New Disney Villains Show at Hollywood Studios?

CONFIRMED - see below

From Doctor Disney...

Disney Rumor: New Disney Villains Show Coming To Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Beauty And The Beast Stage Show Being Replaced?
August 31, 2015 by Doctor Disney

disney-villains-facilier.jpg

As if enough changes aren’t already on tap, word has gotten out that a new Disney Villains show of some kind will be coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. That’s awesome, but does it mean that an old-time favorite show is being replaced?

It is indeed true that a “New Villains Offering at Disney’s Hollywood Studios” is coming, but there is no date as to when or even what it will be exactly. All that is known at this time is that auditions are happening for different roles near the end of September.

Some have started saying that this new show will replace the Beauty and the Beast Stage Show, but that is totally NOT confirmed.

What is known is that Disney is looking for roles such as this:

Dr. Facilier Male, 20s – 30s, 5’11” and above. A master of magic and voodoo.  Charismatic baritone with pizazz. Sings “Friends On The Other Side.”

Comedic Male ActorInventive actor with a strong sense of comedic wit and timing. Portrays the club manager of Dr. Facilier’s Lounge. Well-polished with a bit of flair.

Female Dancers Seeking versatile and exciting female dancers 5’2” and above. Must have excellent technique and a strong hip hop background. Acting ability a plus.

These auditions for the new Disney Villains’ offering at DHS are late into September so it may be a little late for them to start it in time for the Halloween season.

If a new show is coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, that doesn’t necessarily mean that Beauty and the Beast or anything else is being replaced. There is the Premier Theater (where the Frozen Sing-Along used to be), but that may soon be taken over when Star Wars Land and Toy Story Land start building up.

Now, there is a “Flex Theater” being built between Rock N’ Roller Coaster and Tower of Terror…this is confirmed. What Disney is using that theater for is another question and has not yet been announced.

Either way, some kind of new Disney Villains show or offering is in the works for Disney’s Hollywood Studios, and it’s going to be interesting to see what it is and where it goes.

http://www.doctordisney.com/2015/08/31/disney-rumor-new-disney-villains-show-coming-to-disneys-hollywood-studios-beauty-and-the-beast-being-replaced/

• 1 month later...

Well, there is a new villains show coming, apparently.

But, it's not replacing Beauty and the Beast.

It's a hard ticket event:

Disney's Hollywood Studios will be offering a new ticketed event in the new year - 'Club Villain.'

Beginning on January 16 2016, the event takes place in the new Sunset Showcase, with tickets priced at $99 per person including tax and gratuity. Entry to Disney's Hollywood Studios is not included with the ticket. Club Villain will be open on most Saturdays.

Here is the full description:

Dancin’ and Chillin’ with Disney Villains
Sunset Showcase loudly presents Club Villain, a frightfully fun dance-and-dine event—debuting January 16, 2016!
This spellbinding evening features decadent New Orleans delicacies like tender beef striploin rubbed with herbes de Provence, Voodoo sticky “pig wings” with citrus gremolata and spicy shrimp sautéed with Andouille sausage, tomato, okra and onions over creamy polenta.

Trick or treat yourself to fiendish cocktail concoctions—specialty alcoholic drinks plus beer and wine—hilarious stage-show numbers and up-close encounters with Disney’s most dastardly doomsday divas. Mix and mingle with mysterious Maleficent, hilarious Queen of Hearts, the delirious Evil Queen and the always fur-fetched Cruella De Vil—and wicked jams from our house DJ!

Tickets to Club Villain can be purchased for $99 per person, tax and gratuity included. Reservations are recommended and can be made up to 90 days in advance, either by booking online here or by calling (407) 939-3463.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/club-villain-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/news/29oct2015-club-villain-ticketed-event-coming-to-disneys-hollywood-studios-in-january-2016.htm

How silly for anyone to think that this would be something added to the paltry attractions and shows currently available at DHS.

It will cost you a hundred bucks to see the villains.  Thank you very much.

