I like the battery operated LED lights, and like Carol said they are getting better every year.

One year I borrowed a inverter and hooked it up to one of the cart batteries to run normal lights.  The next year I used my new inverter I bought and while hooking it up accidently touched the wrong terminal and sent 48 volts to the inverter, fried it instantly.  That's when I switched to battery operated lights, much easier, cheaper, and safer.

WBI

You have to have a certain type of batteries in the golf cart to hook them up to an inverter. Not all golf carts have the same type of battery, so if you go the battery and inverter route, it's safer to bring one yourself along with a charger. A lawnmower battery works :)

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Accents-Holiday-Home-Accents-Holiday-50-LED-Mini-M5-Battery-Operated-Color-Changing-Lights-TY397-1115-M5/202754438

We have some of these from Home Depot. They have held up well, work great and let you change things up from white to colored, to flashing and also have a timer setting or can be manually turned on and off.

I debated going the battery and inverter route this year but these worked well last year and seem like less trouble then bringing an extra battery, charger, and inverter that I have to worry about charging and dissappearing.

If you have your own cart and it has a 12 volt adapter for your headlights / horns and accessories some inverters can be hooked directly to your cart but then you have to take into account the battery drain on your cart to run the inverter and your lights.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Home-Accents-Holiday-Home-Accents-Holiday-50-LED-Mini-M5-Battery-Operated-Color-Changing-Lights-TY397-1115-M5/202754438

We have some of these from Home Depot. They have held up well, work great and let you change things up from white to colored, to flashing and also have a timer setting or can be manually turned on and off.

I debated going the battery and inverter route this year but these worked well last year and seem like less trouble then bringing an extra battery, charger, and inverter that I have to worry about charging and dissappearing.

If you have your own cart and it has a 12 volt adapter for your headlights / horns and accessories some inverters can be hooked directly to your cart but then you have to take into account the battery drain on your cart to run the inverter and your lights.

I am going to go to home depot to pick some up today. How many do you usually put of these on your golf cart?

They sound great. I've used battery powered lights on my kayak for years in a Christmas boat parade, but they are very tiny bulbs and not real bright. How bright are these ones?

2 years ago after Christmas I got a bunch of Disney light up figures that are battery operated that I hang off a PVC tree I made.

I have never put them on a golf cart, but I've used these 12 Volt LED lights on other applications.  If your cart has a 12 volt lighter in it, these lights will plug directly into it and they can be sequenced together like any other Christmas lights.

If the cart doesn't have a lighter, the batteries in the cart can be half-tapped for the correct voltage, but that requires someone that is familiar with that procedure.

http://www.christmas-light-source.com/12-Volt-LED-Lights_c_253.html

I am going to go to home depot to pick some up today. How many do you usually put of these on your golf cart?

The amount is up to you, I think I have 4 strands 2 I picked up last year and 2 this year il be putting on. I think one strand will fit around the roof I dont dont remember exactly as last year we also had some solar lights on it that were similar. The problem with the solar lights was they were dusk to dawn type and every time we drove by a light they shut off.

The amount is up to you, I think I have 4 strands 2 I picked up last year and 2 this year il be putting on. I think one strand will fit around the roof I dont dont remember exactly as last year we also had some solar lights on it that were similar. The problem with the solar lights was they were dusk to dawn type and every time we drove by a light they shut off.

Thanks so much! I picked up 2 last night. I may pickup 1 or 2 more before our trip. my DH and I love them! Thanks again for the suggestion!

We do similar to Carol. I believe in the tackier the better, lots of garland maybe some plastic decorations, what ever you like or looks good for you. In past years we've done just the green tree looking garland with decorations. If you have a Hobby Lobby around you they usually have good prices and lots of garlands, ribbons, decorations, and other odd and end things. Have fun with it.

If you are going to be at the Fort the weekend of the 12-14 there may be a golfcart parade. A big group comes in and stays in the cabins and I know last year they did a big golf cart parade through the loops. Last year they were inviting other people who had decorated carts to join in.

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions! I picked up some battery powered lights yesterday! Now if anyone has any suggestions on how to decorate the golf cart besides the lights I would love to hear them!

Wreaths.

How about those plastic window clings then tape them on the cart.

Never can have too many lights.

On my kayak I use strands of lights, some plastic light up trees, plastic figurines that light up, and a big star dangling on a surf rod which allows it to bounce around. This year I picked up a lot of color changing led lights inside of foam batons that are like small pool noodles. Got some on clearance at a science museum, and just got a lot at 90% off at Walgreens Halloween clearance. I'm going to attach them on my tree frame and on my deck lines.

Home depot has these on line, and in stock at some of the stores.

Gemmy 8-Light Clear Christmas Blinking Mickey Head String Lights
Model # 87049 Internet # 205081049

$14.98 and they are battery operated

Description: 

Bring a little Disney magic to your home this Christmas with these Blinking Mickey Head String Lights. The iconic mouse in his Santa cap has come to brighten up the season with super-efficient LEDs. Long-lasting LED technology uses up to 80% less energy than traditional incandescent bulbs. The best part is that these lights are battery-operated, so you can place them anywhere you want. Choose between blinking and steady light effects.

They have Hello Kitty ones also that are a lot brighter, probably because she's mostly a white character with a pink outfit.

9c3564a3-fd36-42f7-aa98-3e19074cb0fa_300