Keep Bailing, the Water's Rising Fast!

They are usually near the foil and brown in bags.

I was in that aisle when I asked the Mensa candidate.  There were some empty spots on the shelves in that section.  Maybe this weekend I'll tray a different store in my travels.  This area has the worst customer service I've ever encountered.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please don't take this as my normal negative self, but a few things: 1. Your from Tampa and places that normally don't flood, have flooded this year. Neighborhoods by my home in Trinity are still cle

What about the fact that there's a huge opening at the top of the liner?  They aren't bags.  They're shaped like a crock pot, with a big opening at the top.

TCD

last trip, we kept the leftovers in them, gathered the top, twisted it, and put a bread tie around it then put it back in the ice chest (once it cooled).

Worked great, of course the bag can't be filled to the top.

last trip, we kept the leftovers in them, gathered the top, twisted it, and put a bread tie around it then put it back in the ice chest (once it cooled).

That will work, but I don't think that's a great idea for using to freeze something.

I've had the liners stick to the crock pot and tear.  They aren't very thick.

And Reynolds agrees with me.

So there:

Can I use Reynolds Slow Cooker Liners to store leftovers in the refrigerator or

freezer?

Leftover food should only be stored in the liner while it is still in the slow cooker bowl. At no time

should the liner be lifted from the bowl with food inside. While the slow cooker liner material is

excellent for cooking, it does not provide a barrier against moisture loss for food storage. Freezer

storage is not recommended for slow cooker bowls.

http://www.reynoldskitchens.com/media/171330/scl_faq.pdf

TCD

That was my feeling as well. Thanks for the input. Hijacking for a minute. Gwen how is Kassie?

Thanks for asking, Kristie!  Kassie is on NSAIDs and is doing well.  But she can't stay on the drug indefinitely.  Planning to have another chat with the vet within the next week.

That's what I would have done too, except, probably used a clothes pin to close the bag.

That will work, but I don't think that's a great idea for using to freeze something.

So there:

freezer?

Leftover food should only be stored in the liner while it is still in the slow cooker bowl. At no time

should the liner be lifted from the bowl with food inside. While the slow cooker liner material is

excellent for cooking, it does not provide a barrier against moisture loss for food storage. Freezer

TCD

But here comes TCD with the info straight from Reynolds.  Guess I'll go with that.

"I've had the liners stick to the crock pot and tear.  They aren't very thick."

That would be a pain, after all the bag is suppose to keep the crock pot from getting messy.  I'm wondering now if using a spoon or ladle to serve the food could tear the bag?

So there:

freezer?

TCD

Interesting, but what guy reads instructions? Hah.

We've never had one tear, we did poke a hole in one with a large fork, but it didn't make too much of a mess.

I could see not freezing in them, but leftovers in the fridge should be ok, after all they don't last long.

"I've had the liners stick to the crock pot and tear.  They aren't very thick."

That would be a pain, after all the bag is suppose to keep the crock pot from getting messy.  I'm wondering now if using a spoon or ladle to serve the food could tear the bag?

The time I'm thinking of the issue I had with liner was when I cooked a Boston Butt Roast for pulled pork.  It wasn't a boneless one, and I think a bone was pressed against the liner- which may have caused heat to focus on that point.  The liner was probably punctured when I shredded the pork with a fork.  Like I said- the liners aren't very thick.

TCD

I have always worried about cooking food in hot plastic. I know my kids who have the job of washing the crockpot would love me to use liners but I can't bring myself to do it yet. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since I only use the liners about twice a year, and I'm the one cleaning the crock pot, I'm not gonna worry about it.

Just a heads up about site flooding.  It's not just the tent/pop up sites that flood.  We had a pup in site 126, the last site on the inside of the 100 loop, and it rained and left about 2-3 inches of water throughout the site and driveway in front of it.  No way to get in or out without wading through.