Besides that the other Christmas decorations go up weeks before the Tree.

Nice of them to leave the castle lit up form the workers while they work...... Wonder if there is any whistling going on. 

It also remains lit up because there are many guests that have a view of the castle from their hotel room. Can't have a guest look out the window and see a dark castle

Thanks for sharing this, Beckers. Very cool.

Did anyone notice the big scrim there on the right covering a big area of the Main Street buildings? I Wonder what's going on there?

TCD

There is an update/remodel going on at Uptown Jewelers. The back of the store will have a big Pandora charms area and they are also doing something to the outside.

There is an update/remodel going on at Uptown Jewelers. The back of the store will have a big Pandora charms area and they are also doing something to the outside.

That scrim isn't themed like they've done with others they've put up on Main Street in the recent past.  That big thing isn't in place for guests to see like it is in this photo, is it?

TCD

That scrim isn't themed like they've done with others they've put up on Main Street in the recent past. That big thing isn't in place for guests to see like it is in this photo, is it?

TCD

That's what I have seen in a couple of other photos. Not sure why they are doing it that way this time.

Looks like they are in the process of hanging it. You can see the guy on the right side holding a corner.  

But it looks like that is all there is to it.   Bad show  http://www.wdwmagic.com/shopping/uptown-jewelers/gallery/12jan2015-uptown-jewelers-refurbishment/23016.htm

Looks like they are in the process of hanging it. You can see the guy on the right side holding a corner.  

But it looks like that is all there is to it.   Bad show  http://www.wdwmagic.com/shopping/uptown-jewelers/gallery/12jan2015-uptown-jewelers-refurbishment/23016.htm

Bad show is right.  I am guessing this is just a very short-term thing.

TCD

A glimpse into what happens after the parks close. If they are taking down Christmas decor do they start to decorate for Valentine's Day or just go back to standard MK decor?

I don't recall any Valentine's Day decorations, but those Halloween decorations seem to go up earlier every year.  They're probably going up soon.

TCD

I was looking at google images from Valentine's 2014 and there does not appear to be decorations but it does look like they light the castle differently and the stores along with characters are all decked out in red hearts, valentines and lots of yummy treats.