Cruising on the Fantasy with the WBI Family

Time for an update.

We have just boarded the ship after a little Falmouth exploring and we had a little time before the Cabana's lunch buffet close so we rush up there.

We decided to sit outside for a change on the back of the ship:

June3%2039.jpg

Our view:

June3%2040.jpg

While eating I was looking around Falmouth and I wasn't too impressed:

June3%2041.jpg

Do you see those shanti houses over there with blue tarp roofs, things don't see too good in Jamaica.

June3%2042.jpg

June3%2043.jpg

Then we heard a siren, you can see the fire truck in this shot:

June3%2044.jpg

There goes the fire truck, we didn't see any smoke so not sure what was going on:

June3%2045.jpg

June3%2046.jpg

After lunch it was time to head back to the room to get ready for Pirate night.

Leaving Cabana's I got a picture of Nigel:

June3%2047.jpg

And we passed W's favorite door again so he had to stop:

June3%2048.jpg

In our planning for this cruise, CP decided that we all had to dress up for pirate night.  I wanted to go with the bare minimum and wasn't into it at all, but I didn't have much choice so we did some shopping precruise and got some costumes.  Luckily she didn't make me dress up too much.

June3%2050.jpg

June3%2051.jpg

June3%2052.jpg

Here's a balcony picture fail, I cutoff my head:

June3%2053.jpg

June3%2054.jpg

June3%2055.jpg

June3%20186.jpg

This is W and I being sad because we had to dress up, W wasn't a fan of his costume at first.

June3%20184.jpg

Then we headed down to the atrium to see what characters were there.

They had Capt Hook & Mr Smee and Mickey and Goofy, but they all had really long lines so we hopped in the shorter Tink line:

June3%2056.jpg

June3%2057.jpg

Of course W had to watch Mickey for a while:

June3%2058.jpg

June3%2059.jpg

June3%2060.jpg

June3%2061.jpg

Captain Hook

June3%2062.jpg

June3%2064.jpg

W climbing the stairs:

June3%2065.jpg

We passed Captain Hook and Mr. Smee:

June3%2068.jpg

Then we went in the D lounge were pirate W did some dancing:

June3%2067.jpg

Up next we go to pirate dinner in the Enchanted Garden.

WBI

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Stop it with the pirate costumes. Just stop. Tell CP she looks awesome. You guys did good. Where did you get these? Where did Ws come from? I see a Disney cruise in our near future and I'm gonna nee

Yup we did it!   After wanting to for years we finally went on our first Disney Cruise.   I know there are a ton of good trip reports I need to get caught up on but I wanted to get this one started wh

I agree!   I'll bet WBI bought all of the costumes, and I'll further bet that he had pirate makeup on like Captain Jack, but he's just not showing us the photos.   TCD

Thanks TCD! I haven't bought them in ages. The last time I slogged them all over the place on a cruise too. At one time I tried to buy them online direct from the manufacturer, but that was way too pricey. Not sure why I never thought to look on Amazon - EVERYTHING is on Amazon. :)

Yes Thank You TCD! I now know what we will be sending to the extended family for Christmas this year. Have I said how much I love Amazon Prime. To think we wouldn't have it if DS hadn't forgot to tell us he need a book for English class back when he was in high school. All the local stores were out of it when he remembered.

Stop it with the pirate costumes. Just stop. Tell CP she looks awesome. You guys did good. Where did you get these? Where did Ws come from? I see a Disney cruise in our near future and I'm gonna need to know. (You can drop the whole "CP made me do it" charade. We are all on to you)

Stop it with the pirate costumes. Just stop. Tell CP she looks awesome. You guys did good. Where did you get these? Where did Ws come from? I see a Disney cruise in our near future and I'm gonna need to know. (You can drop the whole "CP made me do it" charade. We are all on to you)

I agree!

I'll bet WBI bought all of the costumes, and I'll further bet that he had pirate makeup on like Captain Jack, but he's just not showing us the photos.

TCD

I brought hope a couple of those rum cakes too, but I bought mine on the ship because they were cheaper there than in the port stores.  There was no Amazon.com at that time ...

Those rum cakes are good and all this talk has me wanting to get on Amazon for one.

Looking forward to your pics of Pirate Night!

They are coming up.

