Meeting Fiends is like a box of chocolates.

Forest Gump said, well kinda. Meeting Fiends for the first time is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Met three more yesterday.

PureTCrazy (Rita), Runner (Ed), and Itch. Couldn't find the two others. And of course they're all nice people and made me feel welcome. Had a nice chat for about an hour with Ed & Rita. Met mom, and their son too. The icing on the cake was little Lola. They've had a mixed week weather-wise and it ends tomorrow, but they'll be back.

After just entering the Fort, who's in front of me all the way from Michigan, Itch. So I just followed them to their loop and introduced myself before they called security on me for stalking them. Caught up with him a little later and met the rest of the family. His little girl said "hi Lou" like she knew me, very cute. I think once they get their site issues resolved, they're going to have a great stay.

I have a question 4 u, y is the yankee avitar upside down, I know I must be setting myself up for some snarky answer?

Very observant. I'm trying to come up with a snarky come back. Let's see, they suck. Almost as much as the Rays. Rays, what kind of a name is that? Isn't that a pizza joint in NY, Ray's Pizza?

Ya, I know, Deb's a Rays fan. What does she know, she's from that great baseball town of Buffalo.

It's so great to meet you, wished we could have sat down and talked

But after driving 24 hours and dealing with the wrong cancelled

site we thought the twins deserved a swim! Besides no better

way to relax and take a bath at the same time (see previous comment about driving 24hrs)

Please please please come back by the site so we can relax and

show ya some hospitality !

Itch

I have a question 4 u, y is the yankee avitar upside down, I know I must be setting myself up for some snarky answer?

Very observant. I'm trying to come up with a snarky come back. Let's see, they suck. Almost as much as the Rays. Rays, what kind of a name is that? Isn't that a pizza joint in NY, Ray's Pizza?

Ya, I know, Deb's a Rays fan. What does she know, she's from that great baseball town of Buffalo.

you are saying this to a New York Yankee, who lives in Tampa?>:D  :))

It was VERY nice to meet you, too, Lou.  (say that fast three times  :)) ).  He straightened out a few mis-conceptions I had about driving a bus for Disney - and ALMOST made me want to Drive a Magic Bus too ... almost.  We also had a quick meet with Bob (34787).  We also had a nice visit with BuckeyeFortFan.  We met his youngest and he got to meet Queen Lola.

196949_162924030431584_100001419647492_391767_6911677_n.jpg

Lola; PureTCrazy; Runner; BuckeyeFortFan; his Youngest

We tried to catch itch & family, but they had already hit the pool.

I hear ya completely.  I'm also from the great baseball town of Buffalo.  In fact, I'm such a great baseball fan that I even went to a game once.  Had some pretty good nachos.  And a couple beers.  Then I got bored and left.  :))  Guess I'm more of a football fan.  >:D  I'm a big Buffalo Bills fan.  Had season tickets for a bunch of years before I moved away.  And I am so proud of my team.  How proud?  I love to show off my Buffalo Bills hitch cover. 

2011-03-31%2020.24.13.jpg

Hey!  Who covered it up with that bird??

you are saying this to a New York Yankee, who lives in Tampa?

Really, I never would have guessed that you are from NY. You don't sound anything like a New Yorker.

Of course you know why we hate the Yankees. They keep winning.

Actually I had great respect for George Steinbrenner. We lived in the Tampa/St Pete area for years and knew what he did for the area. Also one of my favorite players is Jeter. Always handles him self like a professional on and off the field. But I still hate them, not as much as the Rays though.

Forest Gump said, well kinda. Meeting Fiends for the first time is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Met three more yesterday.

PureTCrazy (Rita), Runner (Ed), and Itch. Couldn't find the two others. And of course they're all nice people and made me feel welcome. Had a nice chat for about an hour with Ed & Rita. Met mom, and their son too. The icing on the cake was little Lola. They've had a mixed week weather-wise and it ends tomorrow, but they'll be back.

