• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another out of state freeloader!   Durn northern carpetbaggers!

and with the construction on I-4, hopping off of I-4 onto the 417 toll is WELL worth it. You will drive to Disney instead of crawl to Disney.

Just beware of Hitchhiking Ghosts!!!  :-)  The emoticons are gone?

On 3/8/2016 at 5:02 PM, geoffdaddy said:

<sigh> Sunpass...

So, since we make enough trips down to justify this thing now, I sprung for it on the trip before last. We bought it about an hour before we hit the first toll plaza on Florida's Turnpike. According to all their documentation online, the transponder is active almost instantaneously after you set up an account. Well, first toll plaza we go through "TOLL NOT PAID." Great. so much for saving time I'm thinking. We looked through the website again and fixed what we thought was wrong, including the website putting our street address to a street in MADISON, FL, instead of... well, MADISON, AL like we put in. got off on 429 and went through the E-PASS which of course has no feedback at all.

Looking at the Sunpass account website, there's no indication that E-PASS worked either. I ended up calling up Sunpass and they did something to fix it and they told me to just pay the unpaid toll notice when I got it in the mail. Still haven't seen that and it's been well more than 60 days.

I'm hoping I don't get a nasty surprise one day...

I have a sunpass and used a toll bridge with out having it in the vehicle, I recognized that it happened and made sure to register the vehicle after the fact, never got a notice for toll violation, just a bill on the acct for a normal toll and it said toll by plate vs transponder 

• 2 months later...
On 4/7/2016 at 5:34 AM, swimmarz said:

I have a sunpass and used a toll bridge with out having it in the vehicle, I recognized that it happened and made sure to register the vehicle after the fact, never got a notice for toll violation, just a bill on the acct for a normal toll and it said toll by plate vs transponder 

So far so good on ours... it sounds like the Toll-by-plate system is better than the one in the LA area. We were out there a couple years ago and ended up on a road that ONLY did toll by plate. "No worries! Just go to this website and pay your toll within 5 days to avoid a fine." The website was terrible and assumed you knew the date and entry/exit points along with your plate. What a pain.

The last time we traveled to orlando from Northern Ky we didn't have the sun pass on the way down.  Got to the first toll booth and neither me or my wife had cash on us.  I was lucky to have a check book in the glove box because just before we departed home I wrote a check to the house sitter (we have lots of critters).  Just after the toll booth was a service station I needed fuel so after fueling up I went in to get a water and make a water deposit and saw the "Pre Pay" sun pass.  Grabbed it and it worked flawless.

So next time we travel south, I'm getting online and pre-ordering one..  

• 4 weeks later...