Yes Thank You TCD! I now know what we will be sending to the extended family for Christmas this year. Have I said how much I love Amazon Prime. To think we wouldn't have it if DS hadn't forgot to tell us he need a book for English class back when he was in high school. All the local stores were out of it when he remembered.

Amazon Prime is the best!

The Aqua Duck looks like a lot of fun. 

Nice costumes!  Looking forward to reading about Pirate night. :)

It's pretty fun.

Thanks, the pirate night festivities are coming up.

I'll agree CP looked great, and I'll let her know!

We bought my shirt, eye patch, and CP's costume set at Party City, but we had to order W's off of Amazon to get the right size. 

Here's W's http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007ABX8GA?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

You should do the Disney cruise, its pricey but you have to try it!

Oh and that was no charade just ask CP I complained and she gave me a hard time about it.

Oh gosh... those costumes are too cute!  How fun!    

That was a good Tinkerbell!  

Great pics!

Thanks!

That was a good Tinkerbell, honestly probably the best I've seen!  She was Tink for the entire cruise and we saw her out of costume helping other characters too.

I agree!

I'll bet WBI bought all of the costumes, and I'll further bet that he had pirate makeup on like Captain Jack, but he's just not showing us the photos.

TCD

Ya'll are so funny, but nope this was all CP's doing.

And negative on the pirate makeup, although there were some pirates that were over the top with the costumes.

WBI

Time for dinner.

Tonight we are back in Enchanted Garden, but they are serving the Pirate Menu, that means we'll be back in Enchanted Garden tomorrow night too. 

W once again started with his potato chips, then the kids app tonight was fruit so he ate that also:

June3%2069.jpg

Since we bought a 3-bottle wine package for a 7 night cruise, we decided not to open our last bottle tonight, instead we both ordered a specialty pirate cocktail.  I don't remember what they were though:

June3%2070.jpg

You can also see the bread in this pictures, they had cornbread (johnny cakes) and type of French bread roll.  They were both really good but I couldn't stop eating the corn bread.

My drink:
June3%2071.jpg
Whoa that's blurry, sorry.

We both got our escargot again tonight:

June3%2073.jpg

W got the watermelon soup.  We had read that kids love it and the servers usually bring a straw for them to drink it, our server didn't but we tried a straw and W drank a little but he preferred to play in it.
June3%2075.jpg

We also got the pot stickers:
June3%2072.jpg
Whoa that's blurry too, sorry.

I don't remember what other app CP got.

W's dinner was a chicken skewer, he ate some of it but it was more fun to play with.
June3%2076.jpg

June3%2077.jpg

I don't have any entrée pictures but here's my desert, I think it was chocolate lava type cake?

June3%2078.jpg

And CP's desert:
June3%2079.jpg

After dinner, W enjoyed some dancing in the atrium:

June3%2080.jpg

Then we went up to deck 11 to see the first part of the pirate party with Mickey and the fab 5.

When we got outside we found lots and lots of wind.  The weather hadn't been bad but it stayed cloudy all day and now the wind had picked up.
June3%2081.jpg

We actually got there early enough that it wasn't too crowded and W could run around but when the show started we worked our way towards the stage so he could see.

June3%2082.jpg

Goofy sliding down the stairs:
June3%2083.jpg

June3%20196.jpg

June3%2084.jpg

June3%20198.jpg

June3%20199.jpg

June3%2085.jpg

June3%2086.jpg

June3%2087.jpg

There was some dancing and they taught us how to be a pirate by doing various things.

June3%2088.jpg

June3%20200.jpg

June3%20201.jpg

June3%2094.jpg

June3%2095.jpg

June3%2096.jpg

June3%2097.jpg

Then this pirate propelled down from the smoke stack and Captain Hook and his gang took over the ship.

June3%2089.jpg

June3%2091.jpg

There was a pirate contest and Mickey and the audience won and we took the ship back over and kicked Captain Hook out.

Then the show ended and we had some time before the second part of the pirate show so we headed to our cabin real quick.

WBI

Continuing on.

When the first pirate show ended we went down to our room and found our towel creation:

June3%20188.jpg

June3%20189.jpg

Then we went back to the atrium so W could dance and watch characters some more:

June3%2092.jpg

Pretty soon we headed back up to Deck 11 to find a spot to watch the show and fire works.

We found a crowded deck 11

June3%20190.jpg

June3%20191.jpg

June3%20192.jpg

So we went up to Deck 12 and it was super windy up there. I was worried they would cancel the fire works.

We had a real hard time finding a spot to see the show and W was getting tired.

Lesson learned get to Deck 12 super early and stake out a spot.

The moon came out though:

June3%2098.jpg

The view from our spot as we waited for the show to start.

June3%20100.jpg

W was getting tired at this point so I was busy trying to keep him awake, remember that was on the LOF.

June3%20101.jpg

June3%20102.jpg

The show got started and it had Captain Jack Sparrow propel down the smoke stack and they fight over this powerful glove thing.

June3%20104.jpg

We could see the big screen better than the stage so we watched that.

June3%20105.jpg

Eventually Jack starts the fireworks.

Here's my one and only firework shot:

June3%20106.jpg

As you can tell we ended up being on the wrong side of the ship, so we had to move around for a good view under the aqua duck, plus with the wind the fireworks blew away real quick.

It was still pretty awesome to see.

W didn't make it he passed out in my arms in the middle of the loud show standing in a crowd.

After the fireworks we headed to the forward elevators and to our room.  I put W in bed and then I ran to the buffet.  I was on a mission to get a turkey leg!

Sorry I don't have any pictures because it was a mad house, but on Pirate night they do a late night buffet with Mexican food and turkey legs and who knows what else.  I wasn't hungry at all but since we had turkey leg on the LOF I had to go, and while there the Mexican food looked great so I loaded up a plate grabbed some cups of water and went back to the room.

I'm pretty sure there was more food involved, either the late night snacks or room service treats but I can't remember the details, either way I ate until I couldn't eat anymore.

That's it for pirate night, up next we really do have a sea day.

WBI

Oh, and is there some sort of invisible fence there on your balcony? Every time I see a pic of W by the railing my heart stops. I know you guys have got him, but man, that freaks me out.

Yes there is a glass wall so no worries.

Well actually I did worry because he liked to slide the furniture around so we had to make sure he didn't try to climb up on the furniture out there, luckily he never did.

WBI

Hope the wind didn't interfere with the fireworks!

It didn't cancel them just blew them around!

When we got back to the room I turned the tv to the channel that shows your route and sure enough there was some funny stuff going on .  They had zig zagged the ship to try and get it just right for the fireworks.

WBI

At the Pirate Night buffet on our Disney Dream cruise they were making crepes with all kinds of things to roll up in them.  I ate 6 or 7 of them.   :wacko:

Yes there is a glass wall so no worries.

Well actually I did worry because he liked to slide the furniture around so we had to make sure he didn't try to climb up on the furniture out there, luckily he never did.

WBI

That's exactly why we haven't booked a veranda room on either of our cruises.  Anna is precisely the type of kid to do that.  Plus, she's old enough, quiet enough and strong enough to open a door and go out on the veranda in the 30 seconds we would be looking the other way.  The thought freaks me out.  

At the Pirate Night buffet on our Disney Dream cruise they were making crepes with all kinds of things to roll up in them.  I ate 6 or 7 of them.   :wacko:

That's exactly why we haven't booked a veranda room on either of our cruises.  Anna is precisely the type of kid to do that.  Plus, she's old enough, quiet enough and strong enough to open a door and go out on the veranda in the 30 seconds we would be looking the other way.  The thought freaks me out.  

I forgot to mention the crepes!  I re-read your trip report before our cruise and was on the look out for them but the line was so long and it was a mad house so I didn't get to try them, but they looked good!

Yeah that would freak me out too, luckily W wasn't quite big enough but it got us to thinking about what to book on the next cruise.

WBI

Anyone ready for an update?

Today is Thursday, June 4th, our last sea day.  We had no plans but there were some things we wanted to do.

The sad part was we didn't order room service, we didn't set an alarm and the time changed so we woke up a lot later than we wanted to, but we quickly got ready and headed to the buffet:

DSC01354%201280x960.jpg

We had a quick breakfast and then I thought we went to the pool but looking at the times of my pictures that's no so.

I have to be honest, now that its been a few weeks since we've been on the ship and the fact that it was such a relaxing day I don't remember the details so I'm sure I'm leaving some things out:

It seems that after breakfast we went to toddler time and then bingo, this was only time we did bingo on this cruise and we lost.

