• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it weird that I basically have seasonal passes so I can eat and drink my way through the flower garden and food wine festivals?

EasyWDW has posted reviews of the various food booths.    http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/epcot-flower-and-garden-2015-outdoor-kitchen-kiosk-reviews-pineapple-promenade-urban-farm-eats-france-fle

He's probably going to be too busy dancing.   TCD

From the Disney Parks Blog...

The Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival 2015 runs from March 4 to May 17 at Walt Disney World Resort. With beautiful flowers to see and delicious food to taste, I love strolling around Epcot a few times throughout spring. Here’s an update on some additional products created especially for this event. I also have a first look inside the Festival Center that will be open Fridays through Sundays in Future World between Mission: SPACE and Universe of Energy pavilions.

adhajkl654321-613x420.jpg

In a previous article, I promised details about the retail MagicBand created for this event. This new item has an edition size of 5,000 and features Anna and Elsa in their “Frozen Fever” attire from the upcoming animated short debuting in theaters before Disney’s “Cinderella” on March 13. Like all other retail MagicBands, this item can be linked later. Look for it in select retail locations at Epcot (it will not be available via the Disney Parks online store).

asdjk65432-613x430.jpg

I also found a few apparel items for adults and kids including Olaf shirts in blue and green, a Sorcerer Mickey topiary shirt, a yellow Minnie Mouse shirt for women, and a specially designed shirt for Annual Passholders.

asdfjk654123-613x932.jpg

Back by popular demand, we are releasing a new 12-month calendar featuring character topiaries from previous year’s festivals.

Guests will also find an iPhone 6 case with Anna and Elsa, magnets, headware, garden accessories, a new Disney Gift Card and much more.

While the Festival Center will only be open during the weekends, these items will be offered at several locations throughout Future World and World Showcase at Epcot (there are some great merchandise kiosks found along the World Showcase promenade).

asdfjk651234-613x614.jpg

Finally, the Festival Center will host Disney artist Jerrod Maruyama on March 8 from 11a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 – 2p.m. He will be signing his Epcot International Flower & Garden Festival-inspired piece titled “Spring Has Sprung.” I love his artwork so much!

Here are a few additional images from my visit to Epcot. I hope to see you this spring!

zxccvb612345-100x100.jpg
zxcvb123456-100x100.jpg
zxcvb345678-100x100.jpg
zxcvb654123-100x100.jpg
zxcvb654312-100x100.jpg
zxcvbn234567-100x100.jpg

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/photos-merchandise-blooms-at-epcot-international-flower-garden-festival-2015/

We trolled a few of the booths yesterday afternoon/evening. We were full about 1/2 way through.

Unfortunately, we got distracted by the lost wallet bit, so didn't bring the camera or document what we got, but it was all pretty yummy.

We finished the evening by going over to the Fort, visited with Grumpy and Grandma, borrowed a Fiend cart for a couple hours and went looping, then watched MK fireworks from the beach!

Perfect evening!! (Except for about 45 minutes in line and talking with Guest Services over the lost AP and TiW card.)

Thanks for the link.  Wow, there's a lot not to like with the booths this year.  What a bunch of dummies.  They just can't get this right.

I was wondering about why there was no menu released for the Festival Center (which is where they served the famous Beet Lollipop and Caprese Salad Push Pops).  According to Josh, the Festival Center is no longer sponsored by HGTV, and is only open on Friday through Sunday.  So, I guess they're not serving food in there.

I am glad to see the Booze Lollipops got a good review.

I plan on heading that way soon, and will share my findings when I do.

TCD

Thanks for the link. Wow, there's a lot not to like with the booths this year. What a bunch of dummies. They just can't get this right.

I was wondering about why there was no menu released for the Festival Center (which is where they served the famous Beet Lollipop and Caprese Salad Push Pops). According to Josh, the Festival Center is no longer sponsored by HGTV, and is only open on Friday through Sunday. So, I guess they're not serving food in there.

I am glad to see the Booze Lollipops got a good review.

I plan on heading that way soon, and will share my findings when I do.

TCD

Maybe the second half reviews will be better? The hot dog looks good.

Maybe the second half reviews will be better? The hot dog looks good.

I wouldn't count on the second half being better than the first.

The problem is that they are trying too hard to incorporate "flower and garden" ingredients in the food dishes, and the result is some very strange offerings.

