Westward Ho! To Disneyland We Go!!!!

Looks nice! Great pood forn pictures too. The blue sky is a nice plus.

The time I went to LA in the early 1970's to visit my uncle was a different world with lots of smog. My eyes began watering so bad that they brought me to an eye doctor who basically said "this only started once you got in the valley with all the smog; I suggest leaving instead of trying medication." Good advice for back then! Loved the area and would like to get back there now that the air is better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I decided to go ahead and get started on this trip report.   Some preamble. We always have wanted to do something special for our 25th Anniversary, and years ago we evened dreamed about visiting the D

After World of Color, we waited on the crowds to disperse, then wandered to DTD for some Earl of Sandwich. I had found a Groupon for $10 worth for $5, and was able to buy two coupons, so dinner was pr

By the way...who is this Westward Ho you are speaking of? :rofl3:

Finally caught up! Thanks for all of the pictures of Grand Californian - we'll be staying there in October. Do you recommend riding Radiator Springs Racers first thing and then grabbing the fastpass (for later in the day) when you come off of the ride? Loving all of the food pictures, too!

Finally caught up! Thanks for all of the pictures of Grand Californian - we'll be staying there in October. Do you recommend riding Radiator Springs Racers first thing and then grabbing the fastpass (for later in the day) when you come off of the ride? Loving all of the food pictures, too!

Yes, I would, UNLESS you have someone who is quick, and can run and grab FP while the rest enter the line, and can catch up. We're not very quick, so it was better for us to just get in line, and then get FP after riding.

Now to continue our California Adventure Day....

We're wandering again... (we're good at that)

This is about as close as we got to Grizzly River Rapids

IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

Next it looks like we saw It's Tough to Be a Bug

IMG_1051.jpg

Then over to Paradise Pier

IMG_1053.jpg

IMG_1054.jpg

IMG_1057.jpg

IMG_1063.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

Then we took a trip on the Mickey's Fun Wheel

IMG_1067.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1085.jpg

IMG_1089.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1092.jpg

IMG_1093.jpg

IMG_1095.jpg

They were setting up for World of Color, so either the water was lowered or the platform raised (not sure which they do)

California Screamin getting ready to launch

IMG_1107.jpg

Then we decided to leave the park and wander into Downtown Disney. Oh, and by the way, even though we had FP for later in the afternoon for Radiator Springs again, we knew we wouldn't get back, so we gave them away.

IMG_1116.jpg

Then I thought we'd take a different way back to the hotel. I vaguely remembered walking through DTD, then cutting over to Katella, but apparently I was wrong, so we took a scenic tour of the pathways of Disneyland Hotel

IMG_1117.jpg

IMG_1119.jpg

and that's all for the morning. After a good nap we went back to the park later that evening.  More to come later

and World of Color begins

IMG_1138.jpg

IMG_1139.jpg

IMG_1141.jpg

IMG_1142.jpg

IMG_1146.jpg

IMG_1150.jpg

IMG_1165.jpg

IMG_1182.jpg

IMG_1221.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

IMG_1247.jpg

IMG_1255.jpg

IMG_1275.jpg

IMG_1282.jpg

IMG_1303.jpg

IMG_1318.jpg

IMG_1330.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

IMG_1351.jpg

As you can imagine, as much as I love Epcots fountain, I LOVED this show, but agree with TCD, would have preferred a higher elevation to see the water level. I honestly could have done without the animation on the mist screens. The fountains, lights and music would have been fine with me.

After World of Color, we waited on the crowds to disperse, then wandered to DTD for some Earl of Sandwich. I had found a Groupon for $10 worth for $5, and was able to buy two coupons, so dinner was pretty cheap :)

IMG_1363.jpg

IMG_1364.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

IMG_1377.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1380.jpg

and thus ends another day out on the Left Coast

Your pictures of the World of Colour are gorgeous - it was our favourite thing when we went a couple of years ago - we could actually see it from our room.

I wish they'd bring something like that to WDW - maybe the new show at Animal Kingdom will include something like it.

Your pictures of the World of Colour are gorgeous - it was our favourite thing when we went a couple of years ago - we could actually see it from our room.

I wish they'd bring something like that to WDW - maybe the new show at Animal Kingdom will include something like it.

Fingers crossed - that would be terrific.

