Hi Fiends Friends, 

Our family will be heading to the Fort for the first time this July. My question is about cable service to more than one television...what equipment do ya'll use to be able to watch different channels on different televisions? Is it as simple as splitting the output in our travel trailer?

Thanks in advance for your help!

As long as you have digital TVs what Carol said will work for all channels. If you still have analog TVs you will only get limited channels, but if you check out one of their digital converters you can get all channels on one TV or both if you want to watch the same thing on both.

As long as you have digital TVs what Carol said will work for all channels. If you still have analog TVs you will only get limited channels, but if you check out one of their digital converters you can get all channels on one TV or both if you want to watch the same thing on both.

Grumpy is right.  If you don't have digital TV's, then you are going to have a mess on your hands.

In case you don't know- analog TV's require the use of one of the Fort's digital converters-which are available for check out (for free) from the Meadow Trading Post.  But, they have a limited number of converters, and typically will have a waiting list during busy times.

TCD

I am pretty sure our tv has a digital converter built in. We just bought it a couple weeks ago and it picks up the OTA channels in the same digital format of FW channel line up...so I still need a separate converter from FW to pick up their channels?

Nope. You only need the FORT's converter for non-digital TV's if you just bought you are good to go.

This has got me wondering just how many televisions that the average camper has.  My camper came equipped for two sets and I thought that would be about the average.  On second thought, I forgot about my outside connection that I added, so maybe three is the average.

Another thing to keep in mind, if you are using a digital converter it has to be HD capable or you will view only in SD.  Most of the converters on the market were only capable of SD.