Cabins to Campsites on the 2100 Loop?

On 3/9/2016 at 9:34 AM, Specularius said:

The cabins are actually mobile homes so all they need to do is attach axles to them, a tongue, and tow them off.

I did not know that. I knew there used to be mobile homes at the Fort (Fleetwoods right?)  I thought the cabins were, well, cabins.  :lol:

I did know the 2100 loop was originally campsites at some point. And IIRC, the concrete pads are the same shape and size as a camping loop, so not a lot of work to do to restore them to camping.  Just haul off the cabin/mobile home, re-wire the hook-ups, clean-up the old Comfort Station and they are in business, right?

34 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

I did not know that. I knew there used to be mobile homes at the Fort (Fleetwoods right?)  I thought the cabins were, well, cabins.  :lol:

I did know the 2100 loop was originally campsites at some point. And IIRC, the concrete pads are the same shape and size as a camping loop, so not a lot of work to do to restore them to camping.  Just haul off the cabin/mobile home, re-wire the hook-ups, clean-up the old Comfort Station and they are in business, right?

But is there a monetary advantage to the Fort to do that?

Like someone mentioned earlier, the average price of a night at the cabins is $300 to $400 or more, a full or premium is $100 to $150?

If they could keep it full of campers then they would eventually make up the difference.

But are all the other loops full 7 days a week?

On 3/11/2016 at 3:03 PM, mouseketab.....Carol said:

As I said before, I'm pretty sure the campsites are full a LOT more often than the cabins.

That's the same thing discussed on the page where I first saw this story as the reason Disney was planning to do this, since it would add 44 new campsites, but not adversely affect their Cabin business.

If I remember correctly the first time we went the cabins looked like your standard mobile home fast forward many years and they look like cabins. Are they the original mobile homes, updated and wrapped in logs to look like cabins or were they switch out at some point?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Cortezcapt (Derek) said:

If I remember correctly the first time we went the cabins looked like your standard mobile home fast forward many years and they look like cabins. Are they the original mobile homes, updated and wrapped in logs to look like cabins or were they switch out at some point?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They are new (15 years ago) mobile homes wrapped in logs. They were swapped out.

• 3 months later...