Hot Balls of Fire at Trails End

Pics from a Fiend on the Scene or it doesn't exist.  8)

(and besides, I need to know I can get this in a couple of weeks)

I just saw pictures from Deb Wills - the Deb Wills of AllEars.net and Team AllEars. She was at The Fort and Trails End yesterday. She loves the Fort, btw.

I'm not surprised Deb was tuned into Chef TJ being at the Fort. He has a pretty big reputation with online Disney Foodie Fan-dom.

There are people that have "stalked" him all over WDW (he's worked at several locations) because he's known to create special off-menu dishes.

Before he was at the Fort he worked at 'Ohana and was known for the amazing vegetarian and allergy-friendly dishes he'd prepare, to the point that people who weren't even vegetarians and didn't have allergies would request them.

A friend of Deb's just posted - "I just visited Chef TJ at Fort Wilderness for the first time last week, and he made her an AMAZING 6-course vegan meal. He is a remarkable chef"

I am going to HAVE to get by there for Lunch while I'm there - probably the 9th, if anyone will be there and want's to join in.

I'm wondering if Disney moved him because of his following. O'hana never has openings, right? Trails end is easier to get into. Move popular chef that people will follow to less busy restaurant. Brillant!

Not sure but there's been a whole lot of angst among Chef TJ's followers to him leaving 'Ohana.

EVERYONE needs to order this supersecret dish and tell them Deb sent us there. See how popular she is after 1000 fiends start ordering special dishes. And demand it. If Deb can get it, why cant we......

Did I ever mention I hate bloggers.

EVERYONE needs to order this supersecret dish and tell them Deb sent us there. See how popular she is after 1000 fiends start ordering special dishes. And demand it. If Deb can get it, why cant we......

I'm going to march in there and demand TJ's Balls on a platter! 

LOL Dave X2!

Well as in all things interwebz-related, once the word gets out, it becomes "a thing."

There have been all kinds of special pixie dust stuff at WDW that's gone away once word got out and people started demanding it.  It does make me wonder if they moved Chef TJ out of 'Ohana because of his over zealous fans.

I'm not sure how long he's been at the Fort.  It hasn't been super long, but I think it's been at least several months.

I totally agree.

While one kiss-up guest (Deb) is getting the royal treatment, what do the regular slobs who paid good money to eat there get?

This reminds me of a recent experience we had at Captain Cooks.  During the remodel, they took away the touch screens.  Now, to order, everyone stands in one line while a CM at the end takes your order. Then you have to take that paper ticket to a cashier to pay.  Stupidest thing I've ever seen.  Anyway, we were there later in the afternoon, and it wasn't too busy.   There were two parties ahead of us in line, so that shouldn't be bad.  Well, sure enough, the lady in the first party didn't know what she wanted, and she had some kind of special dietary needs.  I couldn't hear the whole conversation, but I could hear her complain to the CM taking the orders about her limited choices.  I heard her say "is that all- I can only pick from these three things?"  And then, "may I speak to the chef?".  Mind you, it is very clear that this guest is holding up the only line in the place where the rest of us can order.  Of course, she wouldn't think to step aside so the rest of us who knew what we wanted could order.  Nor, did the CM at the podium suggest it, because that wouldn't be magical.  A couple of minutes later, a chef comes out from back with a big notebook so she could review things with this guest. Fortunately, the chef had enough sense to pull the lady aside and let other guests place orders.  But, what the heck?  This is a quick serve location, not some fancy restaurant.  Does this lady do that at McDonalds?  She's a grown woman. She knows what she can and cannot eat.  There were three things on the menu she could pick from, but none of those were good enough for her.  She needed something special.   All the while making the rest of us wait.  Disney creates this problem, and the bloggers make it worse.

TCD

I was just looking at the dessert menu. There are 5 things listed and 3 adam can't eat because they contain nuts and the other 2 I think he couldn't eat either because of cross contamination issues (I'm assuming based on their normal dessert policies).

Anyway, I belong to a food allergy group about Disney and people totally get pissy when their kid doesn't get something that another did. All I want is my kid to get a safe meal and not end up in an ambulance.