Yesterday we got home from a 3 night stay at the Fort for a long weekend.  We had a great time, but just need to vent a bit.

We were in the 200 loop and everything was normal as in the past, kids flying around in golf carts, plenty of pets in the non-pet loop and not cleaning up since there are no pet bag dispensers (loop 200), people adding extra tents for guests for the weekend, etc.  That's fine, I've gotten used to that. 

Saturday, our daughter and son in law drive over for my wife's birthday.  After opening gifts and stuff, we head over to Epcot and had a great dinner at the Garden Grill.  We come back around 7PM and there is a notice on my son in law's car that he is violating "safety regulations" because two of his tires were on the dirt, not on the asphalt.  His tires were not on grass, they were about 6 inches on dirt only. There were cars with two or three vehicles on it all around us.  I took the notice and tossed it and told my wife when they start enforing the other rules I'll start paying attention.

Do these guys just need to exert their authority in some inconsequential way?  Makes no sense.

Thanks for the opportunity to rant. :)

Yesterday we got home from a 3 night stay at the Fort for a long weekend.  We had a great time, but just need to vent a bit.

We were in the 200 loop and everything was normal as in the past, kids flying around in golf carts, plenty of pets in the non-pet loop and not cleaning up since there are no pet bag dispensers (loop 200), people adding extra tents for guests for the weekend, etc.  That's fine, I've gotten used to that. 

Saturday, our daughter and son in law drive over for my wife's birthday.  After opening gifts and stuff, we head over to Epcot and had a great dinner at the Garden Grill.  We come back around 7PM and there is a notice on my son in law's car that he is violating "safety regulations" because two of his tires were on the dirt, not on the asphalt.  His tires were not on grass, they were about 6 inches on dirt only. There were cars with two or three vehicles on it all around us.  I took the notice and tossed it and told my wife when they start enforing the other rules I'll start paying attention.

Do these guys just need to exert their authority in some inconsequential way?  Makes no sense.

Thanks for the opportunity to rant. :)

You were paid a visit by one of the Fort Rangers.

The idiots in charge send these guys around to harass the paying customers with their little love notes.

The idiot Rangers will drive right past a kid driving a golf cart in order to issue you a warning for having a tire on the dirt.

Magical.

TCD

Happened to us on the 4th of July

We had 2 cars on our site.

My daughter and son drove out to visit us on the 4th and to go to HDDR.  The outpost parking had passed capacity, so she came to the site.

I moved my truck so she could fit in front of our vehicles w/o blocking the road. 2 of my wheels were in the dirt next to the driveway

So next thing I know we get a notice.

I got annoyed and asked the ranger to get a hold of a manager.

He came right out apoligized, and instructed my daughter to park in the open area between the sites.

Oh, and I get a notice, but there was a person who parked 90 degrees off of her drive in the grassy area and set up an attached tent to her vehicle.

One day she had to go somewhere and couldn't back up, so she drove over the top of some small trees (4 foot) to get out.  Bent them right to the ground

Then to top it off she ran over them again when she came back.

They did eventually make her move, but after the damage was done.

As someone who has never, never broken any of the Fort's rules, I'm glad to hear that they're cracking down on youz guys, the offenders of perfectly acceptable rules made by the best and the brightest that the Fort has to offer.

Those fine, upstanding, and well trained Fort Rangers, have a duty to perform and by golly, they do it well and are always very fair about it.

You rule breakers deserve everything you're getting and more.

Follow my example and never ever break the rules.

Remember the golden rule.... Rules are made to be broken!

PS and if I didn't see so many people really breaking the rules, I wouldn't! 2 cars on the site is the new norm.

I remember when it was strictly enforced that there was only 1 vehicle allowed per site. But that was when they had the gate where the busses go in and out.

If you wanted to get another car in to drop off people or cargo you would have to meet them in the parking lot with your card to open the gate.

As someone who has never, never broken any of the Fort's rules, I'm glad to hear that they're cracking down on youz guys, the offenders of perfectly acceptable rules made by the best and the brightest that the Fort has to offer.

Those fine, upstanding, and well trained Fort Rangers, have a duty to perform and by golly, they do it well and are always very fair about it.

You rule breakers deserve everything you're getting and more.

Follow my example and never ever break the rules.

