule breaking goes on with no action taken.

TCD

I've always noticed that a lot of vehicles have to park with at least one tire off the pavement in 300.  Those sites are not deep, and most trucks have to park sideways across the site.  I figured the Rangers looked the other way there.

Yep.  We usually have to play Tetris to squeeze the Excursion and golf cart in there to keep everything on the pavement, especially since we leave room behind the TT for the dogs' pen.

And now that the whole "1 vehicle per site" seems to be a thing of the past, there are usually vehicles parked all over the place in 300 - many times hanging out into the street and making it an obstacle course for people coming in with bigger rigs.

During our labor day weekend trip the site next to us had a truck and an suv parked on it (which wasn't a problem) the problem came when a guy pulled up in another truck and parked half in the road. Getting out and loudly announcing there were absolutely no parking spots open in the overflow lot so he would have to park like that ( there were people out on all of the sites around). Well wouldnt you know 5 mins later when we left there were still plenty of spaces open in the parking lot (just none close to the bus station). He stayed parked like thay the rest of the weekend and come sunday I saw a few close calls as people were trying to leave.

When we were there in June there was a "ranger" that was literally chasing people down to yell and I mean yell, there was no nice sorry to bother you but this is what you're doing wrong. He was full on whistle blowing, yelling, taking names and site numbers. I think by the end of day one he had probably threatened to have everyone in the park kicked out and banned. For one thing or another.

I think the only time he stopped blowing his whistle was when he was yelling at someone.

I havent seen or heard him since, I think he took ever rule ever written for the Fort as the final ruling. Id say he either learned management wasnt going to back him or there were a bunch of complaints and he was reassigned.

Im all about the rules being enforced but talk about extremes.