The horribly hot weather in the time frame of 10/28-11/8 is that comparable to late August? They were saying how it was way hotter than normal. I'm just looking ahead to when pulling Adam from school is difficult if we can survive late August?

We were thinking the same thing, the last week of August Florida and surrounding states are back in school, so would be hoping crowds would be lower. My wife  is already off since she is a teacher.  Also figure we would do two MK days and to water park days.

Best Regards,

Norm

And as the old saying goes, "it's not the heat, it's the humidity".

The last few weeks have still had high temps, but the humidity has been much lower, so it's actually been fairly comfortable.

Setting up camp at the Fort for Halloween I only sweated thru 1 t shirt.

Memorial Day I went thru 2 shirts setting up the site, and another one before the afternoon was done.

The last few weeks have still had high temps, but the humidity has been much lower, so it's actually been fairly comfortable.

Setting up camp at the Fort for Halloween I only sweated thru 1 t shirt.

Memorial Day I went thru 2 shirts setting up the site, and another one before the afternoon was done.

I'll second that.

Late October is when we finally get a break from the nonstop heat and humidity of our long summers.  Yes, it was hot in late October and early November this year, but there was still a hint of cool in the air at night, and early in the mornings.  You won't get that in August.

In August, you can expect lots of thunderstorms, and very little, if any, drop in temperatures and humidity at night.  Plus, the days are longer, so you have an extra hour or two of the sun beating down on you.

Could you handle it?  Sure.  Lots of people do.  Is it preferable to late October?  No way.

TCD

That's kind of what I figured.  We had mid-high 80s all 3 weeks this trip - from Oct 23 until Nov 13 - but it wasn't ever super humid. We even had a 90 degree day when we went to Animal Kingdom (because apparently we're insane) and it was still nothing like the 24 hour day in late May when it was 90-ish with 4,298% humidity.

We survived ok, although definitely blew our drinks budget and spent a lot less time in the parks than usual. Had the humidity been up the whole time as well, I think I'd have seriously considered packing up and heading to the beach or anywhere where there was water and very little asphalt.

Well that's no longer FL.

Our governor's mission is to pave everything and to eliminate all the state parks.

Now, now.

Don't be too hard on our Governor.

He doesn't want to get rid of the parks- he just wants them to become an income stream.  So, he's got a bunch of geniuses hard at work coming up with ideas like allowing hunting in the parks.  I guess that bear slaughter went so well, they want to kill some deer, squirrels and raccoons now.

Amateurs with guns shooting at everything that moves in our state parks?

What could go wrong?

And don't forget about the logging.  Every time I go to a park, all I see is trees.  They definitely should cut most of them down.

That will help the hunters too.

That's what you call a win/win.

TCD

Well that's no longer FL.

Our governor's mission is to pave everything and to eliminate all the state parks.

:angry:  :angry:

Now, now.

He doesn't want to get rid of the parks- he just wants them to become an income stream.  So, he's got a bunch of geniuses hard at work coming up with ideas like allowing hunting in the parks.  I guess that bear slaughter went so well, they want to kill some deer, squirrels and raccoons now.

What could go wrong?

And don't forget about the logging.  Every time I go to a park, all I see is trees.  They definitely should cut most of them down.

TCD

It seems everywhere I go in central FL trees are being pulled out of the ground, for houses, for the destruction of I-4, and what is WDW doing near the cast entrance for Epcot?  A retention pond??!!

With the trees going so go my landmarks :angry:  :(

It seems everywhere I go in central FL trees are being pulled out of the ground, for houses, for the destruction of I-4, and what is WDW doing near the cast entrance for Epcot?  A retention pond??!!

With the trees going so go my landmarks :angry:  :(

It it's where I think you are talking about, it's going to be a solar farm

... I think I'd have seriously considered packing up and heading to the beach or anywhere where there was water and very little asphalt.

Yeah but the Atlantic Ocean in Florida is not the same as driving to Marble Head up north or to the Pacific Ocean out west. In those places you get cooling breezes and cool to cold water where as in the south you might as well jump into a hot tub with a cup of coffee. After more than 20 years I still don't understand why folks drive to the Outerbanks in August when the could head up into the mountains for much nicer weather.

Now, now.

What could go wrong?

TCD

That's why I like where I live. I can go out in my backyard and hunt deer or other game without having to worry about the city yahoos and their whiskey flasks mistaking me for an orange deer. I'm not sure how many more years I or my neighbors will be able to do it though as suburbia is encroaching.

By the way nothing personal against city folks it's just a certain stereotype that seems to be getting more prevalent in my area as it loses it's rural/agrarian roots. I suspect it's the same folks who's kids take up four empty seats on the Disney Springs bus and aren't told to sit together by their parents so other people could do the same.