ICYMI: A New TCD Trip Report April 2016 at the Fort

On 5/20/2016 at 10:55 AM, Tri-Circle-D said:

But still- they are closing off a walkway and restrooms from regular park guests so they can make that area exclusive for the suckers who pay big bucks to eat some small cupcakes and pudding.

And that is that.

See you on the next TR.

TCD

I will be one of the suckers in July. I really think it will be the best option for Gram though to see the fireworks. And she has a heck of a sweet tooth as well. 

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm back. I needed to take a break from the Board.  It wasn't you.  It was me. I thought I'd stay away for a few weeks, but it ended up being a couple of months.  But, I needed to be gone fo

Great report. My 14 year old was rather upset that I was going to Disney World for WWW and would be getting a GAG one night. I did when any good fiend and mom would do. I took a picture and shared it

I am starting a new movement.  We are calling ourselves "baldies".  I'm sure you can imagine what the criterion is for joining.

8 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I will be one of the suckers in July. I really think it will be the best option for Gram though to see the fireworks. And she has a heck of a sweet tooth as well. 

I think it makes complete sense in your case.  Also, now you will be able to speak knowledgably (no clue how to spell that without spell correct) to your customers about it. ;)

9 minutes ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

I think it makes complete sense in your case.  Also, now you will be able to speak knowledgably (no clue how to spell that without spell correct) to your customers about it. ;)

Also He is using it for information about WDW, should be a business expense and tax deductible.

27 minutes ago, Momof6....aka Marty said:

I think so too. I have done it before but not since the latest changes. 

19 minutes ago, BigTom said:

Also He is using it for information about WDW, should be a business expense and tax deductible.

You are very correct. 

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 11:31 AM, The Troll said:

What a great, great report! It's so great to see you back in the game, TCD. Thanks for all the time and hard effort you put into it. Your photography is somehow even better than ever.

So many things to comment on. Too many. I agree with your assessment of Disney Springs. In my mind, it's a bit of an escalator to nowhere. Lots of impractical, grossly overpriced shops like "The Art of Shaving," where you can buy a $50 disposable razor. But like you say, you can't blame Disney for trying. Every time a guest leaves property for a competing shopping destination, that's cash they're bleeding.

Disney Springs is very impressive architecture for a bunch of impractical shops and about 8,000 restaurants, all competing against each other for the same growling stomachs.

When I get some free time, I'll have to post a report on my most recent trip to the Fort, the Troll's Vacation to HellTM.

Thanks again. Already excited to read the next.

It's great to see a post from you, Norm.

You've got the title written for that next TR, so get at it.

Look, you have eager readers waiting:

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 4:27 PM, fladogfan aka Gretchen said:

And now I'm looking forward to Troll's next TR.

That's one.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 7:25 AM, dblr....Rennie said:

Plus from the title it sounds like it will be a EPIC one

And that's two.

Plus me-I'll read any Troll TR just for the chance of enjoying a nice Troll RantTM

So let's have it.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 10:11 AM, Katman1356...Jason said:

Sucker was a poor choice of words.  I think the Wishes Dessert Party is grossly overpriced, but I see the attraction of having a nice, calm, covered, place to sit and enjoy the show- especially during a crowded time like July.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 6:43 PM, Momof6....aka Marty said:

I agree with that- a Travel Agent ought to experience the things that his or her customers may be interested in.

On ‎5‎/‎31‎/‎2016 at 6:52 PM, BigTom said:

I hope the IRS isn't reading this TR.

TCD

23 hours ago, Katman1356...Jason said:

I agree it is overpriced at the current price point. We used to go regularly at $25 per adult. Only doing this time for gram. 

I hope that Gram and you enjoy every moment of it.  It is a great way to make sure she has a nice comfortable place from which to enjoy Wishes.

TCD