Meeting Fiends is like a box of chocolates.

And does anyone remember when Maris and Mantle were battling in 1961, there were also Cash and Colavito knocking 'em out?

Maris, Mantle, Cash, Colavito, and growing up 30 minutes outside of Boston, Ted Williams. Unfortunately I remember them all. I guess I should be glad that I do remember them.

We had a great morning at Ty's game today, although a 9 am game gets me up at 7am. Ty got the game ball and went 3 for 4 after a strike out in the first inning he got the ball in play. Kids at that age call just getting the ball in play a hit, but ya gotta love em. He got the game winning hit driving in 2 runs in a 10-8 win after trailing 4-0 in the first. He made a good catch when it was needed most (not so good on the pop ups) and threw one out from third to first (although first baseman dropped it) he had him by a step and was right there.

If ya think I am boasting, your right, I was proud as a fort peacock today and I hope I can be throughout the season.  :banana:

only problem with the whole thing is the team name......Red Sox

I am back home in my chair with Lola in her rightful place in my lap and can't wait to catch up on all that I missed. I piddled around on my droid, but it's just not my laptop!

I so enjoyed our trip to the Fort, even with the weather. It was awesome meeting Lou and BuckeyeFortfan. We enjoyed the conversation and hope to meet again! We looped quite a bit taking site pics and looking for FF signs.

HPIM18411-1.jpg

I am so ready for a Fort trip, but it will have to wait until July 4th.  Thats ok because this trip our youngest granddaughter will be joining us for her first visit to WDW.  She just turned 2 and LOVES Mickey Mouse.  I can't wait to see her face when she sees Mickey in person for the first time.  Here she is.

Well Jen,  Today's game was better than last night's.

And does anyone remember when Maris and Mantle were battling in 1961, there were also Cash and Colavito knocking 'em out?

To be honest, I used to watch baseball religiously in the 1970's as a kid.  That is when (IMHO and the fact that I was still a naive kid) baseball was still king and it actually was fun to watch.  They are paid too much money these days and they stand around and do a bunch of nuttin much.  I don't like watching pro football either. 

Now, gimme some college baseball and wooooweee!  I have some serious eye-candy there.  Plus, they MOVE for the ball and are somewhat mobile.  I can get some serious butt-watching in and the more in-person that is, the better.  I don't even care who is playing!  (well, kind of...but if it is the college world series, then pretty much no)  However, I digress... :)