Star Wars Episode VII- ****SPOILERS**** Discussion for those who have seen the movie

I have it all figured out!!!

It was just a movie. 

Don t look for plot twists and hidden meanings.

Go and enjoy it!

It is not just a movie. It is the 7th episode of a huge movie franchise. The plot twists and hidden meanings are a very intentional part of it.

I'm going with the theory of Rey being the grandaughter of Obi Wan Kenobi., there are too many similarities.

Best Regards,

Norm

OK, then who are her parents, and why was she abandoned on Jakku?

Who's the old guy with the map, and what is he doing there on the same planet?

TCD

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've seen an explanation of how Rey could be Han and Leia's daughter stating that maybe Luke took her to Jakku and then wiped Han and Leia's minds to protect her. I have a sister who is in to the Expa

My son also thinks Rey is somehow related to Obi-Wan. Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

No idea, she just didn't want to see him die...  to each her own, and there's always a lot of wiggle room in Star Wars movies... sometimes I feel like they were written by lawyers with numerous loopho

Just got off the phone with a Fort Wilderness CM and he had a couple pieces of movie info straight from JJ Abrams:

Chewbacca is Rey's father, which explains why she can speak Wookie. In fact the CM said that Chewie calls her his daughter several times in the movie..... in Wookiese of course.

C3PO's red arm was a request from Mattel, which will soon be offering for sale a must-have red plastic replacement arm for every C3PO action figure sold since 1977. 

And lastly, apparently when the Blu-Ray comes out, if you play it backwards you can hear a voice saying "Han is dead"..... so that's confirmed.

Just got off the phone with a Fort Wilderness CM and he had a couple pieces of movie info straight from JJ Abrams:

Chewbacca is Rey's father, which explains why she can speak Wookie. In fact the CM said that Chewie calls her his daughter several times in the movie..... in Wookiese of course.

C3PO's red arm was a request from Mattel, which will soon be offering for sale a must-have red plastic replacement arm for every C3PO action figure sold since 1977. 

And lastly, apparently when the Blu-Ray comes out, if you play it backwards you can hear a voice saying "Han is dead"..... so that's confirmed.

Wow. That is some great inside info.

I suspected Rey's lineage was going to be some kind of twist, but I missed the fact that she could speak Wookie. That was important. She also understood BB8, so is her mother R2D2?

That red arm thing is great news for Mattel.

And that secret message on the Blu-Ray is brilliant. I have to figure out how to play mine backward.

TCD

Well we went and saw the movie new years eve. As whole it was a good movie. I don't get the obsession with star wars but that is another thread. How ever the way Han died was dum. As soon as I saw him walking out there I thought well he's dead. And as many battles and fights as he has been in he would not be that dum to walk up to him like that. Son or not a bad guy with a weapon is still a bad guy with a weapon.

Well we went and saw the movie new years eve. As whole it was a good movie. I don't get the obsession with star wars but that is another thread. How ever the way Han died was dum. As soon as I saw him walking out there I thought well he's dead. And as many battles and fights as he has been in he would not be that dum to walk up to him like that. Son or not a bad guy with a weapon is still a bad guy with a weapon.

That scene, and the way Han died, really bothered me the first time I watched it.  After all Han has been through, he dies like that?  Without putting up a fight?

I watched the scene very carefully the second time around, and it seems like Han knew what was about to happen, and the he was sacrificing himself for the benefit of Kylo.  What I can't figure out is how Kylo killing his father helps with anything.  So maybe Han did it for another reason.  There is more to this than meets the eye.

TCD

I agree, I didn't like that part. Being a cop I felt the same way.  I don't care who it is, you don't close the distance w/ a bad guy with a weapon.

I also agree with you and TCD that they were trying to have Han die in a very meaningful way, but it seemed forced. Probably because IMHO the actor who plays Kylo Ren just never sold me on being Han and Leias son. he doesn't look like either one of them and the moment or two where he seems to be asking Han for help seemed very insincere or maybe just poorly (over) acted.  Maybe that was intentional since he was faking the emotion to draw Han closer, but wouldn't his own father pick up on that?

So many questions, I guess that is a great way to get moviegoers to see it multiple times.....   ;)

I agree with TCD, I think Han knew what he was doing. I believe he may have thought by sacrificing himself it may drive Kylo to feeling guilty and coming back to the light side and having a relationship with Leia. Should Han died in a bigger fashion being Han Solo? Probably, but that was not the point of the scene. As many people have stated, mostly band wagoners for Star Wars, Han should not have died, I thought it was right that he did. The guy is 75 yo. How much longer could he fight, smuggle and save the Galaxy. I would of hated to see him go to bed with Leia and in the morning have him stiff as a board due to old age. I think he flew the falcon better than he ever did and took chances like he always has like going into light speed from the freighter hanger and plowing snow which was an awesome scene. RIP Han Solo

As far as my prediction of Lor San Tekka watching over Rey, that may be wrong since I guess since the actual script was released, it has been said that the junk dealer that Rey deals with for food could be the one she was left with. I guess you can see his arm or fingers in the scene where child Rey is saying come back as her family leaves her. I guess I have to go see the movie again

As far as my prediction of Lor San Tekka watching over Rey, that may be wrong since I guess since the actual script was released, it has been said that the junk dealer that Rey deals with for food could be the one she was left with. I guess you can see his arm or fingers in the scene where child Rey is saying come back as her family leaves her. I guess I have to go see the movie again

I am not going to see the movie again until it's released on Blu-Ray.  My daughters told me that they saw the junk dealer in the flashback scene, but I didn't.  They also told me Luke was in it, and I didn't notice that the first time, but I did see the robed figure put a robot hand on R2D2 in that scene on my second watching.  It didn't register that was Luke to me the first time I saw it, but he definitely had the robe and uncovered robot hand at the end of the movie.

So my issue now is what parent would leave a child on a crappy planet like Jakku?  And if Rey's only guardian was that junk dealer, how was she educated to the point that she can speak Wookie and understand droids?  And who made that map in the first place and gave the piece to the old man?  Presumably the old man is important. Kylo knew who he was, and vice versa.  There is no suggestion that the old man had any kind of dealings with Rey, but did he know who she was, and was he there to keep an eye on her?

TCD

We saw it at the Drive-In theater on the BIG screen, Just as God intended all Star Wars movies to be seen (and where I saw the original 3 movies)    :lol:

But it was raining just a bit so I will have to see it again at some point, anyone know when the Blu-Ray comes out?

In spite of the drizzle it was still well worth the price of admission.  And the hot dogs, and the cheese nachos, and the popcorn, and the Junior Mints, and the smuggled in beer.....   ;)

We saw it at the Drive-In theater on the BIG screen, Just as God intended all Star Wars movies to be seen (and where I saw the original 3 movies)    :lol:

But it was raining just a bit so I will have to see it again at some point, anyone know when the Blu-Ray comes out?

In spite of the drizzle it was still well worth the price of admission.  And the hot dogs, and the cheese nachos, and the popcorn, and the Junior Mints, and the smuggled in beer.....   ;)

Now that sounds like fun.