We have an adorable little six year old girl in our community who has been granted an emergency "make a wish" trip due to her terminal heart condition. The family just found out and they are going next week. What is included in these types of trips and what about fast passes? At this late date will they be given special fast passes? I want this to be the most magical time for her and her family. Appreciate any insight into this type of trip.

My friend's son had his Make A Wish trip to Disney World. Like Carol said it is its own FP. In fact my friend was gently scolded for having her son stand in line to meet a character.

The family will most likely be staying at Give Kids the World which is a wonderful place. They treat not only the Wish child, but also the families with the upmost respect and care. The same friend went to clear her dishes from the table after a meal and before she could a volunteer was there to take care of it for her.

I truly appreciate all this information. Her teacher had given the family her tickets to Disney World and the community has been raising money, but it will be wonderful that her teacher and her daughter, who is LuLu's best friend , will now be able to take the trip with them. Now that I have more information, I will call the mom tomorrow , get their exact timeline, and see if we can give them either a special dinner or send all the girls to Bippity Bop Boutique.

I agree with DIT.  I pray everything goes smoothly and the family can make some special memories.  Some friends of ours got to go a year or so ago with Give Kids the World.  Their son has a heart condition that really rules their lives.  At this point it isn't considered terminal, but there is only so much the doctors can do and they certainly give him all they can not knowing what the future holds.  His mom was so touched by how much was done on the trip for their other son. The whole family was made to feel special, too.  Please give them our best wishes and let them know they are being lifted in prayer. 

Thank you for sharing the link. Give Kids the World Village is amazing. I had to go further and look up You Tube videos....so I've been crying all afternoon at what an awesome foundation this is for children. After looking at all of these things, I know LuLu and her family are going to be well taken care of. Thank you again.

While talking to my super secret WDW source he based on a little info I wanted to share.

"Not all "Make a Wish" families stay at GKTW. "Make a Wish" is just one of the dozens of Wish Granting Organizations.

Make a Wish has many other resorts where Wish families can stay.

What do they get? It depends on the grant from the Wish Granting Organization and whether or not they're staying at GKTW.

GKTW has very limited medical facilities."

Lulu has received her Make A Wish box and they are leaving for Disneyworld on Thursday. She was granted her special wish of meeting Elsa. I haven't found out where they are staying, but no matter where it is, I know they will have a magical time and have one special memory to treasure forever. Thank you again for all the information and especially for all the prayers.

Lulu has received her Make A Wish box and they are leaving for Disneyworld on Thursday. She was granted her special wish of meeting Elsa. I haven't found out where they are staying, but no matter where it is, I know they will have a magical time and have one special memory to treasure forever. Thank you again for all the information and especially for all the prayers.

YAY!

Update on Lulu....

Lulu's family opted to drive to Disneyworld ( a very long drive from here) and were involved in a multi vehicle accident around 4:00 am yesterday morning ( I think probably in Louisiana). Luckily, they walked away without a scratch but others were not so lucky. It took quite awhile to get another rental car, but it arrived and they got back on the road several hours later. They have just arrived, and I'm so excited because they are getting to stay at Give Kids the World Village.