I looked back 3 pages to find the last post on this campground. I'm looking to overnight and this seems like a valid option. Has anyone stayed here recently? If so was it clean and safe? Price? Would you overnight here again? No looking to do more then drop the main jack on the trailer to take some weight off of the truck and put the slides out so we can access the food and beds. 

Please chime in and let me know what you think. This would be about 6 hours from my house and 6 hours from the fort.

Stayed there in march. I think we paid $35-40 a night. Anyway it was the cheapest campsite i ever paid for. It was clean but plain. Served its purpose for an overnight stay. It is gated and the gate closes after a certain time of night. They give you a key card to access it if you leave/arrive during those hours. There was also a man driving around the campground patrolling it overnight. He seemed well "capable" of taking care of any situation if it arose. We will probably overnight there again next year.

Sent from my iPhone

It's where we plan on stopping on our way down. My wife stopped and talked to them about arriving late night and they said just go to the front desk of the hotel and they will take care of everything for you, same computer system. She said it looked fine for the overnight we planned.

Best Regards,

Norm

We have stayed there and would definitely stay there again.  Great rates and it's clean.  If you want something fancy, don't stay there.  If you want to be able to relax for the evening and take a load off your vehicle, then definitely!!

You folks aren't to far off from me. I live in Snow Hill down by the beach. Thanks for your input. Just want a place to lay our little heads stretch our legs and maybe just maybe allow the kids a few laps on their bikes to tire them out.

Stayed there many times and as others have said it's not the greatest place in the world but it is quiet, clean, cheap and right off the highway.  It is behind the main buildings and removed form all the neon and noise, but still close enough to enjoy all the great tackiness that is SOB    :lol:

If the CG office is closed we have just gone into the "El Drug Store" out front to get a site.

Stayed there last year. It wasn't bad at all. We got in around 9, and left the next morning around 9. Thing was there was a dirt bike track or something. Right behind the bathrooms. So come Saturday morning we were woke up by the sound of dirt bikes or something. We were surprised at how early they started

• 2 weeks later...

We've stayed there also, and another perk next to being a cheap campsite, they are mostly all pull thru, and long. 

Long enough you don't even have to unhook. Great for an over night stay.

Enjoy your trip.

WELCOME

Thanks for sharing your experience and I love your screen name!!

hello-red-crab-emoticon.gif