MNSSHP Blog Party, Final Addition 9/28

First I'd like to thank TCD for posting the thread about the contest for the Blog Party.

At first I didn't think we had won, but then after 6:00 PM the next day I got an email that I had won!

So my wife and I started planning who would have to pick up our GD from school and watch her until her mom got out of work.

But then, my wife checked her email and found out that she had won also!  Problem solved!  Now the two of us and our two GD's could go to the party.

Our GD's were so excited they couldn't wait for Tuesday and didn't want to go to school that day.

Tuesday arrived we picked up one GD from school and arranged to meet our other one at the ticket booth to get our packets.

We arrived at the parking lot 4:00 and saw signs that the event was sold out.  The lot was filling up and everyone was in costumes.

We got to the ticket booth

JcHrajwl.jpg

Got our packets, with park tickets, dinner tickets, and these nifty event passes.

0sZhp2nl.jpg

4zjf6D6l.jpg

Got our passes and we're ready to party!

sCakHV0l.jpg

We took the ferry over and got to see the $3000 a night bungalows right next to the ferry slip.  Not a great location.

2CTo0QUl.jpg

Coins on the pilings

c2uXzDal.jpg

vBpkfpXl.jpg

Time to turn in, more to come.

It's awesome that both you and your wife won so you could take the grandkids.

It's funny that you say that you never win anything.  My daughters and I ALWAYS win stuff like this.  But not this time.  I know I entered before you and your wife, but didn't win this time.

Oh well.  We've won quite a few of the blog contests, and I'm glad that a couple of Fiends got to go.  It just means that I've got a big win on the way.

This party ended up being a lot nicer than some of the ones I've been to. 

Congratulations.

TCD

It's awesome that both you and your wife won so you could take the grandkids.

It's funny that you say that you never win anything.  My daughters and I ALWAYS win stuff like this.  But not this time.  I know I entered before you and your wife, but didn't win this time.

Oh well.  We've won quite a few of the blog contests, and I'm glad that a couple of Fiends got to go.  It just means that I've got a big win on the way.

This party ended up being a lot nicer than some of the ones I've been to. 

Congratulations.

TCD

Maybe our names popped up in their "Magic File" because of the flooded campsite from our last visit and they were trying to make nice!  :lol:

We arrived at the MK and got thru the gate!

I brought this up earlier in another post.

We went thru the right hand side gate, the about 20 or so feet away we got our MNSSHP wrist bands.

Now I could be mistaken, but to me it seemed like anyone walking up got a wrist band. They didn't ask us or anyone around us for our tickets or passes.

After that we got our candy bags and we were past the train.

A couple of pictures with my oldest GDs favorite character!

g3EzYywl.jpg

FwEjdx1l.jpg

My wife made both of the costumes.  Supergirl was from last year, and batgirl she just made between the time we won and the party.  She also has a cowl/mask with bat ears but she didn't wear it to the park.

So we headed over to the Hall of Presidents for our Blog Party start.

xpHnoNNl.jpg

Line in front of us

0ZtbLLwl.jpg

Line behind us

92giyVkl.jpg

An entire pack of Russels.  The woman on the right was in our line when the 3 girls on the left came running over.

DYdqJoGl.jpg

Another pose.

And we finally got inside.  I was surprised, we were running about 15-20 minutes behind schedule.

NdVjKvtl.jpg

Orange Bird!

99Sfjdpl.jpg

This photo is from the blog page.

More to come.....

So we finally got into the Hall Of Presidents. 

nicpVgNl.jpg

They were running late they said because of traffic issues. 

Once they got started, they had the choreographer and costume designer for Hocus Pocus discuss the new show. 

Then they announced the winners of the costume contest.

bOw8yKDl.jpg

P8WxXZIl.jpg

After the contest they announced they had some surprises for us.  We got a set of 3 exclusive posters, one of Oogie Boogie, one of Hocus Pocus, and one of Disney Villains that glowed in the dark with different poses.

They also gave us a giant marshmallow treat, a bag of candy, and this exclusive (up until today) Magic Band.

VQV4ahAl.jpg

After the party, they told us to enjoy the park and meet back in  the reserved area in front of the castle at 6:45.

We headed over to the Columbia to have dinner.  They gave us vouchers for an entrée, drink and dessert.  All the years we've been going to the MK and this was our first time eating there.

One granddaughter and I got the seafood mac and cheese, my wife got the pot pie and the other granddaughter got the fish and chicken.

I was surprised at the generous portions, and the mac and cheese was great.

All in all, the dinner would have come out to about $90.

Afterwards we did some trick or treating.  The lines were long and the amount and type of candy given out were so so.

18G0uX7l.jpg

bHM9SVRl.jpg

Zombie barbershop quartet

paxWSZ7l.jpg

Gator in the canal by Splash Mountain

G0C0gsil.jpg

99NkN4el.jpg

Then a trip over to our viewing area.

By now you've seen better pictures but I was able to get a few semi decent ones.

MoOyb89l.jpg

7hVWSeYl.jpg

flBSJlhl.jpg

9tT896Ul.jpg

6Asl5YKl.jpg

TXMGP58l.jpg

AMIpcHfl.jpg

S1gqPaol.jpg

6OnVcrgl.jpg

PTZ3mBvl.jpg

FZVrfLtl.jpg

ODGS71zl.jpg

On the ferry back to the parking lot I saw the pageant

b8IKZL8l.jpg

I headed back to get the truck, and my wife and granddaughters caught the monorail to the Contemporary.  I took the truck over there and we met up to watch the fireworks from the end balcony of the hotel.

We had a great time even though it was really crowded.

The Hocus Pocus show was outstanding, the party was fun, and the food was great.

My granddaughter fell asleep before we left the property and when we woke her up in the driveway she said we couldn't be home, we had just left Disney!