I am in the presence of greatness!  Hail St Lou! :D

Remember the golden rule.... Rules are made to be broken!

PS and if I didn't see so many people really breaking the rules, I wouldn't! 2 cars on the site is the new norm.

I remember when it was strictly enforced that there was only 1 vehicle allowed per site. But that was when they had the gate where the busses go in and out.

If you wanted to get another car in to drop off people or cargo you would have to meet them in the parking lot with your card to open the gate.

The notice specifically states that two cars are permitted, but not if a tire is on the dirt.

I posted a picture here awhile back of some tents pitched right on the dog walking path behind the 800 loop, not even close to being on their site. They even had rope lights lining the "path" through the trees from the site to the tents!  They were there all weekend and even had their beanbag game set up so that people on the path had to detour around it.....

As a career cop I get the concept of selective enforcement, but FW has taken that to a whole new level.  Not to start a rant about our present-day society but when the people start to believe that the rules don't apply to everyone equally then respect for the rule of law naturally goes right out the window.

and don't even get me started on what the large groups are allowed to get away with.....   <_<

Oh, and I get a notice, but there was a person who parked 90 degrees off of her drive in the grassy area and set up an attached tent to her vehicle.

One day she had to go somewhere and couldn't back up, so she drove over the top of some small trees (4 foot) to get out.  Bent them right to the ground

Then to top it off she ran over them again when she came back.

I'm not much for snitching, and in general I don't really care where people park if they aren't disturbing others, but this level of disrespect would have made me break out the video camera for a little spy mission. My blood is boiling just thinking about it. 

I posted a picture here awhile back of some tents pitched right on the dog walking path behind the 800 loop, not even close to being on their site. They even had rope lights lining the "path" through the trees from the site to the tents!  They were there all weekend and even had their beanbag game set up so that people on the path had to detour around it.....

I've seen that on the dog walk on 300 several times.

I admit it's a lovely spot to pitch a tent - nice and grassy with a view of the canal. 

It's also a great spot to get your tent peed on. 

We got back from our trip over the 10/3-10/11, and we were not harrassed at all by the rangers. I was a bit nervous though as we let one of our friends (with valid Campground parking pass) park at our site while we all went to the park. One of their wheels was off the pavement. No harrassment though. On our previous trip though I did get a talkin' to by the cop about how the tires have to be on the pavement so I was suitably nervous. A quick look up and down our loop revealed that almost none of our immediate neighbors were following the rule either, so I didn't feel too bad. Heck, one of them had three corners of their dually off the driveway, so I figured we were small fry at that point.

We got back from our trip over the 10/3-10/11, and we were not harrassed at all by the rangers. I was a bit nervous though as we let one of our friends (with valid Campground parking pass) park at our site while we all went to the park. One of their wheels was off the pavement. No harrassment though. On our previous trip though I did get a talkin' to by the cop about how the tires have to be on the pavement so I was suitably nervous. A quick look up and down our loop revealed that almost none of our immediate neighbors were following the rule either, so I didn't feel too bad. Heck, one of them had three corners of their dually off the driveway, so I figured we were small fry at that point.

Out of curiosity, which loop were you on?

It seems that the Rangers harass some loops more than others.

The 300 loop seems to be one that they will ignore.

TCD

Enough with the ranger or Fort cop baloney. The only difference between a Fort Ranger and any other Fort CM is the hat. They're not real park rangers like at a state or federal park.

Yes, I have always had an issue with authority.

I think they have to buy their own hats, as not all of them have them.

They also have nifty bright orange vests that say "RANGER" on them.

And snazzy golf carts that exceed the FW speed limit.

Very impressive.

Seems to go right to their heads.

TCD

I think they have to buy their own hats, as not all of them have them.

They probably just don't have that many in Costuming.

The only thing CMs have to supply are shoes, unless they're special and then they're provided.

They also have nifty bright orange vests that say "RANGER" on them.

That makes all the difference in the world.

I have an official WDW bright orange vest too, but it doesn't say "Ranger" on it.

They probably just don't have that many in Costuming.

The only thing CMs have to supply are shoes, unless they're special and then they're provided.

I wouldn't put it past some of those jokers to go out and buy their own hats so they can look cool (in their own minds).

That makes all the difference in the world.

I have an official WDW bright orange vest too, but it doesn't say "Ranger" on it.

Sorry, you lose.

TCD