• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The official policy is that you aren't supposed to park at another resort to go to a park.  There are times of the year when they are strict about this, and will only allow guests registered at that r

TCD is referencing Josh... my work here is done! 

I have both of those items. They're only included in the deluxe package, however. 

Susan I agree. I plan to eat two nice meals for my husband and son's birthdays. We try and eat very healthy and I know eating out would upset many of the childrens bellies. I will set aside money for special treats at the parks but after that I think most will be taken in with us or eaten at the camper.

I know we will have a fantastic time while on our trip. I am concerned however with all the negative posts I have been seeing about the Fort. We are pretty easy going, easy to please, and respectful of rules and others property and time.  We ask the same of others but do not expect or demand it. All that being said are there portions of the 1300 and 1400 loops that might make our trip more enjoyable?  I know Christina momofmany got stuck in a site that people cross. I think lightbike said the same thing.  Is this just the luck of the draw and are there things that can be done to discourage rude guests? I know loads of questions in a question. sorry ;)

I know we will have a fantastic time while on our trip. I am concerned however with all the negative posts I have been seeing about the Fort. We are pretty easy going, easy to please, and respectful of rules and others property and time.  We ask the same of others but do not expect or demand it. All that being said are there portions of the 1300 and 1400 loops that might make our trip more enjoyable?  I know Christina momofmany got stuck in a site that people cross. I think lightbike said the same thing.  Is this just the luck of the draw and are there things that can be done to discourage rude guests? I know loads of questions in a question. sorry ;)

Pretty easy going may not be enough.  You need to be very easy going.  A lot of the stuff people are negative about and complaining about is small potatoes.  And a lot of it is from inept management.

If you can let that all go, you'll be fine.  No place is perfect, and the Fort sure isn't.  But the good far outweighs the bad.  Which is why we all keep going back.  If you want to spend your precious time at the Fort stewing about someone cutting through your campsite, or hanging a clothesline, then maybe it isn't the place for you.

TCD

No place is perfect, and the Fort sure isn't.  But the good far outweighs the bad.  Which is why we all keep going back.  If you want to spend your precious time at the Fort stewing about someone cutting through your campsite, or hanging a clothesline, then maybe it isn't the place for you.

^THIS^  :D

Yeah your right. There is no perfect place and there are rude people everywhere. I can't control them but I can control how I react to it.  I mean really I am in WDW, relax and go. Enjoy and have a positive outlook.  I think reading all the negative commments has gotten to me. Time to avoid the negative and press on.  Thanks TCD and Mo. You guys are the best!  

TCD has me very excitied about the create-your-own pasta at POR.  My husband loves chicken fettachini alfredo and I like the prices.  If I go that route what are some great dessert places at DTD?  I really want Beaches and Cream but am not sure of a qick way to get there. 

Yeah your right. There is no perfect place and there are rude people everywhere. I can't control them but I can control how I react to it.  I mean really I am in WDW, relax and go. Enjoy and have a positive outlook.  I think reading all the negative commments has gotten to me. Time to avoid the negative and press on. 

This exactly!  :)

Do they serve icecream?

Oh they sure do!  Very delicious ice cream, sundaes, the works.

• 5 months later...

Can I get a bus from the Fort to the Boardwalk? Also how much of the pathway connecting the CT, MK, etc is finished? I know they wanted to make it go all the way around but didn't know if that dream ever came about.

No, not from the Fort to the Boardwalk, BUT you can get a bus from the Fort to the Studios, then it's a short walk or boat ride to the Boardwalk.

The walk around the lake never quite made it.  Currently you can walk from Contemporary to MK, AND you can walk from TTC to Polynesian to Grand Floridian (and you can walk from the Poly to Shades of Green).

There are gaps between the Contemporary and the TTC and gaps between GF and MK.