Merchandise Limits Now in Effect

This should help crack down on those people that scoop up as much as they can carry when a hot new item comes out, only to turn around and sell them on eBay. I still have that picture in my head of the guy with the arms full of the latest popcorn buckets.  :wacko:

From OTPN...

In order to provide all Guests the same opportunity to purchase Disney-branded merchandise, starting from this month, a same-item purchase limit of 10 will be implemented on product sold online, through the new Shop Disney Parks mobile app, and at stores located at the Walt Disney World Resort, Disneyland Resort; Disney Vacation Club; Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa and Disney Cruise Line.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2016/04/same-item-purchase-limits-in-effect-at.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+OrlandoThemeParksNews+%28Orlando+Theme+Parks+News%29

This is a great change.  I was at Wide World of Sports to get my packet for the 5K and the stuff people were hoarding was amazing.  Someone told me that during the Princess marathon there were actually shoving matches that resulted in shelves of merchandise being knocked over. All to sell on EBay.

Amazing.

We usually don't make it to the Food & Wine Festival until the last few weeks and generally all the really cool stuff is gone by then - and already up for sale on eBay. 

When they first released the Dooney & Bourke Haunted Mansion purses, they were gone in a flash - and immediately turned up on eBay.  And because Disney had them backordered for ages, that was only place you could find them for quite a while - for double the price+.

This may put a big crimp in some eBay sellers "business models" - which I'm very ok with when it means that everybody gets a shot at buying them at regular retail cost.

6 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

We usually don't make it to the Food & Wine Festival until the last few weeks and generally all the really cool stuff is gone by then - and already up for sale on eBay. 

When they first released the Dooney & Bourke Haunted Mansion purses, they were gone in a flash - and immediately turned up on eBay.  And because Disney had them backordered for ages, that was only place you could find them for quite a while - for double the price+.

This may put a big crimp in some eBay sellers "business models" - which I'm very ok with when it means that everybody gets a shot at buying them at regular retail cost.

Tried to get a Food and Wine 2015 pin last year and they were all gone pretty early on. They had shirts and coins left.

Seems like as soon as they release something that says limited edition, the re-sellers arrive in force and scoop up everything in sight.

If they want them they will find a way to get them but it is nice Disney is making it harder on them.

I was surprised how quick pass holder pins went at food and wine. We bought one on opening day and when I went back with a friend a few weeks later there were none to be found and sounded like they had been sold out for awhile.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk