Here's a pic of the new metal detector at Epcot. People are selected for scanning, seemingly at random, by the people in the gold CSC Event Staff shirts after going through the bag check. 69b9e148c8f551811804cb18cacd81b2.jpg" alt="69b9e148c8f551811804cb18cacd81b2.jpg">

Also, no toy guns or bubble shooters are permitted in the parks.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Good job on the Fiend on the Scene reporting!

I just realized that security company is the same one that provides the security at the University of Florida football games.

This dude here did a good job keeping an eye on me at the last football game:

11%2027%2015%20141_zpss7qq8ac2.jpg

But, I don't think he could have stopped me had I wanted to rush the field.

Why is Disney using outside contractors to provide this increased security?

The same reason that the University does- because it's cheap.

And temporary.

TCD

Good job on the Fiend on the Scene reporting!

I just realized that security company is the same one that provides the security at the University of Florida football games.

This dude here did a good job keeping an eye on me at the last football game:

11%2027%2015%20141_zpss7qq8ac2.jpg

But, I don't think he could have stopped me had I wanted to rush the field.

And temporary.

TCD

It's Comcast Spectacor, they do security at tons of places.

Best Regards,

Norm

And temporary.

TCD

Could also be quicker to get something implemented than if they had to come up with a plan for using their own security staff - additional hiring, training, etc.

It's Comcast Spectacor, they do security at tons of places.

Best Regards,

Norm

Aha.  So, that's what the CSC stands for.  Everyone loves Comcast.  I'll bet these workers have been thoroughly trained to provide pixie dust and rainbows to the guests.

Could also be quicker to get something implemented than if they had to come up with a plan for using their own security staff - additional hiring, training, etc.

No doubt.  This has every indication of a rush job, and this was the quickest and cheapest way to create the illusion that they have beefed up security at the parks.

TCD

Wait, these folks in the yellow shirts aren't from Comcast Spectacor, they're from CSC/Contemporary Services Corporation: http://www.csc-usa.com/

TCD

Wow, they look like the Comcast outfits, unless they took over the places up here too. They are located in Philly as well.

Now I'm all confused. I have to look more closely at the security the next event I go to.

Best Regards,

Norm

Wow, they look like the Comcast outfits, unless they took over the places up here too. They are located in Philly as well.

Now I'm all confused. I have to look more closely at the security the next event I go to.

Best Regards,

Norm

It seems like every event I've been to, the security guards wear yellow shirts.  They all copy each other.

TCD

The guy ahead of me in the bag check line was wearing a Sorcerer Mickey hat. No one checked to see what was under there. He could have been packing a bubble shooter. :-)

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Pretty sure it was CSC that was just in the news here for them beating up fans at the University of Houston game when the fans rushed the field. CSC then lost the contract with U of H. And the employees are paid $8.00 per hour. That's what the local news said.

And no more bubble guns really. We just bought one last month at Mouse Gear and had so much fun with it. It was the Buzz light year one.

And no more bubble guns really. We just bought one last month at Mouse Gear and had so much fun with it. It was the Buzz light year one.

That's what I heard on the news this morning - no more bubble guns or play guns of any kind will be sold or allowed in the parks.

That's what I heard on the news this morning - no more bubble guns or play guns of any kind will be sold or allowed in the parks.

What a bunch of crap!

People have become too darn sensitive. 

Disney has made a fortune over the years selling Davey Crockett rifles up thru Buzz Lightyear bubble blasters.

It was bad enough they took away Musket Mickey, but this is just plain dumb.

I guess they wont be able to sell pirate swords or Merida bow and arrows either.

I can see the next big thing ... Disney branded bubble wrap!  Safely cocoon yourself away from the worries of the outside world!

Hopefully after February everything will go back to normal. Having ISIS blared across your TV screen 24 hours a day is really unnerving people, we can thank the media for this. It's sad that all these precautions have to be taken but not near as sad, horrific or terrifying as an attack at the parks would be.