I bought a pop up w/AC, 8500 BTU but after one trip decided it was not big enough for Florida summers, replaced it with with one I bought from Adventure RV, 13,500 btu and it works much better. I have a small camper, 8 ft Jayco and would not reccommend anything smaller. I run mine all the time when at Fort Wilderness, just adjust temp to feel comfortable.

My AC unit was installed by the dealer when I bought my camper.

Have you tried searching and asking about AC on the pop-up websites, like Pop Up Explorer?  Here's an example of the types of things you can find there: http://www.popupexplorer.com/forum/index.php?topic=79485.0

Also, there are several videos on YouTube where pop-up owners show AC installs.

You definitely will want AC in your camper in July at the Fort.

Good luck!

TCD

I have a Coleman Mach 8 13.5K BTU on my 2516G, I will be buying PUG's if I camp May-August, currently I dont but that will change 
Its an absolute must have has July is average high of 93 with 90% humidity and the low is 85 at night

We use a portable room AC, to help during the hottest and most humid days when we camp.  It has a drier vent type hose that you run out a window and it works great.

We have a fifth wheel with a single AC unit that struggles in the humidity here in the mid west.

• 2 weeks later...

July camping at the fort sucks. We did it for a week 2 years ago and said we wouldn't do it again, yet here I sit in the 1100 loop. It was so hot today, the A/C In my camper could not keep up.  The damn thing ran all day and don't reach 74 until 8pm.  What was i thinking. God bless those tent folks with no A/C. That would otherwise a vacation for me. 

1 hour ago, Starbuc71 said:

July camping at the fort sucks. We did it for a week 2 years ago and said we wouldn't do it again, yet here I sit in the 1100 loop. It was so hot today, the A/C In my camper could not keep up.  The damn thing ran all day and don't reach 74 until 8pm.  What was i thinking. God bless those tent folks with no A/C. That would otherwise a vacation for me. 

Get your a/c checked.  When we bought our camper I didn't think it cooled like it should. I called the dealer the day after we bought it and they said that was normal and we needed to install a second unit in the garage so we did. That helped alot. But last summer  we went camping at the Fort and I could make the garage freeze,  but the front of the camper would never get that cool. So last summer after we got back from the fort I took it in for service. There was a new service manager who used to be a repair man. Right away he said you need a new a/c unit.  So last week we camped at the Fort and it was hot outside, but freezing inside. We didn't even run the rear a/c. So long story short if you still have warranty get your a/c checked.

9 hours ago, LONE-STAR said:

Get your a/c checked.  When we bought our camper I didn't think it cooled like it should. I called the dealer the day after we bought it and they said that was normal and we needed to install a second unit in the garage so we did. That helped alot. But last summer  we went camping at the Fort and I could make the garage freeze,  but the front of the camper would never get that cool. So last summer after we got back from the fort I took it in for service. There was a new service manager who used to be a repair man. Right away he said you need a new a/c unit.  So last week we camped at the Fort and it was hot outside, but freezing inside. We didn't even run the rear a/c. So long story short if you still have warranty get your a/c checked.

My warranty went out in January. It was fine last night blowing 49 degree air. During the day it's blowing 75. Imtaking it inwhen we get back

You can only expect about a 20 degree temp differential on any RV unit. You have to remember the entire unit is sitting in the heat.

20-25 degree drop is also the standard for home units, but there the evaporator & blower is normally all inside the house out of the heat and sun.

2 hours ago, Grumpy and Grandma said:

You can only expect about a 20 degree temp differential on any RV unit. You have to remember the entire unit is sitting in the heat.

20-25 degree drop is also the standard for home units, but there the evaporator & blower is normally all inside the house out of the heat and sun.

I figured that. We never used this RV in 98 degree heat. I figure if it's blowing cold at night, its the outside temp in the day that won't allow it to keep up. Would a bigger unit solve this?

8 minutes ago, Starbuc71 said:

I figured that. We never used this RV in 98 degree heat. I figure if it's blowing cold at night, its the outside temp in the day that won't allow it to keep up. Would a bigger unit solve this?

If you only have a 13,500 yes a 15,000 would help, but that's as big as they come.  

1 hour ago, Starbuc71 said:

Mine came with an 8200 BTU unit, changed it to a 13,500 unit and it made a big difference. Both units weigh about the same only difference was in height of unit, about 4 inches taller.