After just entering the Fort, who's in front of me all the way from Michigan, Itch. So I just followed them to their loop and introduced myself before they called security on me for stalking them. Caught up with him a little later and met the rest of the family. His little girl said "hi Lou" like she knew me, very cute. I think once they get their site issues resolved, they're going to have a great stay.

Ummm doesn't Disney frown upon you driving the bus into the loops?  :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl3:

It was VERY nice to meet you, too, Lou.  (say that fast three times  :rofl2: ).  He straightened out a few mis-conceptions I had about driving a bus for Disney - and ALMOST made me want to Drive a Magic Bus too ... almost.  We also had a quick meet with Bob (34787).  We also had a nice visit with BuckeyeFortFan.  We met his youngest and he got to meet Queen Lola.

196949_162924030431584_100001419647492_391767_6911677_n.jpg

Lola; PureTCrazy; Runner; BuckeyeFortFan; his Youngest

We tried to catch itch & family, but they had already hit the pool.

Funny story about meeting buckeye. Mom was holding baby buckeye when I got there. As I got ready to leave, here was our conversation:

Me: "Aw, he's crashed out"

buckeyefortfan to wife: "Is he sleeping?"

wife to me: "I have been trying to get him to nap all afternoon!"

buckeyefortfan to me: "See, all he needed was to listen to you talk!"  :rofl2:

Snarky buckeyefortfan! :rofl3:

Glad you all got to meet!

Hey!! Don't be a Ray's Hater!!!  They should have left the name "Devil Rays" - but what do I know??  Buffalo does have a minor league team - the Bisons - a Mets affiliate.  When I lived in Buffalo the Bisons drew absolutely no attention and kind of faded away in 1973 (hmmmm....the same year I moved to Florida. Coincidence? I think not.)

Actually, I HATED baseball until about 7 years ago when I started my current job at the church.  My Pastor, bless his heart, is a dyed in the wool CWS fan.  Every day during baseball season I had to hear a review of the previous days' games. Well, in order to be an informed listener, I started watching baseball - and in particular, the Rays games. Once I figured out there was an actual strategy to baseball - more than players trying to hit a ball whipped at them at 87MPH or better, I found I enjoyed the game!  I'm also partial to the Boston Red Sox because my father was such an avid fan of theirs.

Now, football is a different story.  There are three things, well maybe four, that people from Buffalo share a love for....Buffalo Wings, Weber's Mustard, Ted's Charcoal Hots, and DA BILLS!!!  The year prior to moving to Florida I saved and saved to be able to buy season tickets for the 1973 season.  They were crappy seats, but, by golly - I HAD SEASON TICKETS!!!  This was also the year DA BILLS moved into their new stadium.  I got to see ONE pre-season game and then my parents kidnapped me and moved me to Florida!  I was crushed!!  All Florida had to offer were the Miami Dolphins - which as we all know are the arch rivals of DA BILLS!!  I was not happy. Not happy at all!!

In 1975 it was announced that Tampa would have a new football franchise.  OH BOY!! I was excited - until - I saw the uniforms and their logo!!!  The team colors reminded me of a Dreamsicle, and the "swashbuckler" looked rather "swishy".  Not a good beginning - and this die-hard fan of DA BILLS could not be persuaded to be a Buc's fan.  I'm still not real big on the Bucs and despise what they did to Tony Dungy.  Not only that, the now current owners of the Buc's held the City of Tampa hostage in 1996 until the tax-payers were forced into approving a "Community Investment Tax" that would invest $$$ into improving emergency services in the City of Tampa and build a new stadium for the Bucs.  Prior to the idea of taxing the citizens in order to get a new stadium, the Glazer Brothers (team owners) tried every trick in the book to get the fan base to help pay for a new stadium (the old Sombrero was only 20 years old and had been remodeled twice for 2 Super Bowls and was very serviceable - except it didn't have enough sky-boxes to suit the Glazer's) -  but the citizens of Tampa Bay and surrounding areas could have cared less if the Bucs got a new stadium, or not. Not even when the Glazer's threatened to move the franchise to another city - the citizens opinion was "don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!" So enter the politicians (A.K.A. - the Good Ol Boys of the Florida Supreme Court) and they say that the Community Investment Tax is "legal" and proceed with putting it on the ballot. Well, if the citizens of Tampa voted this tax down, they would screw themselves out of much needed improvements to emergency services - Police, Fire, and EMT's.  In the end, Raymond James and Assoc. invested $35M in the new stadium (which cost $168.5M to build) which gives them 13 years of name advertising by having the stadium named in their honor,  and the citizens of Tampa get to pay at $0.05 cent sales tax until 2027.  Sound fair to me!!  That dirty trick agreed upon by the Glazer Bros & the Tampa Sports Authority turned me against the Bucs, entirely!!

