I am probably late posting this, but just called reservations and found that there is an AP discount available for my dates of September 16 - 26. This applies towards a premium site, but I had to change from my preferred 100 loop. The price went from 912.41 for a 10 night stay, to 780.81 for a premium site.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only discounts right now that include the campsites are for mid August to October 3rd with variations in dates.    Late Summer Room Only Discount  Valid 8/15-10/3/2015 Campsite 15% off but very li

The only discounts right now that include the campsites are for mid August to October 3rd with variations in dates. 

Late Summer Room Only Discount 

Valid 8/15-10/3/2015

Campsite 15% off but very limited availability that I have found so far. 

FL Resident Room Only Discount

Valid 8/15-10/3/2015 some dates are not discounted but I havent found an actual list of the ones that are not. 

Campsite 20% off but very limited availability that I have found so far.

There was a similar discount offerend in September of last year but that has been the only time frame I have seen. 

Jason, please let us know if you find an AP discount for October or November.

I certainly will. I doubt there will be any thought as the Fort appears to be pretty darn full those months. First thing I do when a new promo comes out is check to see if it is applicable to campsites. 

I know I will catch flack for this but I believe if they would crack down on the "Phantom sites" AND restrict sites to 2 adults and their immediate children/grandchildren instead of the widely-abused 10 per rule, you would see more sites open up and maybe more discounts again.....

The recent changes to the resort reservation system should actually help with the whole "phantom sites" thing, as it's a lot harder to get short stay reservations now.

you would see more sites open up and maybe more discounts again.....

Which is why it'll never happen, because while that may be in our best interest, it's not in the best interest of Disney's bottom line.

Although enforcing 10 people per site is, if it means that those people coming with more in their group have to pay for more than one site, so not sure why they don't do that already.

My guess is that many of the large groups would go elsewhere on or off property if the 10 per rule was changed.  That's what would free up sites.  They come to the Fort because it's the cheapest place for them, probably by far once you divide by 10 people.

Is there anywhere else that allows 10 unrelated people in a single room for the same price?

As far as the new reservation system, not sure that's going to take care of the phantom people, we just shortened our reservation online w/o any issue. According to what I had read we shouldn't have been able to do that...

oh, and we have called and asked  for the AP discount twice now and its a no each time.  

My guess is that many of the large groups would go elsewhere on or off property if the 10 per rule was changed.  That's what would free up sites.  They come to the Fort because it's the cheapest place for them, probably by far once you divide by 10 people.

Fair point.

we just shortened our reservation online w/o any issue. According to what I had read we shouldn't have been able to do that...

How short?  Possible things are still changing, but lately it's sounding now like the system is a lot "friendlier" to reservations of at least 5 days, and that it depends on what time of year you're trying to shorten the reservation during - i.e., if it's a peak season like Christmas, they're less likely to allow it.

We were able to drop a week off our fall reservation without any problems not too long ago, but we still kept 3 weeks.

• 3 weeks later...

The recent changes to the resort reservation system should actually help with the whole "phantom sites" thing, as it's a lot harder to get short stay reservations now.

What is a "phantom site"?

People that book sites just to get the perks of staying on property - FP+, earlier ADR booking, EMH, etc. - but don't actually use the site.

So they book a site and pay for it but never use it? Do they actually check in? I thought Disney would cancel a reservation after one night if the guest didn't check in.

What a waste. After they book their ADRs and FP+s, couldn't they cancel their site reservation and still keep their ADRs & FPs?  The only thing they'd lose would be the EMH access.  They must really want that EMH access. 

So they book a site and pay for it but never use it? Do they actually check in? I thought Disney would cancel a reservation after one night if the guest didn't check in.

What a waste. After they book their ADRs and FP+s, couldn't they cancel their site reservation and still keep their ADRs & FPs?  The only thing they'd lose would be the EMH access.  They must really want that EMH access. 

These days FP+ and ADRs are probably worth a lot more than EMH.

Presumably they check in, but for all the talk about "phantom" or "throwaway" sites, I've never actually talked to someone that's done it to find out what the deal is. Some folks claim it's a huge problem, others claim it hardly happens.   It's kind of like Big Foot.  8)

The recent changes to the reservation should put the kibosh on this to some extent, as it's made it harder to book short stays.

These days FP+ and ADRs are probably worth a lot more than EMH.

Presumably they check in, but for all the talk about "phantom" or "throwaway" sites, I've never actually talked to someone that's done it to find out what the deal is. Some folks claim it's a huge problem, others claim it hardly happens.   It's kind of like Big Foot.  B)

The recent changes to the reservation should put the kibosh on this to some extent, as it's made it harder to book short stays.

but short stays are what i want!!!!

I have 3 nights in december, 2 in feburary and 3 in october... If i can convince the wife ill to another 2 nights in april and maybe 3 more in december 2016