Here are some pictures from our trip this weekend.  The CG itself is nice.  Sites have cement and are level.  There is no shade, but it's right in the middle of Pensacola Beach so they basically took a parking lot and added some landscaping.  I think they did a good job, for the location.   The property does not allow tents or pop-ups; when we got there, the place wasn't full but it filled up over the weekend and I would say 75% of the park was large Class As and some big 5th Wheels.   Several of the sites had utility connections on both sides so you could either pull straight in or back in.  We were in a waterfront site which faces the bay.  The ocean was a short walk across the street.  The traffic was good about stopping, so it's very easy to get to.  The CG had a small pool and 2 single bathhouses (each bathhouse had a private toilet, shower and sink).  There was a small store onsite and the staff was okay.   Cable provided a lot of channels but the wifi signal was pretty weak.  Our Verizon signal was strong. 

Driving into Pensacola Beach:

20150715_153528_zpspjfmfo5g.jpg

CG entrance, you can see the small sign by the yellow walk sign (that walk sign is where you cross to get to the ocean):

20150715_173520_zpscqxakruh.jpg

20150716_085446_zpsiyampqnn.jpg

20150715_120152_zpsz6dodd2a.jpg

Our spot, next to my favorite... an Airstream (the owner was very nice and let me tour their home on wheels :) ):

20150715_133842_zpsywrwyyqp.jpg

Watching some Navy Jets fly over :)

20150716_090446_zpstefxoycm.jpg

Walkway to the beach:

20150715_173328_zpsmxspwq9s.jpg

Why you go to Pensacola:

20150715_162617_zpso8tm2vh9.jpg

20150715_163101_zps7bqbdb26.jpg

Thanks for the report. We loved Pensacola when we stayed at Fort Pickens. We saw that camground but we have a popup and knew it was out of bounds for us. Hope you had a blast.

We did have fun, thank you!  I will say however... IT. WAS. HOT.   Hot, hot, hot, hot.... HOT.   Because we were there for Tom's work conference (which was held across the street at the Hilton) we got to use their pool which was really helpful as I was watching two small kiddos by myself.  The Hilton had a one foot pool and their "big" pool started out at 3 feet so our oldest was okay there and our youngest was good in the 1 foot.  I still had whiplash from looking right to left and left to right, keeping my eyes on both kiddos at the same time... but that was a lot easier than stopping the ocean from pulling them out to sea  :lol:   Actually, the day before we came home, the Gulf was PERFECT.  A really nice breeze and the current was really easy; people were commenting that it felt more like a lake.  That was really nice.  Trees (for shade) at the CG would have been helpful but still... a really nice stay :)

I lived in Pensacola years ago for ten month. We managed to catch one of their rare hurricanes. The beaches were great. They also had a really nice Navy museum.

I would like to visit the museum someday.  Maybe when the kids are a few years older; I bet it is nice.