Now, back to the Rays....

IMHO, even though there was a contract between the Rays and the City of St. Pete until 2027 (does the date sound familiar?), the Rays should be allowed to break this agreement (and/or buying out the remaining years of the contract) and build a baseball stadium (that doesn't require special rules due to rafters interfering with fly balls) that is in an area easily accessible to ALL fans, and that offers decent parking.  The Trop is in a seedy location, does not have adequate streets to handle the game day traffic, and parking is horrendous - at best.  I wish the St. Pete City Gov't would get their heads out of their behinds and recognize the fact that they are hurting the Rays and themselves.  I have tickets to only one home game (against Boston) and am reluctant to go to that game because of the "adventure" I will encounter just getting to the Trop, parking, and then trying to get back home.  I know a LOT of people that would go to Rays games if the stadium were in a more convenient location.

I'm thankful that the Detroit Tigers have a minor league team (The Flying Tigers) that plays in the stadium located next door to my church, and will gladly enjoy those games this summer.  I also enjoy the Tigers spring training games when I can work them into my work schedule.

Okay - tirade over!!  What was this thread originally about?:rofl2:

Deb, I agree about the Bucs. I am not a football fan (hell I don't even know anything about the game). But Rich had season tickets years ago and I told him to spend his money wisley and go to a head dr insead!!! He gave them up right before they had their winning season. But I am not a fan of the Glazers, even thou they are customers of the company I work for. (most big wigs in this town are our customers).

And you are right about the Rays if they had a staduim in a better area they would have more support. Rich says it should be at the fairgrounds where I 4 & 75 are near, they would get fans from all over. They hate going to St. Pete, and only have gone a few times, but somehow if they move it, it will cost us tax payers more money.

I am still a Yankee fan thou, can't help it, I still  :rofl2: NY.

since we are talking baseball (my first love)

my fav Yankee memory is I saw Reggie Jackson hit two home runs in Yankee Stadium in an A's uniform I cheered loder than anyone in the place !!!

itch

Okay itch why didn't I know you lived in Michigan. Where about?

back on topic, meeting fiends in person is more fun than a box of chocolates. I even got a hug from Lou :rofl2:

You know, maybe if y'all would watch softball (fast pitch), you would have all this hate and bordem!

You know, maybe if y'all would watch softball (fast pitch), you would have all this hate and bordem!

Well said Jen!!  So much better to watch.  College games should be on now.

I'll be right back. I have to go poke my eyes out so I don't accidentally catch a glimpse of a Soft Ball game as I flick to the real baseball games. That goes for soccer too, and I'm a native European.

I'll be right back. I have to go poke my eyes out so I don't accidentally catch a glimpse of a Soft Ball game as I flick to the real baseball games. That goes for soccer too, and I'm a native European.

Party pooper !!  Love me some softball.  All 3 girls are playing again this year.  Just got back in after an afternoon of batting practice with just the family (well the boys slept in the backseat of the van).  Mom had a go at it too and I am still the home run queen as my DD stated!!