TCD

And, it's official.

It was just announced on the Disney Parks Blog:

Get ready for a whole new way to enjoy Disney’s Hollywood Studios – Club Villain, a special ticketed event in Sunset Showcase adjacent to Rock ‘n Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith with fabulous performances, delicious food, bewitching cocktails and enchanting encounters with some of the greatest Disney villains.

cluhcluh7369911-613x415.jpg

The first Club Villain will take place Jan. 16, with reservations opening today, when the mysterious Dr. Facilier is your host for the evening, welcoming guests and his friends from the “other side” to his parlor of mystical mishaps, with musical numbers and a wicked mix from his house DJ. Also stopping by to socialize are those divas of evil, Maleficent, Queen of Hearts, Cruella De Vil and the Evil Queen.

Club Villain provides a spellbinding evening to enjoy fiendish concoctions from the Potions Bar, savor culinary delights from New Orleans and beyond, meet with the villains and dance the night away. Club Villain takes place select evenings for $99 per person, tax and gratuity included. Reservations are recommended and can be made up to 90 days in advance online or by calling 407-939-3463. A separate ticket for admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios is required.

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/10/reservations-open-today-for-all-new-club-villain-at-disneys-hollywood-studios-at-walt-disney-world-resort/

Reservations open today!

Hurry!

TCD

Well, there is a new villains show coming, apparently.

But, it's not replacing Beauty and the Beast.

It's a hard ticket event:

Disney's Hollywood Studios will be offering a new ticketed event in the new year - 'Club Villain.'

Beginning on January 16 2016, the event takes place in the new Sunset Showcase, with tickets priced at $99 per person including tax and gratuity. Entry to Disney's Hollywood Studios is not included with the ticket. Club Villain will be open on most Saturdays.

Here is the full description:

Dancin’ and Chillin’ with Disney Villains

Sunset Showcase loudly presents Club Villain, a frightfully fun dance-and-dine event—debuting January 16, 2016!

This spellbinding evening features decadent New Orleans delicacies like tender beef striploin rubbed with herbes de Provence, Voodoo sticky “pig wings” with citrus gremolata and spicy shrimp sautéed with Andouille sausage, tomato, okra and onions over creamy polenta.

Trick or treat yourself to fiendish cocktail concoctions—specialty alcoholic drinks plus beer and wine—hilarious stage-show numbers and up-close encounters with Disney’s most dastardly doomsday divas. Mix and mingle with mysterious Maleficent, hilarious Queen of Hearts, the delirious Evil Queen and the always fur-fetched Cruella De Vil—and wicked jams from our house DJ!

Tickets to Club Villain can be purchased for $99 per person, tax and gratuity included. Reservations are recommended and can be made up to 90 days in advance, either by booking online here or by calling (407) 939-3463.

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/club-villain-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/news/29oct2015-club-villain-ticketed-event-coming-to-disneys-hollywood-studios-in-january-2016.htm

How silly for anyone to think that this would be something added to the paltry attractions and shows currently available at DHS.

It will cost you a hundred bucks to see the villains.  Thank you very much.

TCD

And don't forget you have to have park admission too. 

• 5 months later...

From WDWMagic...

Club Villain discounts extended into April and May

1 hour ago in "Club Villain at Disney's Hollywood Studios"

The discounted rate for Club Villain at Disney's Hollywood Studios has now been extended in April and May.

The discount is available for Annual Passhoolders and Disney Vacation Club Members, and lowers the regular $129 price to $99, including tax and gratuity.

Discounts are available for the 9pm shows on Saturday nights for April and May. Reservations can be made via 407-WDW-DINE for Annual Passholders or via DVC Member Services for Disney Vacation Club members.

Disney is honoring the discount for existing reservations, call 407-WDW-DINE or the DVC Member Services if you already have a reservation at the higher rate.

The special event at Disney's Hollywood Studios was originally priced at $99, but increased to $129 in February when dates were released for March and beyond.