DSC01355%201280x960.jpg

DSC01356%201280x960.jpg

After W had enough bingo he and I went looking around and I think CP went for a quick run.

At some point we noticed someone eating a mickey pretzel so we bolted to Luigi's pizza:

DSC01358%201280x960.jpg

I texted CP on the wave phone and she was able to come by to enjoy them with us.

DSC01359%201280x960.jpg

DSC01361%201280x960.jpg

DSC01360%201280x960.jpg

Then we parted ways and W and I went to the room to put on our swim suits, on the way we found the diaper dash going on in the atrium.

DSC01362%201280x960.jpg

There were only two racers and neither one of them moved while I was there, I eventually gave up.

I'm pretty sure CP caught up to me before we got changed so we all went up to Deck 11 to enjoy the splash areas.

At the Aqua Lab:

DSCN0356%201280x960.jpg

DSCN0357%201280x960.jpg

Luckily we were able to get chairs on deck 11 right in the middle of the pools to watch funnel vision:

DSCN0359%201280x960.jpg

Before too long W once again fell asleep while eating his new favorite:

DSCN0360%201280x960.jpg

Our view:

DSCN0362%201280x960.jpg

Here's some trivia before Bolt started:

DSCN0363%201280x960.jpg

DSCN0364%201280x960.jpg

DSCN0365%201280x960.jpg

DSCN0366%201280x960.jpg

DSCN0367%201280x960.jpg

DSCN0368%201280x960.jpg

DSCN0369%201280x960.jpg

DSCN0370%201280x960.jpg

DSCN0371%201280x960.jpg

Ok that's enough trivia pictures.

How about a sleeping boy:

DSCN0372%201280x960.jpg

Pool:

DSCN0373%201280x960.jpg

A big chunk of our day was spent relaxing, taking turns to go get a drink and food.

I'll break here, in the next post I take a walk to the adult only area to get a drink.

WBI

While W was sleeping I decided to go get a fruity drink from the adult area and check out their lounge and pool.

This is the adult only pool, you can see bar in the pool in the back.

The middle portion is a deeper plunge pool type thing and it was hopping.  I was surprised to find lots of people having a good time.  They even had a beach ball and were bouncing it back and forth.

DSCN0376201280x960.jpg

There were adults of all ages too, it looked like lots of fun.

Above the adult pool is this stage and puddle pool where I'm pretty sure kids are allowed.

The guitar player was the same one we saw in O'gills pub.

DSCN0377%201280x960.jpg

Then I walked forward through the adult lounge area on deck 12.  It was super nice and quiet.

Looking down to the teen club:

DSCN0378%201280x960.jpg

DSCN0379%201280x960.jpg

Open water:

DSCN0380%201280x960.jpg

DSCN0381%201280x960.jpg

Looking down over the rail:

DSCN0382%201280x960.jpg

DSCN0383%201280x960.jpg

By the way I never saw Satellite Falls flowing.  A bartender told us that when the wind is blowing it blows all the water around so most of the time its shut off.

Anyway I got my pinacolava in the adult pool bar then headed back to CP and W. 

CP opted to try a beer:

DSCN0385%201280x960.jpg

She said it was good.

We ate and relaxed until W woke up and continued to eat his chips.

5967cfe0-3daa-4aa7-b7c2-d028e8c57b5e.jpg

Overall it was a very good relaxing day with some good drinks and food.

Eventually though it was time to go to the room and get ready for dinner, tonight was semi-formal night.

WBI

Let's keep this going.

We got dressed for dinner and went to the atrium for some pictures.

DSC01370%201280x960.jpg

DSC01372%201280x960.jpg

DSC01374%201280x960.jpg

W loved these stairs:

DSC01363%201280x960.jpg

DSC01364%201280x960.jpg

We were once again in Enchanted Garden on deck 2, it ended up being our least favorite for some reason.

DSCN0388%201280x960.jpg

DSCN0389%201280x960.jpg

Here's some more pictures of the lights before they open.

