Ok, here is a stupid question. I know the overflow is for

1. Cars that will not fit on the pad

2. Utility trailers for golf carts

3. A waiting area until your site is ready

4. Possible guest visiting you at the fort

5. Guest with ADR at trails end

But, what is the deal with campers unhitched and just left in the lot. Also trucks hauling flatbeds with numerous got carts. If we just snow the fort management and leave our camper in the lot between visits. Then count me in

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They have a camper and a highly lettered tow vehicle in one of the loops by the Meadows and 2 or 3 of the carts were also at the site. One is a custom cart that looks like a stretch 57 Chevy. The com

WHAT! No more cinnamon rolls?  When did that happen.   Next thing you know they will shut down 20000 Leagues Under the Sea!

Ok, here is a stupid question. I know the overflow is for

1. Cars that will not fit on the pad

2. Utility trailers for golf carts

3. A waiting area until your site is ready

4. Possible guest visiting you at the fort

5. Guest with ADR at trails end

But, what is the deal with campers unhitched and just left in the lot. Also trucks hauling flatbeds with numerous got carts. If we just snow the fort management and leave our camper in the lot between visits. Then count me in

Some could be on a Cruise since that is allowable and Sat is a sail date. Saw the golf cart truck and that had me wondering too.There is also one or two trucks from a golf cart company on a site as well so possibly they brought their personal carts with a company truck.

Totally unconfirmed rumor from a totally unconfirmed source is that the truck/trailer full of golf carts belongs to a guest that checked into the Fort yesterday.

That would make it a lot easier to rent them if you have a site number to use.

Good point!

I can see it making sense sense from a $ perspective to deliver a camper 3 hours away, but unless they're renting a whole bunch of carts at a whack and doing mass drop-offs/pick-ups, not sure that works.

If there are shenanigans afoot, coming in with a big ol' lettered red truck and trailer full of carts isn't likely to not catch Disney's attention.

Any Fiends on the Scene know if any of the carts left the trailer?

They have a camper and a highly lettered tow vehicle in one of the loops by the Meadows and 2 or 3 of the carts were also at the site. One is a custom cart that looks like a stretch 57 Chevy. The company is Custom Golf Carts. Forgot to add several of the trailers/fifth wheels that were there yesterday were the rentals waiting to be staged on a site.

Well if you're looking to sell carts to a targeted, captive audience, why not book a few nights at the Fort and put on a show?  Great advertising opportunity and a business write off to boot!  :)

I think you nailed it. What's the company name? Is it East Coast Custom Carts?

Well if you're looking to sell carts to a targeted, captive audience, why not book a few nights at the Fort and put on a show?  Great advertising opportunity and a business write off to boot!  :)

This seems to be the most logical explanation. And I like it. I wonder if I could start a one cart rental service and "advertise" it at The Fort, then write it off.

Cody

This seems to be the most logical explanation. And I like it. I wonder if I could start a one cart rental service and "advertise" it at The Fort, then write it off.

Cody

Theres an idea, I have 2 carts so if I bring them both up for our halloween and xmas trips and rent one out I could write it off and help pay for the site. Brilliant!

Well it looks like this guy is selling carts, not renting them.  Lettering your vehicle like this gives you all sort of potential write-offs, as it's considered part of your advertising expenses for your business.  But it still has to be not so much of a stretch as to convince the IRS if they question it. DH tried to convince our accountant that if we lettered our ATV for my graphic design business, that we could write it of.  :rofl2:

I'd be willing to bet Disney would have a big problem with advertising a cart rental business this way.

so who camps at the fort then can afford a Disney cruise in the same vacation. It's not like some of the RVs that sit unattached in the oveflow lots are Prevost or something. Plus, where is your tow vehicle if your on a cruise unless they drove to the port.

so who camps at the fort then can afford a Disney cruise in the same vacation. It's not like some of the RVs that sit unattached in the oveflow lots are Prevost or something. Plus, where is your tow vehicle if your on a cruise unless they drove to the port.

When your old like us you do. :rofl2: And we know others not as old who have done it too only they camped for a day or two, cruised and then came back for a day or two.