Really enjoying the nighttime pictures!

Thanks!

Toy Story Midway Mania makes a lot more sense in that environment.  It looks like a "Midway" attraction.  

Yes it does

Haagen-Daaz! Oh how I miss going to that ice cream shop. When I lived in Maryland, my coworkers and I use to walk over to the Columbia Mall for a break and get a nice cream cone occasionally.

Yes, that stuff is good, but OY, there's more calories in those things than one should have in two days worth of food!

True.  And they have their Mr. Potato Head outside of the attraction, like a carnival barker.  His location there makes much more sense, and all guests can enjoy him- not just those in the queue. 

TCD

Yes, it does

It was fun, but the "viewing" areas are my idea of a nightmare

Caught up!  Love all the California Adventure pics and Carsland in particular looks really cool.

The nighttime/World of Color photos are awesome!

Thanks!

Fingers crossed - that would be terrific.

Yes it would!

It's time to continue this report again....

We're up to Friday, April 17th.

I didn't have time to print a "Snarky sign", so wore my Snarky shirt instead.

This was my entry for Where in the World is Snarky

20150417_103209.jpg

Today, we decided to have breakfast at one of the hotels on our walk to the park. I honestly forget which one, but it was a buffet for $9.95 each.

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

IMG_1386.jpg

It was just average, but we're still pretty much striking out on breakfast. So far value for dollar has been our breakfast at Flo's V8 Cafe IN THE PARK!

Today we are back in Disneyland. Let's see what we're gonna do today.

IMG_1395.jpg

One thing Disney everywhere excels at is the landscaping.

IMG_1404.jpg

IMG_1409.jpg

For our ride plan, I purchased RideMax. It is a neat software where you plug in the date you are going, the rides you want to experience, the time you are arriving, when you want to break for meals or leaving the park, and then it runs an algorithm and gives you a detailed touring plan for that day.

I followed it to the letter for my trip back in 2008, and it worked flawlessly.

Rick balks at any regimental touring, so we followed it much more loosely, but I thought it was still helpful.

Our first attraction was

IMG_1414.jpg

Photos while waiting for our train

IMG_1416.jpg

IMG_1417.jpg

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1426.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

Here comes the train!

IMG_1434.jpg

Riding along

IMG_1438.jpg

IMG_1439.jpg

Most of the scenery is the same as the Storybook Canal Boats

IMG_1440.jpg

IMG_1441.jpg

IMG_1442.jpg

IMG_1444.jpg

IMG_1446.jpg

IMG_1448.jpg

IMG_1449.jpg

Good view of the Matterhorn

IMG_1453.jpg

IMG_1457.jpg

Now we're wandering again

IMG_1466.jpg

Next up is Nemo's Submarine ride, and we're close to photo limit, so I'll continue in the next post

We boarded the subs with a short line.

I actually can see why Disneyland started the revised accessibility rules. Most of the older attractions at Disneyland have zero accessibility in the lines. For the most part, we merely parked the ECV near the exit, then walked in the exit and showed the ECV key. If the lines were a certain length, on occasion they would scan our ticket and we had to come back at a certain time. But that was rare.

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1469.jpg

IMG_1471.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1478.jpg

This was a unique view

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1486.jpg

The subs were fun in a cheesy sort of way

Now, we're wandering again

IMG_1487.jpg

It looks like we're back in ToonTown again

IMG_1491.jpg

Rick is always car shopping

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1501.jpg

Here we're waiting for Mickey and the Magical Map......... (for the second time).

RideMax told us to show up at xx time for the next show. We walked up and "something" was happening on stage and they let us in and seated us. I though it was a pre-show or something, so I went after a snack and settled in for the show to start.

Then the stuff that was going on ended, and they cleared the theater??!!  What I found out was that WAS the show and they had let us in part way through. They made us exit and we waited again to be admitted for the next show.

To say the least, I was a little hot, and Rick was pe'od at me cause I was in a "mood", so we had a few unhappy moments there.

IMG_1503.jpg

IMG_1506.jpg

Now, we are seated for the next show

IMG_1515.jpg

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1520.jpg

IMG_1521.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1526.jpg

IMG_1528.jpg

IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

IMG_1539.jpg

IMG_1550.jpg

The show was actually quite good, and well worth waiting twice. But I honestly wished they hadn't let us in the first time.