DSC01365%201280x960.jpg

W eating more chips:

DSCN0390%201280x960.jpg

At some point the celling changed colors:

DSC01366%201280x960.jpg

DSC01367%201280x960.jpg

DSC01368%201280x960.jpg

We once again got our escargot:

DSCN0392%201280x960.jpg

I can't remember what this was but it was CP's app and it was pretty good

DSCN0394%201280x960.jpg

She also tried the oysters Rockefeller:

DSCN0395%201280x960.jpg

W had the cheeseburger:

DSCN0391%201280x960.jpg

I went with a prosciutto:

DSCN0396%201280x960.jpg

I also had a tortellini soup, it was interesting:

DSCN0397%201280x960.jpg

I had the Sea Bass but forgot to take a pictures, whoops:

DSCN0398%201280x960.jpg

CP forgot too.

DSCN0399%201280x960.jpg

We remembered on desert though:

DSCN0400%201280x960.jpg

This a bananas foster type sundae.

DSCN0401%201280x960.jpg

I had a banana cream brulee

DSCN0402%201280x960.jpg

And W's apples:

DSCN0403%201280x960.jpg

Up next we have one last adult night and some play time with W.

WBI

Two things:

Enchanted Garden was our least favorite restaurant too.  

And did you post the answer to the Saved By The Bell question??

Really, I'm glad we weren't the only ones.

I guess I didn't but I knew the answer to that one.

Good Morning Miss Bliss.  It was originally going to follow the teacher Miss Bliss.

WBI

Ok I need to finish up Thursday so tomorrow I can start on our Castaway Cay day.

After dinner we went up to the atrium, and W enjoyed some dancing, except this time he danced with some girls!

DSC01375%201280x960.jpg

DSC01377%201280x960.jpg

DSC01378%201280x960.jpg

While standing there, some friends of princesses and photographers that we had gotten to know came out and talked to us.  They started setting up for something and she whispered to me to stay close there would be a surprise princess ceremony.

So we hung around and watched as some young girls were asked to participate in a princess ceremony with Cinderella.

DSC01381%201280x960.jpg

DSC01382%201280x960.jpg

DSC01383%201280x960.jpg

DSC01384%201280x960.jpg

Once that was over we did some exploring and look who we bumped into:

DSC01386%201280x960.jpg

He was kind enough to say hi to W on his way to steer the ship.

DSC01385%201280x960.jpg

At some point we tried to go to our room, but because we were earlier than normal our room attendant was still there so we walked down the hall and found this door:

DSC01388%201280x960.jpg

We also let W climb the stairs, he loves that.

DSC01389%201280x960.jpg

DSC01390%201280x960.jpg

DSC01392%201280x960.jpg

Then we got in our room and found this guy:

DSC01393%201280x960.jpg

We got W changed into his pjs.  Tonight we were going to drop him off at the nursery before the show and then pick him up at closing time at 11pm.

Drop off went horrible, he cried a ton and we felt horrible, but we knew he was tired and would go to sleep soon.  We also asked that they call if he didn’t calm down and we would come get him.

Then we went to the show and watched Believe, it was as good as everyone says it is and I can see why dad’s like it so much.

After the show, we walked to the back of the ship and went to Meridian.   On the way we stopped to check on W and found out he was asleep, so that was good.

It’s the fancy bar between Palo and Remy.  We sat at the bar and ordered a fancy cocktail and really enjoyed it and the atmosphere.  The bartender was great and we talked with him quite a bit, turns out the martinis we ordered were some of his most popular, and he actually does the mixology classes.  He ended up making us some other samples to try and giving us his recipe sheet that he gives at his classes, nice!

At the end of the bar there were two men enjoying a brandy and talking about how much money they have and spend.  They weren’t together but I guess they had made small talk, one guy was more obnoxious than the other, eventually his wife showed up but I never heard her say a word.  The guy talked about how he priced the Walt Disney Suite and how expensive it was but he’s going to do it for his daughters HS graduation, must be nice.

After we finished our cocktail we hurried up to our room to put on our bathing suits. 

You see we hadn’t ridden the Aqua Duck at night yet, so we rushed up to Deck 11 and found it closed, I guess there was high winds or something.  Fail.

Instead we went and tried out the adult hot tubs and relaxed a while.  Then we made our way to deck 5 and got our late night snacks before we picked up W.

At pick up I asked when he went to sleep and it was later than expected so I asked if cried a lot, and they said quite a bit.  I’m not sure how long he was upset but we didn’t like that he cried so much, so we decided this was the last night we bring him.

Back in the room we enjoyed our snacks and called it a night.

Tomorrow we have to start early on Castaway Cay!

WBI