And Josh commented several times about the stingy alcohol content in some very overpriced drinks.  That doesn't sound like much fun at all, does it?

That hot dog doesn't look good to me at all,  It's a quarter of a hot dog with some pineapple relish and spicy mayo dumped on top.

Gross.

TCD

New merchandise coming for the 2015 Epcot Flower & Garden Festival - including a new line of Dooney & Bourke purses - from the Disney Parks Blog...

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/02/first-look-at-new-products-coming-to-2015-epcot-international-flower-garden-festival-at-epcot/

We went looking yesterday, they had the Minnie and Mickey statuettes, and the Olaf items, but nobody had the flat garden stepping stones. That's what I really wanted.

EasyWDW has posted the rest of the menus, pictures, and reviews of the food and drinks.

I highly recommend the shrimp and grits. 

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/epcot-flower-and-garden-2015-outdoor-kitchen-kiosk-reviews-hanami-the-smokehouse-primavera-kitchen-florida-fresh-lotus-house-jardin-de-fiestas/#more-15295

After lunch at Rose and Crown yesterday we walked the showcase and tried a few things.  The Frushi in Japan wasn't bad.  I'm not a big sushi fan, but this was basically rice and fruit and had a nice flavor.  We had the bacon maple cupcake over at American Adventure.  That was good, certainly different.  Tasted a lot like pancakes, or a McGriddle.  My son in-law had the bacon stout beer.  I tried it.  Not bad as all.  Not too strong, but the bacon aftertaste was certainly different.  At the Florida stand, we had the blueberry lemon curd tart.  That was delicious.  Easily my favorite.  Finally we topped it off with a croissant donut near Canada.  Brought back memories of the beaver tails.  They were really good too.

We enjoyed the Flower and Garden festival.  Crowds weren't bad at all, not increasing until late afternoon when we were heading home.  The topiaries are amazing this year.  As tired as I am of Anna and Else, the topiaries are something to see.  I also like the festival center without the HGTV sponsorship.  The talks and displays seemed a lot more practical this year. 

Well djsamuel, somehow we didn't run into each other.

The TCD gang paid a quick scouting mission to the Flower and Garden Festival yesterday as well.

The girls had to get a violet lemonade at the Pineapple Promenade booth, as it is their favorite.  In the past, they used to garnish it with an edible flower.  They apparently dropped the garnish this year:

3%208%2015%20037_zpsvmwzskiv.jpg

Since I was there with my money out, I took one for the team and ordered the Pineapple Dog.  This is what I got:

3%208%2015%20035_zpswrcmkcwt.jpg

The menu describes this as a spicy hot dog, pineapple chutney and sriracha mayo.  I am not sure what the crunchy things on top were- those aren't mentioned in the description.  The serving size is equivalent to about 1/4 of a standard sized hot dog.  They aren't lying about it being spicy.  Overall, it wasn't anywhere near as bad as I expected. I actually liked it.

Next up was the ghost pepper dusted tilapia with crisp winter melon slaw an mint oil:

3%208%2015%20039_zpsn4hc23tc.jpg

That was good-but nowhere near as spicy as the ghost pepper dusting led me to expect.  A decent dish, but not memorable.

Next, we hiked all the way to America to try the BBQ place.

This is the Beef Brisket Burnt Ends Hash with White Cheddar Fondue and Pickled Jalapenos:

3%208%2015%20060_zpsaib6vmbh.jpg

We had two of these plus a pulled pork slider as well.  The serving sizes are generous.  The burnt ends were disappointing to me, as there's a Florida BBQ place with locations in Winter Park and Gainesville (Four Rivers is the name) which serves a dish they call burnt ends, and it's way better than what Disney is serving here in Epcot.  Still, the BBQ places is up there in our top three of the food booths this year.

On the way out of the International Gateway, we stopped by the France booth, and I got a booze lollipop:

3%208%2015%20062_zpstm37mmwk.jpg

The photos I have seen of these things, including mine, don't do a good job showing the size of the push pop.  They are much bigger than the push pops used for the beet lollipops a couple of years ago.   The booze lollipop is a hit- very tasty- but way overpriced.

The twins split a strawberry macaron, and I was able to take a bite.  They are very good:

3%208%2015%20063_zpsldixdpsy.jpg

That's all I have for now.  We didn't make it past America. 

But we'll be back.

So far, I liked everything we tried.  I would go back for the beef brisket hash, but probably won't have any of the other items again.

TCD