I've seen the overall maps of Ft. Wilderness that identifies the various loops. I've also seen the videos of the loops and have the app.

What I can't seem to find and am not sure if it is published are individual loop maps that show the specific sites on them. Surely this exists for the Disney employees - does anyone know of these exist for the public?

There's a notebook that the CM's at the Front Desk have with hand-drawn maps of the sites.  This notebook also contains site dimensions and comments about the sites on topics such as ease of backing in.  For whatever reason, this information is considered to be secret, and isn't available to the general public.  If you ask, the CM's will show you the book at check-in.  But, they're very protective of it.

TCD

You could look at the Google earth maps. Those have the sites numbered. Not home to grab the link right now but I am sure some one will grab that from the info page for you.

I've never been good with using Google Earth. Either I'm really dumb or way over thinking it. But I'll go looking for that link.

There's a notebook that the CM's at the Front Desk have with hand-drawn maps of the sites.  This notebook also contains site dimensions and comments about the sites on topics such as ease of backing in.  For whatever reason, this information is considered to be secret, and isn't available to the general public.  If you ask, the CM's will show you the book at check-in.  But, they're very protective of it.

TCD

I'm kind of a fast runner... maybe I can grab it and take off when I'm there next.

Touring plans has a map with individual sites marked out per loop. It is part of their Room Finder and shows the "view" from the room/site

but it is part of their pay feature. The only thing is the sites are not numbered, you have to click on them to see the site number, but the layout isn't bad.

Best Regards,

Norm

I'm kind of a fast runner... maybe I can grab it and take off when I'm there next.

No need to grab it - just be really quick with some photos!  LOL

Okay, I did a google search and found maps of some loops.  However, it is from Voldy, so i am hesitant to post it here.

Marty, do they look "official" or hand done?  Just a heads up that if it doesn't appear to be from Disney, it might not be totally accurate.

Touring plans has a map with individual sites marked out per loop. It is part of their Room Finder and shows the "view" from the room/site

but it is part of their pay feature. The only thing is the sites are not numbered, you have to click on them to see the site number, but the layout isn't bad.

Hmm... I have a subscription to Touring Plans.  Sounds like a project for a Fiend with a little time on their hands.  8)

Best Regards,

Norm

Hmm, they might actually get my $13!

Marty, do they look "official" or hand done?  Just a heads up that if it doesn't appear to be from Disney, it might not be totally accurate.

They look like they were done on a computer, but definitely not "official"  the poster says they may not be completely accurate.  they were done by CDNCruiser, who is a member here but not very active.  

Yes!

Thanks! I also found this FF page, but looks like most of the images are broken:

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/fort-wilderness-site-maps-in-googleearth-r312

Though, I will say- I think at first glance that this Google Earth map will work quite nicely for what I want.

They look like they were done on a computer, but definitely not "official"  the poster says they may not be completely accurate.  they were done by CDNCruiser, who is a member here but not very active.  

I'd be inclined to trust something Gary put together, but if even he's saying it may not be completely accurate, I wouldn't hang my hat on it.

Thanks! I also found this FF page, but looks like most of the images are broken:

http://www.fortfiends.net/_/accomodations/loop-information/fort-wilderness-site-maps-in-googleearth-r312

Though, I will say- I think at first glance that this Google Earth map will work quite nicely for what I want.

I think the static images moved, which is what broke the links.  But the map should still work.

And if you want to put your Touring Plans membership to good use and throw something "Fort Fiends official" together, that would be awesome!  And if you like, I'm happy to put my graphic designer skills to slap a FF logo on it and make it look all shiny and Snarky.  :)

Back in the 50's there was a TV show about a double agent as a spy for the USofA, "I Led Three Lives", and Herb Carlson comes to mind, but may be wrong.  Anyway, he was adept at slipping into foreign agents and government offices and photographing documents.  I'm sure he could get copies of the prints the CMs use.  He got away with it every week.