I think the increases have averaged about $5/year, depending on which ticket you're looking at, so that sounds about right.

We're looking at a 10 day pass (no park hopper) for this fall.... does anyone know what the price is increasing to on those?  Trying to decide if I should just buy them now.

Reading about the upcoming price increases made us get our Seasonal Annual passes by the end of January . Guy I work with went and bought the 10 day Park Hopper with no expiration. Cost him about $700. He only plans on going once a year, so he's good for a decade.

Smart!  I'm glad we bought our APs last fall and will get this year's trip out of them.  Skipping one increase cycle saves us even more, on top of what we saved doing the discounted-ticket-upgrade shuffle.

I guess that makes the non-expiration tickets I bought right before the June 2013 increase worth even more. But it makes them more likely the last tickets I'll ever buy (or buy for a long long time; possibly we'll use them for a trip in 2016 and then not buy again until 2018+).

Edited to add: Although my twins are going with their 8th grade class trip in May and I've been paying toward that since the Fall. I hope the cost doesn't go up. But I assume the school hasn't bought the tickets yet. Ugh.

Just bought three 10 day tickets with 10 water/fun options and no expiration.  Cost me a pretty penny, but we should be set for many years to come since we do not usually go to Disney, but every other year.  Doing it this way does bring the cost down for sure and gives us the flexibility on our trips even if the weather does not cooperate.

Probably a good time to remind people that you can actually save money on an AP (if you're in the market for one).  Check out the thread below for more info. And if you buy your discount ticket now, you'll save twice by missing the price increase coming also.

http://www.fortfiends.net/forum/topic/13826-how-to-get-a-discount-on-annual-passes/

All you folks scrambling to buy multi-day tickets are doing exactly what Disney wants you to do.

They don't actually expect very many guests to shell out for the one day passes- but by raising the price for one day, the multi-day deals suddenly look attractive.

They are the best there is in figuring out how to pick our pockets clean.

TCD

All you folks scrambling to buy multi-day tickets are doing exactly what Disney wants you to do.

They don't actually expect very many guests to shell out for the one day passes- but by raising the price for one day, the multi-day deals suddenly look attractive.

TCD

yea, but this will cover us for several years. By that time we will have hit the lottery and will be staying at the Grand Floridian with length of stay passes and a free meal plan!

TCD

I know, but I would be kicking myself later on if I had the chance to buy the no expiration option ticket and did not do so.

WDWMagic is reporting details on the price increases that are supposedly taking place tomorrow...

Walt Disney World ticket price increases effective tomorrow
Feb 21, 2015 | 12:41pm EST

Disney will be increasing ticket prices at Walt Disney World effective Sunday February 22 2015.

Increases are across the board, with only DisneyQuest and parking fees escaping an increase. Most notable is the removal of the no-expiration option on Magic Your Way multi day tickets.

Here is a run-down of most of the changes.

Single Day Passes

A single day at the Magic Kingdom will increase to $105, up from $99, while the other three parks will increase to $97, up from the current $94.

Annual Passes

An Annual Pass will increase from $634 to $654, and a Premium Annual Pass from $754 to $779.

Water Parks

Water Parks will increase from $53 to $58 for ages 10 and up, and from $45 to $50 for ages 3-9. Annual Passes for the water parks will go from $104 to $110 adults and $85 to $99 ages 3-9.

Magic Your Way Multi Day Tickets

Multi-day tickets will no longer be available with the 'No-Expiration' option. Price increases typically reflect a $1 - $2 per day change.

A 10 day ticket is now $365, up from $354. A 7 day is now $335, up from $324. And a 3 day is $275, up from 274.

Park Hopper options on multi-day tickets have increased on average $4. Park hopper on a 10 day is now $64, previously $60. A single day park hopper however is now $50, up form the previous $35.

Florida Residents

Florida Resident tickets Annual Passes are now $529, up from $485. Resident Premium Pass $649, up from $605. Florida Seasonal Pass $329 up from $319.

Florida Resident 4 Day is now $209, up from $199. 3 Day is $189, up from $179.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/magic-your-way-ticket/news/21feb2015-walt-disney-world-ticket-price-increases-effective-tomorrow.htm

Glad we made our purchase in time. I bought 4 10 day hopper non-expiring. We figure 3 park days per trip, with a trip every 18 months or so. We are covered for more than the next 10 years.... After that it will probably be hotels and length of stay passes.

I just got this email from Undercover Tourist. Of particular note, the part I bolded in purple...

Shop Our Lowest Prices of the Year!
disney_price_rise.jpg
Disney World Gate Prices Increasing on Sunday, Feb 22

It's official! Walt Disney World® Resort gate price admission will increase on Sunday, February 22. You can avoid the gate price increase by purchasing your tickets now. Undercover Tourist will continue to offer tickets at the 2014 discounted prices for a limited time.

As a reminder, you may activate Disney tickets anytime! All our Disney tickets are FastPass+ enabled and may be added to My Disney Experience and MagicBands, so you can plan ahead and skip the lines at the gate. Your purchase is backed by one of the best refund policies in the business.

Glad we made our purchase in time. I bought 4 10 day hopper non-expiring. We figure 3 park days per trip, with a trip every 18 months or so. We are covered for more than the next 10 years.... After that it will probably be hotels and length of stay passes.

They actually no longer have "length of stay" passes.

They have expiring passes of various lengths, not tied to your resort reservation.

They actually no longer have "length of stay" passes.

They have expiring passes of various lengths, not tied to your resort reservation.

darn, see the things I miss when I have a few glasses of wine..... So, even staying at at a hotel I buy an X day pass, no matter how many hotel nights?

Yep!

Although just to keep things confusing, if you purchase a dining plan, it's tied to the # of nights on your room reservation, not how many ticket days you have.

i guess they have to keep,it confusing so folks walk away not using something. Back to the A B C D E tickets. How many folks still have those in a drawer unused......

Post from Mousesavers this morning:

As most of you already know, Disney raised prices at Walt Disney World and Disneyland on the same day: February 22, 2015. Both of the authorized ticket sellers we recommend (Undercover Tourist and aRes Travel) sold tickets at the old prices as long as they could, but we are told that as of now they have both raised their prices for the general public to the new 2015 levels, or will be this morning.

However, both of them have a small stock of pre-price-rise tickets remaining and have offered readers of the MouseSavers Hot Deals an exclusive chance to get these tickets. If you purchase through the links below, you will get the old prices for as long as stock lasts. These prices will only last a limited time; perhaps as little as 24 hoursafter you get this announcement. If you have any tickets you need to purchase for a future trip, this is the last chance to buy at the old prices and save some money. This offer is not being extended to anyone else, and is exclusively for MouseSavers Hot Deals subscribers.

Remember that Walt Disney World tickets do not expire until 14 days after the first use, no matter how far in the future that is, so even if your next trip isn’t until next year or later, there’s no problem buying your tickets well in advance. Walt Disney World ticket prices have gone up every year significantly faster than inflation, so buying now is a good hedge against future price increases.