Meals with Shows outside of the Parks i.e HDDR

We will be having a largish family gathering at WDW in summer 2016.

Last time we got together we all went to HDDR on 4th of July and had a blast.  That's when I became Davy's Angel.

Reason I'm saying outside of the parks, is because the majority of the family that live in FL have the seasonal passes so we won't be doing parks.

The Northerners that are making the trip are thinking about the Luau at the Poly for the family get together.

Comments?  We haven't been there since the 80's.

Is it still worth the $$.  Decent food, good show, are adult beverages included like HDDR?

What else is out there besides HDDR, Luau, and Mickey's BBQ?

We've been to the Luau a few times. We really enjoy it. The show is a bit more "kitcshy" than it used to be. It has a story about a young girl either leaving for college on the mainland, or returning from college on the mainland. But still shows all the various dances. The food is pretty good and drinks are included.

This show has more of a chance to be cancelled due to bad weather though. Adult beverages are included.

The only other things are off property shows, Arabian Nights, Mediaval Times. Don't know anything about them though.

If I had my choice I would go to O'Hana over he Laui

But you won't go wrong with the laui.

IMHO the food is better and it's less expensive.

And yes I know it's not a "dinner show". But the kids love it.

Also have you looked into Mickeys backyard BBQ?

since we already did a "country" themed dinner I think they are looking at something different.