I wish the picture were lighter so you could see the background better. I wonder if it might be Disneyland. This would have been around the same time that the canoes would reopen as Davy Crockett's Canoes and Bear Country opened. The Indian Village would have been removed by then opening up the view of the train if my recollection is correct.

5 hours ago, keith_h said:

I wish the picture were lighter so you could see the background better. I wonder if it might be Disneyland. This would have been around the same time that the canoes would reopen as Davy Crockett's Canoes and Bear Country opened. The Indian Village would have been removed by then opening up the view of the train if my recollection is correct.

I did what I could with it.  I am not the best in the world with this stuff but I think you can make out a little more. 

old%20mk%20pic-2_zpsnykj1bhf.jpg

19 hours ago, Specularius said:

looks like the rail road trestle that is on the north side of where Big Thunder Mountain is now located. Big Thunder Mountain did not open until 1980 so it would not have been there in 1972.

Correct; no Thunder Mountain and no Splash Mountain.  Only the old small train station (the red one) would have been nearby.