With many thanks to Fiend on the Scene Dave, these drink/snack carts have popped up at the Fort recently - one across from Pioneer Hall and the other at the Marina.  From info I've seen elsewhere, CMs have said that they're here to stay, at least for now.

Outside HDDRf5c105ccfac06f96b7d764d0bcf40840.jpg8bb9a7fc8f5d6b0bd42d7f7cd3ec3747.jpg

At the Marina, not open tonight. Might be weather dependent.db2d05a1df06c564e5f4bec9e471b9d7.jpg

Cute idea.... I'm guessing more for the "visitors" of the Fort (HDDR, BBQ, etc) than actual guests.  Then again... I guess you might be tempted to grab a coffee and pastry in the morning on your way to the MK.

Wait, just realized they did not have coffee on the menu...

Also, what holiday treats?

Didn't the holidays just come to an end?

Or is this a rotating treat based on the next holiday.....so Valentine treats are up with Easter or Memorial Day/Independence Day treats on deck?

Seems weird the carts would be just now introduced but have a sign that they are selling holiday treats.

Um. Nevermind. It makes perfect sense. It's stupid, so it makes all the sense in the world.

I would rather they fixed the settlement and RC wagons. I can already get beer in the evening at Crockett's.

That is so far away from the wagon across from Pioneer Hall though. I could get worn out walking all that extra mileage.

Also, what holiday treats?

Didn't the holidays just come to an end?

Or is this a rotating treat based on the next holiday.....so Valentine treats are up with Easter or Memorial Day/Independence Day treats on deck?

Seems weird the carts would be just now introduced but have a sign that they are selling holiday treats.

Um. Nevermind. It makes perfect sense. It's stupid, so it makes all the sense in the world.

I would rather they fixed the settlement and RC wagons. I can already get beer in the evening at Crockett's.

That is so far away from the wagon across from Pioneer Hall though. I could get worn out walking all that extra mileage.

:lol:

Wasn't able to get a pic, but the cart at the Marina has a sign that offers, Pulled pork sandwiches, sausage and one other item as well as beer, coke and water. There is also a pretzel carousel on the counter. The carpenter working on it said they were the Turkey Leg carts from the MK. Will work on getting a pic.

Wasn't able to get a pic, but the cart at the Marina has a sign that offers, Pulled pork sandwiches, sausage and one other item as well as beer, coke and water. There is also a pretzel carousel on the counter. The carpenter working on it said they were the Turkey Leg carts from the MK. Will work on getting a pic.

Thanks Dave!  Certainly sounds like something that's sticking around for a while.

I sure hope these aren't the end to Trail's End takeout. 

I doubt it since the one is only open in the evenings. My "source" is trying to add more for the guests. The comment was "I've been pushing for this since I got here, but it takes time". The same goes for the upgrades at the pool snack bar.

I doubt it since the one is only open in the evenings. My "source" is trying to add more for the guests. The comment was "I've been pushing for this since I got here, but it takes time". The same goes for the upgrades at the pool snack bar.

That sounds promising!

Very cool!