After buying the Star Wars and Ghost Busters lets a month ago I told my wife I wouldn't buy any new lego sets until the Boy was old enough to help me build them.  THEN this was released... NOT FAIR..

Fingers Crossed I'll get it for Christmas.

On August 19, 2016 at 0:18 PM, Tri-Circle-D said:

I saw a comment on the official Lego site about a "speed build" video.

That sounded interesting, so I looked for it.

Here's a 5 minute video showing a guy building the whole flippin' castle (in fast motion) :

TCD

When you look at the castle you honestly feel like you've done a lot of work but there isn't much to show because you can't see all the little tiny pieces that are hidden in the layers, etc. but watching this video was a good reminder of how much work we have put in! That's a good find, thanks for sharing. 

19 hours ago, GaDawgFan.....Kelly said:

Beckers, how much time do you have in so far? And where are you going to put it? I haven't decided that part yet. 

We just finished bags for number 6. We are probably about 7-7.5 hours into it. I read a few people say it took them around 14 hours, so I'm guessing our final will be around 18 or so.

it is going to go in our living room. We have an old wooden glass front cabinet that used to be my grandmother's and she had it filled with cat figurines. Most of them were creepy but I kept a lot of the non give you nightmare ones. So the castle will go on top of that. 

• 2 weeks later...

So by the time I could get into the Lego site on the first they were sold out. As luck would have it I saw a post on Facebook today that the Magic Kingdom Emporium had them in stock. So I checked the shop Disney app and not only did they have them but I got an annual passholder discount and save 30 bucks with free shipping. Huzzah!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

So by the time I could get into the Lego site on the first they were sold out. As luck would have it I saw a post on Facebook today that the Magic Kingdom Emporium had them in stock. So I checked the shop LEGO app and not only did they have them but I got an annual passholder discount and save 30 bucks with free shipping. Huzzah!!

Sweet!!! 

We haven't made any progress since I last posted. Between getting ready for camping, then going, getting ready for back to school and the shore there hasn't been much time. I'm looking forward to finishing it soon.

13 hours ago, BradyBzLyn...Mo said:

So by the time I could get into the Lego site on the first they were sold out. As luck would have it I saw a post on Facebook today that the Magic Kingdom Emporium had them in stock. So I checked the shop LEGO app and not only did they have them but I got an annual passholder discount and save 30 bucks with free shipping. Huzzah!!

You got an AP discount on the Lego site? Sweet! 

I saw a guy buy one of these in the Emporium on Friday night, September 2.

If anyone has a CM friend, it's time to be nice to him or her.  Disney started the Castmembers' holiday discounts early this year, and they are currently getting 40% off of merchandise.  I heard that includes Lego stuff in the Emporium.

TCD

19 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

I saw a guy buy one of these in the Emporium on Friday night, September 2.

If anyone has a CM friend, it's time to be nice to him or her.  Disney started the Castmembers' holiday discounts early this year, and they are currently getting 40% off of merchandise.  I heard that includes Lego stuff in the Emporium.

TCD

Dang. That's huge.