Cabins to Campsites on the 2100 Loop?

Not sure if this is a new rumor, I checked recent activity and didn't see anything about it.

Word on the street is that Disney is going to be removing the Cabins on the 2100 Loop, and by doing that, create 44 new campsites.

I haven't confirmed this with my second cousin's Uncle's brother's former roomate who was a CM back in 1985, but it sounds too good to not pass it on  :lol:

We just stayed there last month and there was a lot of construction in those loops. They were even clearing out appliances. I assumed they were renovating them, but maybe they are tearing then out.

More fuel for the rumor mill...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

The infrastructure is already there. That loop used to be a camping loop, so the electric posts are there, and obviously with the cabins, some type of connection to water/sewer is there. There is a sidewalk with easy access to the 1100 loop comfort station. There is even an old comfort station in the loop, but engineering is using the building. Don't know how easy that would be to convert back. So it is a possibility.

And yes, $300+ a night cabins is more money than $100 a night campsites, BUT empty cabins, vs. a full camping loop is more profitable. I have NEVER heard anyone complain about no availability in the cabins.

7 hours ago, mouseketab.....Carol said:

There is even an old comfort station in the loop, but engineering is using the building. Don't know how easy that would be to convert back. So it is a possibility.

Yes, the last time I was there I saw Mousekeeping also using that old comfort station. The outside of the building looked very shabby, almost abandoned, but the glimpse I got inside (There was a truck unloading stacks of cleaning supplies, toilet paper, etc.) looked like it was in good shape.  So I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to re-re-purpose?

The worker-bees started to get suspicious of a full-grown man on a Mtn bike who kept circling the building trying to see inside, so I had to break off my surveillance and go do something more useful....   :lol:

Ohhh, a good rumor.;)

Well I heard from a friend that heard from a cousin of someone that works at McDonalds where a CM eats, that they are going to build pontoon bridges from the Fort to the Contemporary so you can drive a golf cart to the MK!  And gas is going down to 25 cents a gallon next week...  :lol:

1 hour ago, Travisma said:

Ohhh, a good rumor.;)

Well I heard from a friend that heard from a cousin of someone that works at McDonalds where a CM eats, that they are going to build pontoon bridges from the Fort to the Contemporary so you can drive a golf cart to the MK!  And gas is going down to 25 cents a gallon next week...  :lol:

AHA! That explains the new Golf Cart Only Express lanes I heard were being installed up and down Main Street at the MK.  Can anyone on the scene confirm that?

Now they just need to designate every other Monorail as Golf Cart accessible and we'll truly be entering a new age of convenience...   ^_^

5 minutes ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

AHA! That explains the new Golf Cart Only Express lanes I heard were being installed up and down Main Street at the MK.  Can anyone on the scene confirm that?

Now they just need to designate every other Monorail as Golf Cart accessible and we'll truly be entering a new age of convenience...   ^_^

9T4bkAyXc.gif

8 hours ago, shoreline99 said:

Lets just say we came home from a lovely cabin vacation with some extra travelers. Took us a while to realize it and we've spent the better part of a month and a half trying to get them to leave.

Is Disney paying you to be quite?

30 minutes ago, shoreline99 said:

We have a claim ticket open with guest services so I don't want to elaborate.

Don't blame you, we had a similar situation happen several years ago when a tree fell on our camper in the 1900 loop.  All they were interested in was getting us to sign a waiver of liability and non-disclosure. Actually helping us in a tough situation was not an option.....  LOL

Have you offered to help drive the first bulldozer when they start the demolition?  ;)

For that matter, I wonder if they wouldn't just haul them up on a flatbed to take away?

1 hour ago, Avatab.... Steve said:

Don't blame you, we had a similar situation happen several years ago when a tree fell on our camper in the 1900 loop.  All they were interested in was getting us to sign a waiver of liability and non-disclosure. Actually helping us in a tough situation was not an option.....  LOL

Have you offered to help drive the first bulldozer when they start the demolition?  ;)

For that matter, I wonder if they wouldn't just haul them up on a flatbed to take away?

The cabins are actually mobile homes so all they need to do is attach axles to them, a tongue, and tow them off.

Just now, Specularius said:

The cabins are actually mobile homes so all they need to do is attach axles to them, a tongue, and tow them off.

But it would be more fun if they just hooked a chain between them and a bulldozer, yanked them off the pads and drug them out of the Fort with sparks flying as they scraped along the roadway!