BOOOOOO! The did away with the regular Italian sandwich.

Ok that is a bummer.  That was a good one.

Shoot!

I didn't know they served anything but Pizza in there.  We only ate there once.  A long time ago.  At AK, we always eat at Flame Tree or Yak and Yeti quick serve. And now the new Harambe village market  I am not a fan of any Disney pizza, so I stay away from it no matter the location.  I might be willing to give Pizzafari another try, though.

TCD

Shoot!

I didn't know they served anything but Pizza in there.  We only ate there once.  A long time ago.  At AK, we always eat at Flame Tree or Yak and Yeti quick serve. And now the new Harambe village market  I am not a fan of any Disney pizza, so I stay away from it no matter the location.  I might be willing to give Pizzafari another try, though.

TCD

Same here. Although I do think it would be nice if they would sale a large pizza at the counter service pizza restaurant.

• 3 months later...

WDWNews Today has posted a new review...

http://wdwnt.com/blog/2016/04/review-pizzafari-at-animal-kingdom-surprisingly-raises-expectations-for-counter-service-pizza/

Some excerpts...

I had been hearing good things about Pizzafari at Animal Kingdom since they had reopened from a lengthy refurbishment a few weeks ago. Someone had told me that the pizzas were different now, not the practically inedible, circular, heartburn-inducing death-discs that they had been at WDW counter service restaurants since the dawn of recorded time. I had to see this for myself…

IMG_2870

IMG_2879

I decided to start with the garlic knots. These were pretty good. Better than I expected at least and the marinara dipping sauce was a good accompaniment. You actually get a rather large serving for $6.99

IMG_2883

The shrimp flatbread was our favorite item of the day. I couldn’t believe this was a counter service item. It tasted very fresh and was a nice lighter option compared to heavy with cheese pizzas. All of the pizzas also came with a small cup of antipasto salad.

IMG_2884

IMG_2886

I got the meat lover’s pizza. Again, I was shocked how good this was. It’s not going to change your life, but it is a million times better than the previous incarnation.

54 minutes ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Those look good! 

I'm OK with the pizza at the Fort being bad... I want a GAG anyway. 

But wouldn't good pizza be a nice option. It was good when we were kids why can't it be good now. 

Wife and I had the same order, Shrimp Flat-bread and a Meat Lovers pizza when we visited last month.  The flat-bread was her favorite meal, the shrimp are actually huge O'Hana sized whole shrimp.  My pizza was also very good-  The only reason we went  was to see if we could catch a sneak peak of the pizza robot in the back but we had not ever been there before, so maybe they took it out if this is an all new menu. (We didn't know that).

10 hours ago, momof3kids-Yvonne said:

My daughter is still talking about the GAG. She wants to go back to WDW to get more chicken. According to her they have the best chicken.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I was just saying last week that I could really go for Trails End chicken.  Nothing around here comes close.

2 hours ago, PGHFiend said:

Wife and I had the same order, Shrimp Flat-bread and a Meat Lovers pizza when we visited last month.  The flat-bread was her favorite meal, the shrimp are actually huge O'Hana sized whole shrimp.  My pizza was also very good- 

Good to hear! Blogger reviews are all well and good, but I trust a Fiend on the Scene review much more.  :)