It did Marty - thanks!

That is indeed a gator and a real one at that.

Someone commenting on the post claims it's been there since July 4.

If that's true, I'm surprised they haven't fished him out of there yet.

It's funny that at the beginning of the clip it looks like he's just hanging out watching the silly tourists get wet. 

Was just there two weekends ago and there was a small one (4 foot) in the riverboat waterway across from the shooting gallery(looks like the one on facebook above). I also know that a year or so ago there was a three legged one in the splash mountain pond (same pond again as above). Must be pretty common.

Was just there two weekends ago and there was a small one (4 foot) in the riverboat waterway across from the shooting gallery(looks like the one on facebook above). I also know that a year or so ago there was a three legged one in the splash mountain pond (same pond again as above). Must be pretty common.

The one in this video looked relatively small - could be the same one. It's just funny that he's getting so close to where all the commotion is.  Must be a curious fella.  8)

Yeah the cobra is a bit unusual.. Maybe he is headed to Harry Potter. Slash Mountain is more of a Gator attraction.

:rofl2:

And if that cobra makes it over to the Fort, there are plenty of dense areas for him to hide in.

It would need to be a very lucky cobra to make it across all the roads between him and WDW.

There are so many dense areas around Florida he won't have trouble finding a place to live.  UNFORTUNATELY! :angry:

Why is a permit given to keep dangerous snakes anyway?!

On the subject of gators, Florida + water = a good gator home. 

They are even found in backyard swimming pools.

A bunch of years ago there was a photo of a gator climbing a chain link fence, think that one was in Texas though.

Growing up I heard a rumor, from my grandma, that Disney has cm's that walk the Fort every night looking for snakes and gators. If found they quietly remove them. They did this so the tent campers didn't have any unwanted "guests". After being on this site for a bit my guess is that grandma was trying to pull a fast one.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like the little fella is still hanging around.  Disney Photo Snapper posted this on FB this morning...

Disney Photo Snapper

Page Liked · 27 mins ·

Hmm, I think this little guy slipped through security. Maybe he just wants to keep the Disney ducks company? #live #phonepic

12038444_1037738936276905_47897485910315

Disney Photo Snapper Security was watching him, but apparently he's well known and has been hanging out for awhile.
Like · 1 · 14 mins

https://www.facebook.com/DisneyPhotoSnapper/photos/a.681485231902279.1073741831.633252576725545/1037738936276905/?type=1&theater

I think it's cool that they let them stay. Since posting about the Splash Mt. gator I have come across numerous other gator residents around the WDW property. This little guy above needs a name.

I like Maurice... but maybe Brer Gator is more appropriate.  8)

I'd imagine as long as they're in areas where they can't reach guests - sounds like that's the case with this guy - they just let them be.  That's probably easier/better for everyone.  Getting the "gator guy" in there to get him out would not be "good show" for sure.  Although it would probably be pretty entertaining for the guests.

I've also seen REAL deer on the train riding over by the Indian village.  It was funny because other people riding with us thought they were fake.  Um, nope... animatronics aren't quite that animated. :rofl2: