New "Escape to Walt's Wilderness Tour" includes Discovery Island

Makes me wonder if whomever dreamed up this spiffy tour had been out anywhere near Discovery Island in recent years, or if they'd only seen old photos.  B)

My guess is some suit that had never seen the place liked the idea until it was brought up how much it would cost to clean the island up and make it safe.

I'll probably post some photos later today.  They just show the campfire area.  I am not sure where the PVC tripods you saw were in relation to that.  I may need to get out there to see for myself!

TCD

If you were standing in front of the table in your pictures, facing the Contemporary, the tripods would have been to your right (between the table and the water) as well as behind you, near the lake and the dam.  There were about 5 tripods set up.  

If you were standing in front of the table in your pictures, facing the Contemporary, the tripods would have been to your right (between the table and the water) as well as behind you, near the lake and the dam.  There were about 5 tripods set up.  

I'm stumped as to what they could be for?

They wouldn't be shooting archery there, would they?

TCD

I'm stumped as to what they could be for?

They wouldn't be shooting archery there, would they?

TCD

Archery there would make some sense though - pause the tour for a little target practice - lay out the metal lunch box - then move on.  It's a good way to stretch out the tour and make it look longer and more comprehensive then it really is .

And maybe that's what the hand washing station is for - to wash off the blood after they tear up their hands on the arrows because nobody ever knows how to do it properly  - and then they have clean paws to eat lunch? :huh:   

People will totally buy into this. The chance to be out in nature and experience the "wilderness". Lol I could charge an arm and a leg for city folks to come to my farm and do my chores for me. They will pay huge prices to take a tractor ride out to a field and pick a pumpkin. $5 to silde down a jolly slide at Christmas. Give them a chsnce to bird watch and connect with a less seen side of Disney, easy money.

People will totally buy into this. The chance to be out in nature and experience the "wilderness". Lol I could charge an arm and a leg for city folks to come to my farm and do my chores for me. They will pay huge prices to take a tractor ride out to a field and pick a pumpkin. $5 to silde down a jolly slide at Christmas. Give them a chsnce to bird watch and connect with a less seen side of Disney, easy money.

Won't get me to pay for a tractor ride. Did enough driving when I was a kid and go with my grandfather to my great grandparents and great, great aunts farms to mow the road sides and areas between the corn fields.

The amount of private parties and paid areas to watch fireworks etc is becoming insane. Twice this trip we have been locked out of the streets of America to private parties. The frozen thing at hs is out of control and in the way. Don't like it at Epcot either and then tonight when I was headed to test track I look over in a building and see a bunch of teenagers all dressed in white having some kind of celebration. All I know is buy some stock with the mouse because he knows how to bring in the cash. I wouldn't be surprised to see tours for the 4 seasons to the fort to see how the normal folks go to theme parks. My mother in law was at enterprise today and had to wait in line behind a man and his teenage daughter who were furious that they couldn't get a convertible suv. True story. Ugh

Agreed. I just scratch my head at it all. Blessed to live the country life.

It is different than in the city. It wasn't until I was an adult that I realized that Aunt Jesse's fried chicken she served for lunch was brought in by Aunt Kate along with that morning's  eggs.

They knew how to do back then. My grandma would go out Sunday morning, grab a chicken, and before you knew what was what have it's head chopped off and feathered. In the pot it went for lunch later that day. We raised and butchered chickens a few years back. Not something I want to do again lol. A few weeks back we ran out of eggs and I had to buy some at the store. My children, without me saying a word, wanted to know what was wrong with the eggs. Are they old? I had to laugh.