I just arrived at the fort last night, this is my second time staying here, stayed two weeks in June of last year. Love the campground and all but I have never seen people park their RV's or campers to the very front of the sites before in any other campground. Do people do it just they can have a back yard behind their RV to hang out in?

It makes it difficult to back into your site when the RV across from you is parked close to the road and then their vehicles are parked into the road a little because the RV is so far forward.

I'm the opposite, I back my camper as far back and as far over as possible so I have ample room on the site under my awning and have plenty of room to park my truck out of the road and out of people's way.

Just wondering if there is some other reason for doing it?

It depends, some folks have slideouts that won't clear the utility poles any other way, some want the space in back. On the sites that have coquina pads in the back, some don't want to put their back wheels or stabilizers on the coquina pad. There are a million reasons.

I'm the same way as you. Go as far back as possible and as close to the utility side of the pad, sometimes even dropping one wheel off the concrete so I have as much on the door side of the camper as possible.

I like to have some room in the back for our screen room but also make sure that there is plent of room in the front for the truck and golfcart completely out of the road at least by a few feet. Wasnt a problem with our 18ft trailer with the new one we will see may lose my room for the screen room behind. The one night we spent in the 1000 loop when we picked up the new trailer I had to park farther foward than I like due to the length of power cord and the fact the pole was at the front of the site. Easy fix I'm getting an extension cord so we wont have the problem again.

For us in 300, we're usually doing the dance of making sure our slide will go out, leaving just enough room at the back to setup the pen for the dogs, and still being able to squeeze the Excursion and golf cart in.  We always try and get as far back as we can, but sometimes utility poles and trees end up dictating where we end up.

We are also dictated somewhat by the location of the utility posts ansd slideouts, but we also have a cargo trailer we tow for our special needs equipment ans supplies that goes at the back of the site. I also hate it when others are not very concerned as to how i can or can't get into my site.  When we bring a van, we usually try to put it in the overflow lot to offer as much front space as possible for our neighbors.  At times, the van is brought back for use that day, but it can be moved if someone nearby has a problem parking.  We try to be good neighbors.