Happy Birthday Snarky! January 29, 2011-2016

Happy 5th Birthday Fort Fiends!

Five Great Years have gone by very quickly!  I would like to offer my sincere thanks from the bottom of my heart from the owners of FortFiends.net to all who participate in daily, weekly, hourly and even minute-by-minute discussions on these forums.  You have made what most people dismissed as a band of fools into a community of people who love to be together.  Moreover, unlike most forums on the internet, this community actually meets in person quite frequently during the year, which is quite rare for internet forums of this type.  We said from the start that we wanted to foster an atmosphere of self moderation and I think we have achieved it.  All in all, through the ups and downs, we have held fast.

I look forward to the future in watching Fortfiends.net grow in leaps and bounds in the next five years.  Our plans are bold and we hope they will come to fruition.  Nothing worth doing is easy.  Countless hours of research and work goes on behind the scenes from people you barely know to make this a free forum for you to enjoy.  None of these people are paid and they do this for the love of camping, Fort Wilderness information, Disney information and the love of fellowship of people with similar interests.  Our moderators choose to be part of our community and not have their names public here, except for the ownership, as that is public information of the LLC.  This way, they can continue to be a part of the community and not be above any other member, all the while help with the "back office" bs of trolls from overseas putting inappropriate content on the boards, or with the occasional spat here and there.  Please thank your "fairy staff" now and again.  They do so much more than just put tags on your avatars now and again when you say something "creative."  I couldn't do what I do without them.  I pay them like crap. :blink:

Please remember this, we don't ask you for a dime to be a member, only to support our sponsors, help us get some more and buy some of our merchandise now and then.  This helps us buy new software (like the new stuff you are seeing us implement now) and hopefully do bigger and better things very soon.  We would love to scratch your back if you have a business.  Just let us have to opportunity to do so.

Again, we thank all of our membership for a fantastic 5 years and look forward to many more.  We have proven to one and all that we are not going anywhere and we are here to stay.  Live long and be SNARKY!

Your Idiot In Charge,

Queen Snarky and Super Geek