How important is it for the campground or RV park to have cable hook-ups?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How important is it for the campground or RV park to have cable hook-ups?

• Highly important- it's a dealbreaker if they don't have it
    • Important- but it doesn't over-rule other ammenities
    • Good to have, but I really don't care
    • Not very important- I don't ask about it when reserving or checking in
    • Very unimportant- I don't want it available b/c I don't want the family being couch potatos.
    • Not important- I have satellite

I said "good to have" b/c we like the news & weather channels at night but, to be honest, I've never even thought about asking about cable when deciding where to stay. It's more about the location, pool, and other amenities for us...

For an overnight, not so important, but for several days or more, it becomes more important, especially as mentioned during bad weather and Mostly in football season.  I haven't carried the satellite dish in a year or so, but have watched a lot of cable.

Usually I am happy with whatever we can pick up with the amplified antenna.  Once when we were camping in the Poconos we got no reception and the cable didn't work.  That was a pain, but not a war stopper.

On the occasions that hubby's with us, it's more important. The kids and I will put in a DVD if anything, but hubby likes his routine in the morning -- and that includes the news on TV. Otherwise, we're fine without it. (Although smart phone signal/Wifi is a whole 'nuther story! That's my vice!)

I just got an iPhone, it is becoming my new vicethumbnail.aspx?q=410714578598&id=10af11db02a312658e09d2b731d6597e

I just got an iPhone, it is becoming my new vicethumbnail.aspx?q=410714578598&id=10af11db02a312658e09d2b731d6597e

I completely hear you! Hubby surprised me with one for my birthday back in August. My old cell phone was WAY past its expiration date, but I'm a total frugal mama and was going to use it until it completely croaked. I opened the iPhone (complete with beautiful purple cover, of course!) and was like, "What did you DO?"

Fast forward a couple months, and I can't believe I love a piece of technology as much as I do that thing! It can do practically everything, and when I'm camping without wifi, it's awesome!

Enjoy yours!

I completely hear you! Hubby surprised me with one for my birthday back in August. My old cell phone was WAY past its expiration date, but I'm a total frugal mama and was going to use it until it completely croaked. I opened the iPhone (complete with beautiful purple cover, of course!) and was like, "What did you DO?"

Fast forward a couple months, and I can't believe I love a piece of technology as much as I do that thing! It can do practically everything, and when I'm camping without wifi, it's awesome!

Enjoy yours!

I love to travel but I don't well in the car. It's not a road trip unless I am screaming "we're gonna die". Just made a round trip to Miami and back and I was so busy texting, IMing and surfing the web, I hardly knew we were in the car :dance: