Keep Bailing, the Water's Rising Fast!

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Please don't take this as my normal negative self, but a few things: 1. Your from Tampa and places that normally don't flood, have flooded this year. Neighborhoods by my home in Trinity are still cle

I envy people who can leave a crock pot on and come back to everything being okay.  Each time I've tried, it did not turn out good.... crock pots do not like me  :unsure:

Score on free ice cream!! Yay!

Do you have the newer crocks with the digital controls?

They work much better than the old dial ones, since at the end of the cooking time you selected they drop down to a warm mode.

Then they have the ones with a meat probe that drops the crock to warm when the meat reaches it's set temp.

A crock with a disposable liner is one of the  greatest things for camping.

We did one of those huge frozen mac and cheese casseroles from GFS in the one crock.  Had to let it defrost a bit so I could cut it to fit it in.

The ribs in the other pot were so tender, all the meat fell off the bones.

The ice cream was a fantastic surprise.  They were going to see if they could get void written on the coupon and keep it for a scrapbook.

Nope.. old, basic crock pot.  Maybe it's time to look into a newer one :)

World of difference.

Ninja makes an impressive all in one cooker

http://www.ninjakitchen.com/ninja-cooking-system/ 

but it will set you back $150 +

We have an older off brand large digital one that we got from Big Lots ages ago.

Recently found a brand new Rival digital one at a Goodwill in Orlando for $15.  Sealed in the box.  The controls are more basic than our other one, but it still shifts to warm when done.  That's now our leave in the PUP one and it worked great.

IN!  made it on page 2 :)

Wondering if the sand was put under the tent?   Though to do that the tent would need to be lifted and Disney already said they wouldn't touch your stuff.

YAY for the cones!

No, sand wasn't put under the tent.  We had asked them to make a small berm around the tent in case of further flooding.  They did make it a little deeper there, buried my tent pegs, but not quite a berm.

Remember, the first manager and her assistant said that the sand would "soak up" the water preventing further lakes.  PS, it didn't work.

sand don't soak

I have always wondered about this. i have seen sand used for oil spills (not the big ones, but small ones you get at a garage and such).  I have also read that walking in the sand can dry out your feet.

But sand is just ground up bits of shells, right?  How is that absorbent?

looking at your pic, did you turn the pup sideways in the site on the pad?

the post for electric and water appear to be in an odd location and that's why I am asking

Post for electric and water is in the normal location, our PUP isn't.

Our PUP is pretty small and we do turn it sideways and put the doorway at the edge of the slab and sand.

That is why we initially liked the site, there were no branches to the right side to hit the bunk end like it did on 1511 so we could push it more to that side.

Doing it that way frees up the sand pad for our tent, screen room, and kitchen set up.

Post for electric and water is in the normal location, our PUP isn't.

Our PUP is pretty small and we do turn it sideways and put the doorway at the edge of the slab and sand.

That is why we initially liked the site, there were no branches to the right side to hit the bunk end like it did on 1511 so we could push it more to that side.

Doing it that way frees up the sand pad for our tent, screen room, and kitchen set up.

Isn't turning the camper sideways awesome!!

OK, I give up.

So far this evening I've tried to add to the report, and both times everything dissappeared.

Kept saying it autosaved, but when i tried to retreive it, everything was blank.

Maybe I'll have better luck tomorrow.

That's why I always type my report in Word and copy/paste it here.  Carol taught me that trick.

Hopefully 3rd time is a charm on this trip report continuation.  It’s hard to remember what I wrote the last 2 times it disappeared!

After dinner we met up with relatives at the campfire.  So far, other than a light drizzle while we were waiting for the Fort bus at EPCOT, it was a fairly dry day.

We made s’mores, sang  songs, and since it was my daughter’s birthday coming up, we made her join  the  birthday line.

My niece was able to get pictures of Chip/Dale with her 1 year old.  That was the big reason they came to the Fort, they didn’t want to take here to the parks to see characters.

We headed down to Clementine’s to go to the Back to School Beach Bash.  They had a DJ, dancing, and those weird glowing Orb lights set up.  We saw the fireworks and the Electrical Water Pageant.

Afterwards we witnessed a massive cart jam rivaling rush hour on I-4 with all the carts leaving at the same time.  It’s amazing there aren’t a lot more accidents.

Everyone headed out since Sunday bright and early was breakfast at Whispering Canyon.

I don’ t think I need to say too much about the food.  Everyone enjoyed it.

Granddaughters ready for the Pony Race

EpXuNNml.jpg

Birthday daughter and niece.  They had to trot around the restaurant

SoQDxael.jpg

Lobby Photos

My kids

jCCvGQjl.jpg

With grandkids

uPxCSqVl.jpg

10 year difference

udBHrsll.jpg

We went down to see Old Faithful.  I noticed the pool is now enclosed totally with a fence.  You could just open the gate and walk in.  I didn’t see anyone wearing WL bands or get approached as they walked in.  Maybe they do periodic checks?

The grandkids did the Hidden Mickey  Search and got a pin and certificate.

We all met up later to go relax by the pool.  It was short lived, they kicked everyone out of the pool and off the deck due to an approaching storm.  What’s odd is a couple of weeks ago we were at a Hilton, and when the storm alarm would go off, you had to get out of the water, but were allowed to stay on the deck area.  Disney makes you leave the entire area.  Maybe because the Hilton was 15 stories tall and the Forts buildings are low?

The relatives took off, we hunkered down, and that’s when flood # 2 happened.

Again I bailed water off the site.  It wasn’t as bad, but the tent flooded again, and the low areas between the sites really filled up.  The one between 1510 and 1511 grew about 3 times as large. I took another walk around the loop, and it was the same as the first time, none of the other sites flooded, and only 3 or 4 had tiny puddles in the corners.

There is definitely something wrong with the drainage on 1510.

Later the soggy campers decided to hit the MK since it was open until midnight.

Here’s a rate chart for the various extras at the Fort.

PCqilH3l.jpg

4 of us went to Space Mountain.

fvu5pY9l.jpg

I hadn’t been on it in probably 8 years or more.

My wife and other granddaughter went to do Stiches escape.  Neither of them liked it that much

We took the back path over by the train tracks to go to Barnstormer.  We had FP’s but didn’t need them.  The regular side wait was 10 minutes, but people were walking right on.

Pictures with Goofy and Donald

28PmAO7l.jpg

UHqhHTal.jpg

Our next ride was Big Thunder.  The crowds weren’t too bad, maybe because of the drizzling rain.  Peter Pan was a 90 minute wait, worse than Space Mountain.

On the way, my daughter bought me one of these filled with soda.

gHSGqeVl.jpg

It’s proudly sitting on a shelf in the kitchen near my Jack Skellington and Grandpa mugs!

After Big Thunder, we got some Dole Whips and watched the Wishes fireworks.  First time I’ve seen them from the park itself.

Someone doesn’t like loud noises, but wouldn't stop eating Dole Whip to plug her own ears.

YInklUPl.jpg

My daughter was not a happy camper when she found out they didn’t have the pineapple/vanilla swirl any longer.  Then the next day to add insult to injury, my in-laws went to the Poly, had swirls, and sent her pictures while she was waiting at the airport to fly home.

We headed over to the castle for the Celebrate the Magic Show.  I know there’s haters out there, but it was the first time my wife and I saw it, and I thought it was pretty good.  I think they should have dropped the banner that was stretched between some towers on the stage, it blocked some of the images.  My daughter said that the one we saw was the Villain show.

Here’s a couple of shots looking back at Main St when  the dimmed the lights

72pzPgml.jpg

zFc4Mlzl.jpg

Castle  shots

VrCvedLl.jpg

U1OnHNOl.jpg

1pXlmb7l.jpg

DjccSF0l.jpg

Halloween Decorations

AzHUCaHl.jpg

cvowKp2l.jpg

Jg2HUUyl.jpg

We headed out after the show, my 2 daughters and 1 granddaughter were going to catch the parade.

Someone didn’t even make it to the boat.

XARbSTzl.jpg

Next morning we started breaking down the site.  Everything was a soggy mess.  The bed of my truck was a lot fuller because a lot of the wet stuff couldn’t go back into the PUP.

This is the checkout line at 11:30 taken from the 1500 loop.

CelLUEcl.jpg

baPade2l.jpg

28Dy3e6l.jpg

We finally got the tent dried out yesterday.  I haven’t opened the PUP up fully yet.  I opened up the door and let it air out Tuesday.

Some odds and ends observations.

I saw a Fort Security person riding around on a bike a few times.  A ranger went thru the loop 1 time that I saw and he was in a cart.

Maintenance is lacking at the Fort and the parks.  We had a broken paper towel dispenser from Saturday until Monday at the bathroom.  Some water fountains in the parks were barely dripping water out of the nozzles.  There was more trash evident .

Still can’t figure out how they run the internal busses.  Most of the time we would see 2, sometimes 3 oranges before we saw 1 yellow.

The monitor at the Outpost Bus Depot was working.  In the morning there was a CM helping guide people to the correct busses.

Note to tenters, if they offer you 1510 (which is overall a wonderful site except for the flooding issue) politely decline… unless they show you pictures of them correcting the drainage problem.

The granddaughters being awarded the ice cream ticket was a really nice surprise.

The trading posts have quite a bit of Halloween merchandise, and new to me Fort related items.

Overall it was a successful long weekend.  Everyone had fun in spite of the weather not cooperating.

And we’ve got our eyes on a different site for Halloween!

We were in 1511 last December, January and February - we had a friend in 1510 - every time it rained there was a lake between the two sites - sometimes bigger, sometimes smaller.  But even between storms it never did completely dry out and stayed muddy.

Thankfully we were both in Class Bs so didn't get wet.  But the kitchen tents did take a beating.