Different Disney rental tents

These can courtesy of Curt's daughter Amy.

When she talked to them they said

The guy said this is what they are using when they run out of the other ones, they started buying these but he didn't know if they were totally switching to them or not

She was kind enough to share the pictures and Beckers got them posted. Yeay Fiends!

Even though they are rather inexpensive, I'm sure they are much better for ventability, air flow, and cleanability.

I've heard reports that the heavy tents they were using frequently looked moldy like they were put up wet.

If they are not going to take the time to dry them out properly and clean them after they are taken down, it might be better in the long run to purchase cheap ones and dispose when they get unusable.

Nice work, Fiends!

That's some good cooperation to bring cutting edge news to this board.

It seems like the old tents were a lot more substantial than these.  But, like Carol said, they probably all smelled musty.

These seem kind of flimsy, though.

Probably won't last as long as the old ones. But, if they're cheaper, they can afford to replace them more often. 

TCD

For what it's worth, I noticed quite a few of the previous style rental tents over our recent 3 weeks - definitely more than I remember seeing in the past and they were in all kinds of loops, not just 1500 & 2000.  There could have been even more, as I wasn't on the lookout for this style.

Looks like they usually run $149.97. 

Ozark Trail 13' x 9' Instant Cabin Tent, Sleeps 8

http://www.walmart.com/ip/41474523?productRedirect=true

Best Regards,

Norm

At $35 a night, they don't need to rent them out very many times to get their money back, and presumably these will last through at least a few months of use if they at least don't pack them up wet.

They aren't a bad brand tent, we used an Ozark Trail brand tent for a couple years and than my brother used it and we still have it to loan out to friends now that we have our campers. They will also dry out a lot quicker than the canvas style that mildew easier and should be a little cooler as well.

Best Regards,

Norm

At $35 a night, they don't need to rent them out very many times to get their money back, and presumably these will last through at least a few months of use if they at least don't pack them up wet.

And, I can only assume Disney isn't running down to Walmart to buy them one at a time. So there is likely a more wholesale price that they're getting.

And, I can only assume Disney isn't running down to Walmart to buy them one at a time. So there is likely a more wholesale price that they're getting.

You'd be surprised, I was at Wal-Mart once, and a Disney Manager type was at Wal-Mart purchasing 20 cans of whipped cream. I overhead something about their stock running out on them.

You'd be surprised, I was at Wal-Mart once, and a Disney Manager type was at Wal-Mart purchasing 20 cans of whipped cream. I overhead something about their stock running out on them.

I knew a guy who worked as a buyer for a grocery store and he said Wal-Mart sells stuff on their shelves (I think he gave an example of canned peas) for cheaper than he could get wholesale from the supplier.

I knew a guy who worked as a buyer for a grocery store and he said Wal-Mart sells stuff on their shelves (I think he gave an example of canned peas) for cheaper than he could get wholesale from the supplier.

WalMart is known across industries for driving the lowest wholesale prices from their suppliers. Other big box stores like Home Depot do the same. It is kind of a devils bargain getting tied into WalMart for smaller suppliers. It is great as they push a lot of merchandise but they are well known to drop you if you don't give them the price they demand after they become your main outlet.

I saw some of these set up the morning after halloween. They in grass down the cast member only access road. That's the road where I believe all the supplies are delivered to the fort. Disney was diverting exiting traffic down this road when the huge crowd was leaving sunday morning.

Even though they are rather inexpensive, I'm sure they are much better for ventability, air flow, and cleanability.

I've heard reports that the heavy tents they were using frequently looked moldy like they were put up wet.

If they are not going to take the time to dry them out properly and clean them after they are taken down, it might be better in the long run to purchase cheap ones and dispose when they get unusable.

"dispose when they get unusable"  :lol:  Yep, look for them at property control :P  get a few more $$ for them :rolleyes: