BIG Summer trip planning looking for help

To my understanding there is already an office but they are bring a group from the Seattle area.  Not everyone wanted to transfer so DD was a to pick up one.  She is very excited to move to a bigger town with more young people.  She has worked for them for 18 months.

Thanks Ray, the place does not look to bad just need a spot to park & sleep maybe a couple of nights not sure yet, we do not need all the fancy things that some places offer just me & the wife and will probably sight see so not there much. Will be in touch and hope we can meet up somewhere

No problem.

Just remember it's at least 25-30 minutes from downtown Oklahoma City. But Oklahoma City is really big. Area wise. It's very spread out but we don't have a lot of heavy traffic.

It takes me about 45 minutes to get from downtown to my house with no traffic and about 55-60 during rush hour. So not to bad.

Let me know if you want a full report on another CG in or around okc.

The campground at the Oklahoma State Fair grounds is probably the most centrally located CG in OKC. Right off if I-40 and 3-4 miles to downtown and most things you'd want to see.

Also there's always something going on at the fair grounds. And it's really easy to get into with big rigs. You should see some of the horse trailers-rv combos that camp there. There huge. Almost all of them are pulled by big semi trucks.

Here's a link. I hope it works.

http://m.okstatefair.com/content/rv-park

The campground at the Oklahoma State Fair grounds is probably the most centrally located CG in OKC. Right off if I-40 and 3-4 miles to downtown and most things you'd want to see.

Also there's always something going on at the fair grounds. And it's really easy to get into with big rigs. You should see some of the horse trailers-rv combos that camp there. There huge. Almost all of them are pulled by big semi trucks.

Here's a link. I hope it works.

http://m.okstatefair.com/content/rv-park

Thanks Ray but the fair grounds states camping for people attending events and says you have to tell them what events you are there for, to bad price looked good.

Taos. Take a ride around the ring of fire. It's beautiful.

Amarillo Texas. Stop by the Grand Canyon of Texas. Eat at the Bog Texan. Home of the "free 72 oz steak". If you eat it all. Also visit the American quarter horse museum.

Coming from Amarillo. Stop at the Stafford air & space museum in weatherford oklahoma.

I was going to recommend the Big Texan Steakhouse in Amarillo as well.  I love that place! 

• 1 month later...

Ok an update and not a good one. This trip is being postponed to another year as my wife has found out her mother has cancer and less then 10 months. She lives with us so we can not be that far away so as always family comes first. Thanks for all the info & help  so far will just store it all for later.

Thank you everyone  for all the well wishes & prayers, not sure how things will go, MIL has been in the hospital now for over a week under hospice care. Right now it is the wait & see mode but are prepared for the worse, hopefully there will be a little travel this summer just can not be to far from home. Sometime thru all this you just need a day or two away to recharge and regain brain cells.

Thank you everyone  for all the well wishes & prayers, not sure how things will go, MIL has been in the hospital now for over a week under hospice care. Right now it is the wait & see mode but are prepared for the worse, hopefully there will be a little travel this summer just can not be to far from home. Sometime thru all this you just need a day or two away to recharge and regain brain cells.

Not quite the same tihng but if you need company some weekend we might be able to come down for a visit. I can cook up some good grub and we can try to break things up a little if you end up not able to get away.

Not quite the same tihng but if you need company some weekend we might be able to come down for a visit. I can cook up some good grub and we can try to break things up a little if you end up not able to get away.

Thanks Jason sounds like a GREAT offer thanks.

Don't forget that Hospice provides a respite care service to give caregivers a break.

Thank you, hospice has been great, not the 1st time we have needed them and they have always been fantastic.