Tusker house breakfast vs Chef Mickeys?

Has anyone done both chef mickeys and Tusker house breakfast? Any difference in the food? Does Tusker house have waffles(that's all my kids care about)? I like the safari outfits and would like to do lunch at TH but mom and Brian don't care for it (but I really do because the fish is usually good!)

We've done both and actually preferred Tusker House and yes they have waffles.  The character interaction seemed to be better. Here;s the menu

pit-Roasted Bone-in Ham

Spiced Corn Beef Hash with Cornbread Topping

Scrambled Eggs

Mickey Waffles

Potato and Leek Frittata

Ham and Cheese Frittata

Beef Bobotie

Seasonal Vegetable Quiche

Oven-roasted Red Skin Potatoes

Coconut-Sweet Potato Casserole

Basmati Rice
with Lemon, Cinnamon, and Cardamon

Sweet Plantains

Sweet and Spicy Honey Mustard

Cheese Blintz
with Cherry or Apple Topping

Tater Tot Potatoes

Bacon

Sausage Patties

Warm Maple Syrup

Whipped Butter

Froot Loops

Rice Crispies

Mealie Pap

Oatmeal

Raisins

Biscuits

Sausage Gravy

Raisin Bran

Frosted Flakes

Granola

Lemon-Poppyseed Bread

Assorted Yogurts

Assorted Fruits
Cantaloupe Melon, Pineapple, Honeydew Melon, Watermelon, Bananas, and Grapes

Cottage Cheese

Vegetable Cream Cheese

Plain Cream Cheese

Jams, Jellies, and Fruit Chutneys

Whole Grain Breads

Orange Bread

Cornbread

Banana Bread

Coffee Cake

Glazed Donut Holes

Mealie Cornbread

Apple Turnovers

Strawberry Turnover

Mini Plain Croissants

Mini Chocolate Croissants

Warm Cinnamon Rolls

Fruit Cobbler

Banana-Cinnamon Bread Pudding
with Vanilla Sauce

We love Tusker House breakfast, it was our favorite character meal. Their coffee is good, and I'm not a coffee drinker and that fruit juice they serve is great also. Also as said character interaction was really good there. we are definitely doing it again in November.

Best Regards,

Norm

Norm,

If it's the same juice as I am thinking its orange juice, Goya brand guava and Goya passion fruit, mix equal parts. Shop Rite sells the Goya juice on the ethic food aisle.

I think thats the recipe, I looked it up once online, but I didn't think it would taste as good in NJ, so I didn't try to recreate it.

Best Regards,

Norm

I've hear that mixture called POG, and, they serve it at many different venues at WDW, including the Trail's End breakfast buffet as "Moonshine."

The often untrustworthy Disney Mom's panel answered a question about it back in 2009:

Sounds like you're another fan of the Polynesian's 'POG' juice!

'POG' is short for the ingredients in the juice: passionfruit juice, orange juice, and guava juice!  My understanding is that the drink is simply equal amounts of all three juices!  It's a favorite at Lilo & Stitch's Character Breakfast. 

Although I can't get some of the juices in my small town, a quick look on the internet by googling "Welch's + passionfruit juice" took me to Welch's website where I found passionfruit juice and guava pineapple juice!  Another search for "Meadow Gold + pog" took me to lanimoo.com and under its product search, I found, you guessed it: POG--by the gallon and the half-gallon!

You may want to check out your local grocery store for any ot these!

Here's to POG!

http://disneyparksmomspanel.disney.go.com/questions.aspx?pgm=2&pid=46&cid=107&qid=54088

If you like that juice, you can find it all over WDW, and, apparently, at your local grocer.

TCD