Hi guys,

Disney historian Jim Korkis and I will be recording a podcast about the old Fort Wilderness Railroad tomorrow morning at the Meadow Trading Post between 8 and 9 AM. I should be done by 9 if anyone would like to stop by and say hello and meet in person!

Yes, Lou! I'm staying here another week, and I'm at site 722. Mostly relaxing here today, tomorrow I'm at the parks. Phone is 703-898-1144

Sorry, Lou! I took my kids to the pool! Being a dad has a price! LOL. I'm at parks today and tomorrow but open otherwise...call my cell when u come, I may just be out on a bike!

Sorry, Lou! I took my kids to the pool! Being a dad has a price! LOL. I'm at parks today and tomorrow but open otherwise...call my cell when u come, I may just be out on a bike!

That's ok Rod, first things first.

I had four people to check in on and I caught two of them at their sites. Two out of four isn't bad.

I'm working at Epcot until noon on Friday, so I'll probably stop in on my way out.

That would mean Lou would have to find his phone located somewhere on his car's seat. Oh the horrors.

Even the new guys are getting to know me, but Keith's right. Most of the time I don't know where my flip phone is.

Even the new guys are getting to know me, but Keith's right. Most of the time I don't know where my flip phone is.

I try to pay attention.

In reality you and I aren't that much different when it comes to cell phones other than you've had yours longer. We just got one this last September since we are traveling more and need a way for my mother or sister to get hold of us in case Mom has an emergency. It also has a camera which makes Rene happy, keeping her happy is very important, as she likes to take pictures.  Other than the camera we've used it 4 or 5 times to make calls.

I listened to it. It was ok but I was expecting a little more content.  There seemed to be a lot of fill and fluff.  I did learn a few things.  However, it was probably twice as long as it needed to be for the amount of content.  I was a little surprised to not hear about the pump house that was recently dismantled.  I kind of expected to hear more about the route the train took and how the rail bed was in many places turned into sidewalks.  I thought there might be more mention of the locations where you can still see the ties and rail bed.   To be fair I did have it playing while I was working on other things so I may have missed some stuff.  

Hi guys--you don't have to get sucked into iTunes at all; you can play straight from my website. There is a little play button I put there and you just click it and it streams straight thru. You can also get it from stitcher.

About the content, Jim is a great storyteller and I love to let him talk. I do want to convey good info, but I also like to have fun with the guests on the show, kind of like a conversation. About the track that's left, I plan to hack back into the woods with son and go looking tomorrow. I never stop finding finding things to live about this place.

I finally got a chance to listen, and really enjoyed it.  I just downloaded it to my Android phone, had no issues, and no need to sign up for anything.

I would like to hear a continuation about where remnants of the railroad can still be found, but for me, knowing little about it, but being very interested in general amusement park history, I found it very interesting and informative.  I will certainly be doing some exploring of my own when I am there in January.