Article Posted: Mar 30, 2016 / 10:23am EDT

http://www.wdwmagic.com/events/club-villain-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/news/30mar2016-club-villain-discounts-extended-into-april-and-may.htm

I just don't get it.

One of the things that made Disney a "Family" destination was the one admission price covered everything (after they did away with the ticket booklets).

Other than food/souvenirs, you knew how much a day/week at the parks was going to cost.

Now with all of these extras, it's like Disney has become a county fair where everything is an added expense. Play that game shell out some $$, want to see a show, costs extra, want to go on a ride, sell a kidney to afford it...

If Disney is so hard up for $$, maybe they should go back to lowering the admission cost, and start charging per ride/show/attraction !

38 minutes ago, Travisma said:

I just don't get it.

One of the things that made Disney a "Family" destination was the one admission price covered everything (after they did away with the ticket booklets).

Other than food/souvenirs, you knew how much a day/week at the parks was going to cost.

Now with all of these extras, it's like Disney has become a county fair where everything is an added expense. Play that game shell out some $$, want to see a show, costs extra, want to go on a ride, sell a kidney to afford it...

If Disney is so hard up for $$, maybe they should go back to lowering the admission cost, and start charging per ride/show/attraction !

From a different point of view that's what this is. You pay a base rate for entry and attractions. Due to customer demand they have created additional experiences you can Choose to add on if they interest you. For some people the chance to hang with the villains like this is totally worth it. Others don't like the villains and will never go. 

6 minutes ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

From a different point of view that's what this is. You pay a base rate for entry and attractions. Due to customer demand they have created additional experiences you can Choose to add on if they interest you. For some people the chance to hang with the villains like this is totally worth it. Others don't like the villains and will never go. 

But a few years back, they wouldn't have thought of charging for this.  Look at all of the "extras" they have started charging for... Fireworks desert party, boat desert party, Star Wars weekends parties, the Osborne Lights party, etc. and I'm sure I missed a bunch.

Like everyone said, they are starting to nickel and dime you to death.

And no you don't have to spend the $$$ to do them if you don't want to.

I hate to disagree but this is dinner and a show just like HDDR and they have been charging extra for that for years. Is it because it's in a theme park that it's an issue?  

They have also had specialty fireworks cruises for years that are an extra charge. They have had the wishes dessert party for years now as well. Also an extra charge.

A lot of the things they charge extra for require personel and for the dessert parties people to make and serve the desserts. I have enjoyed the Wishes dessert party many times in the past and will again in July with Gram. The new pricing is more than I personally like but this is a special trip and I am happy to pay it for Gram to get the experience. 

Providing unique experience that require more personel and expense to put on require a charge to pay for them. 

I like the villains. Having said that would I pay to go to this, probably not. I'd prefer Disney have the villains out and about in the parks more and think HS would be the park to have them in. I have no problems with events like this and we used to book the Dinner and Preferred seating packages for the Candlelight Processional every year with my grandma. Was it something we could have done with only our admission tickets yes, but it made it an experience that we all enjoyed and made it easier for her and us.

The desert parties are something that we haven't done yet but will get around to one of these days. More just for the experience I'm sure we'll enjoy them but will probably say "ya know I like watching the fireworks from the beach or contemporary for free with my own cocktail better".

The cruises I think are a great idea too. If you are staying a resort that doesn't have a fireworks view or off property it gives people another chance to see the fireworks without using a park day and also a chance to get out on a boat. For some that may be their first experience on a boat or one of few. Now I can say I will never pay for one of the cruises but I was raised on boats and know other good if not better locations around property to watch from. (Although I wouldn't turn down an offer for a trip on Grand One)

Anything extra is nice if you want to take advantage of it but does nothing to ruin a visit if you dont. Now if the came along and restarted the tickets, said you could only do a ride or attraction once a day, started charging extra to stay and watch the fireworks and so on I'd have a major problem paying the prices we are now.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk