Here is a question that has brought about varying answers. When set up in a site, such as at FW, what defines your site?

I have always been of the mind set that my site, the one I am assigned, extended from the curb side of my RV (thats the side with the door) to within a coule of feet of the site next to mine. I would not consider it a common area and will use it to my harts content. I only consider it within a couple of feet as the connections are on the street side of the next RV. Of course if there is no site on my curb side, I consider a reasonable distnace (about 10 feet from the edge of the pad) as part of my site, unless otherwise posted in the park rules.

So what do you all say? What do you consider YOUR site when camping?

That's a pretty reasonable definition, and I wish that more people would honor it.

I was in a site last summer that some folks in the next row kept using as a pathway to their extra vehicles parked in the overflow, I mean walking between the TT and the picnic table. I was on the end of the row, and they only had to go a few feet to one side to get around me. I got tired of it and staked the lab right in the middle of the site, so they couldn't walk through it without being in her range. I actually heard them bitch about having to put up with the dog. It never occurred to them that they could walk around me.

I volunteer for a local KOA in the summer, and it amazes me at times to watch a total lack of manners. I have run kids out of neighboring sites at 11:00 at night, stopped them from riding their bikes through people's sites, and watched them walk right by someone's door without caring a thing about it.

I'm thinking of getting mean. For several days before the trip I'll stockpile the dog offerings that the kid spick up from the yard, then mark my territory at the campsite. Homemade land mines.  :rofl2:

I have a large screen tent.  Normally I am camping with a bunch of fiends.  So, normally I am next to one of them and we use the area between us as the area that we all converse and get together on.  Now, if I am not with fiends, I will promptly ASK the people next to me if it is a problem with me putting up my screen room.  I tend to take up more space than normal, but then again, more people tend to congregate near or on my site too.

For me it depends on how many trees are around my site and what type they are.  I like to drive lots of nails into the trees, and tie some ropes around them.  You know, for hammocks, clothes lines and zip lines.  I prefer hardwood trees over pines, as I find that when I pound nails into pine bark or really winch a rope nice and tight around the trunk, the dang tree will give off so much sap that it messes up my stuff.  So, if I have pine trees near my pad, but there are a couple of nice hardwood trees in the general proximity, I will expand my site definition to include those hardwoods.  One time the trees I wanted to use were on the other side of my neighbors RV...so I had to string my clothes line over their trailer to the hardwood tree.  It was fine until I realized that my towels and undies were blocking their sewer vent on the roof of the trailer, and the guy was a smoker.  The explosion only blew out two of his windows, but he was pissed anyways and made me move my clothes line.  I then had no choice but to tie it to the pine tree behind my pad.  Damn sap ruined my AC/DC concert tshirt from 1986.  Then I was pissed too!  I thought about suing Disney over that one, but being a nice guy and all I let it go.  After a few beers, I forgot about the tshirt, and I settled into my hammock that was tied to the pop up two sites over. 

What were we talking about?  :banana:

For me it depends on how many trees are around my site and what type they are.  I like to drive lots of nails into the trees, and tie some ropes around them.  You know, for hammocks, clothes lines and zip lines.  I prefer hardwood trees over pines, as I find that when I pound nails into pine bark or really winch a rope nice and tight around the trunk, the dang tree will give off so much sap that it messes up my stuff.  So, if I have pine trees near my pad, but there are a couple of nice hardwood trees in the general proximity, I will expand my site definition to include those hardwoods.  One time the trees I wanted to use were on the other side of my neighbors RV...so I had to string my clothes line over their trailer to the hardwood tree.  It was fine until I realized that my towels and undies were blocking their sewer vent on the roof of the trailer, and the guy was a smoker.  The explosion only blew out two of his windows, but he was pissed anyways and made me move my clothes line.  I then had no choice but to tie it to the pine tree behind my pad.  Damn sap ruined my AC/DC concert tshirt from 1986.  Then I was pissed too!  I thought about suing Disney over that one, but being a nice guy and all I let it go.  After a few beers, I forgot about the tshirt, and I settled into my hammock that was tied to the pop up two sites over. 

What were we talking about?  :D

OK Dave. No more 20" pizzas with extra jalapenos right before bed. They're starting to have an effect.  :rofl2:

These are diagrams of three of the four sites. I'm guessing everything out side the lines is comman area and is up for grabs by whoever gets there first.

Preferred site

FD-1.jpg

Tent/pop-up site

FB-1.jpg

Full hook-up site

FA-1.jpg

you don't happen to have the fourth one lying around?  chris would love to have it for the upcoming 2.0

You know Dave, if you had purple thongs to hang from your clothesline, they would weigh much less and not get in the way of the air vent of the smoker, who undoubtedly blew smoke into your personal air space.  I picked one up at WalMart last night for $1.96 to add to my collection.

103_2911.jpg

You know Dave, if you had purple thongs to hang from your clothesline, they would weigh much less and not get in the way of the air vent of the smoker, who undoubtedly blew smoke into your personal air space.  I picked one up at WalMart last night for $1.96 to add to my collection.

Great Minds Shop Alike! Check out the pair closest to the camper!

195837_1767164493802_1079850261_31698602_770445_n.jpg

The boundries of my site is usually defined by the 'stuff' I put up, which hinges on how long I am going to be there and how many people are in my group. I usually always stay within my developed campsite area, with the exception of decorations, which may protrude into the common area.

If I am unfortunate enough to get one of those campsites that people use as a cut through, then I will intentionally put my stuff up as to block the cut through using picnic tables, canopies, clothes lines, decorations, etc.