Disney new policy on canceling reservations?

Has anyone heard about Disney changing their policy on canceling days on a reservation? A friend of mine had to book 3 weeks in October to get the 4 days he wanted. When he called back to cancel the CM said that soon Disney will only allow you to cancel your entire stays not certain days. The CM said that Disney is starting to see this more and more at Ft Wilderness which is why they are looking to change the reservation system. I can't see them changing cancelation policy just for the fort

Has anyone heard about Disney changing their policy on canceling days on a reservation? A friend of mine had to book 3 weeks in October to get the 4 days he wanted. When he called back to cancel the CM said that soon Disney will only allow you to cancel your entire stays not certain days. The CM said that Disney is starting to see this more and more at Ft Wilderness which is why they are looking to change the reservation system. I can't see them changing cancelation policy just for the fort

There is a very long thread on this. Let me find the link for it. 

Thanks Jason. I should have looks harder before I posted this

Quick recap

Policy changed 4/1 per another camping FB page.

If there aren't openings for the reduced days you want when you try to lower the amount you have, they cannot/will not change the reservation.  Agent and Supervisor told me that. Even though you have the days you want in your current res. they do not count that as an opening.

Few days later the other site posted about calling in and being told the agent was sending the request to customer service? and you would get an answer in 24 hours.

I tried calling again, and that did happen, and within about 5 hours MDE showed my modified stay.

I had emailed customer service after the original call  and never heard back from them.

But they were slow, and I heard back after my reservation was modified.  So when she asked if there was anything else she could do, I got our September reservation reduced from 5 days (we had started at 14) down to 3.

Also, it looks like they are trying to get you to book a minimum of 5 days.  I was able to modify our 14 days down to 5 on line, then the agent did the magic down to 3.

For the real story with all good stuff, head over to the link Jason provided

I didn't hear about the 5 day minimum. Now that would get me mad

Yeah, a TA on that other FB site mentioned it.

Then a couple of the TA's started getting snippy with each other and the admin pulled the entire thread.

When I tried to mod my 14 day September stay it wouldn't give me 3 days, but as soon as I opened it to 5 it went right in.

Could've been a coincidence or a conspiracy!  :P

And it's not necessarily locals vs. out of towners as much as it is Disney hiding weekends until you take a week or two then like magic they are available.

People aren't dumb, and they learned to play the game according to Disney's rules or lack of.

Yeah, a TA on that other FB site mentioned it.

Then a couple of the TA's started getting snippy with each other and the admin pulled the entire thread.

When I tried to mod my 14 day September stay it wouldn't give me 3 days, but as soon as I opened it to 5 it went right in.

Could've been a coincidence or a conspiracy!  :P

And it's not necessarily locals vs. out of towners as much as it is Disney hiding weekends until you take a week or two then like magic they are available.

People aren't dumb, and they learned to play the game according to Disney's rules or lack of.

I bet I could guess which page! LOL

What could be the logic for that? There has to be a good reason

Their logic is very transparent.  They don't want someone booking a couple of nights around the 4th of July, and then not being able to sell that site to a camper who is looking to book a three week trip over those dates.  So, they set up their site to not allow just the weekend to be booked this far out.  As the date gets closer, if they haven't sold all the nights, they'll probably allow the shorter stays.

Their resort.  Their rules.

TCD

Their logic is very transparent.  They don't want someone booking a couple of nights around the 4th of July, and then not being able to sell that site to a camper who is looking to book a three week trip over those dates.  So, they set up their site to not allow just the weekend to be booked this far out.  As the date gets closer, if they haven't sold all the nights, they'll probably allow the shorter stays.

Their resort.  Their rules.

TCD

I think you are giving the booking office/program FAR more credit then they/it deserves.

I think it's a situation that works in blocks- let's say they have 20 3 days, 20 4 days, 20 5 days etc. I wonder if they just have so many to sell of each duration, then by a certain date they convert to general vacancy. This would be a fair way to do it, but some people circumvented the process by dropping days to take the openings. It could be those guests that caused this roll out. All I know is I have not had any problem booking 4 trips there if varying lengths and dates over the last few years. I'll keep an eye on this thread, but in the meantime, can someone volunteer to work in the booking department?

Not at all.  They've been blocking out weekends for years.  All that's happened now is that they've closed a well known loophole.

TCD

Hit the nail on the head there.  The only real change they made was closing the loophole which allowed you to shorten your stay after you booked your stay.

Maybe.  It seems that guests have been able to call and override the new rule, so who knows?

TCD

As usual with Disney's bass-ackwards approach of doing things, it has caused a lot of grief, frustrations and wasted time to the guests. 

Also way more work for the reservation agents, supervisors, and customer service agents that are higher up the food chain that have to reply to aggravated guests.

Wonder if they really accomplished anything?

Has anyone noticed any new fine print stating what you book is what you get, and don't you dare try to shorten your stay?

Modified today with no problems. She did put me no hold to "see if anything was available". We are hoping to travel to WDW at the end of September so I was hopeful that all would work out. She was very nice but never mentioned anything about not being able to change/modify etc. The new reservation e-mail also did not contain any disclaimer.

How will this affect the one who book a partial site for a night just to get extra hours and a place to park? How about the freeloader who come in the fort for the day and claim the pavilions around the pool? 

How will this affect the one who book a partial site for a night just to get extra hours and a place to park? How about the freeloader who come in the fort for the day and claim the pavilions around the pool? 

Or all the people staying off-site who book one night in a partial just so they can book their FP+ 60 days out? :(