Disney adding express hopping- for a fee

Amazing.

It seems like there's a new money grab every day.

Of course, there will be many who say "who cares, it doesn't affect me."

But does anyone believe that Disney has purchased new buses or hired more bus drivers to provide this premium service?  Where will those buses and drivers come from, and how will pulling them away from regular routes affect the regular transportation wait times?  For that matter, since this is a new potential revenue stream, wouldn't it be in Disney's interest to make the regular transportation less convenient for guests to drive customers to the premium transportation?

TCD

9 minutes ago, Tri-Circle-D said:

Amazing.

It seems like there's a new money grab every day.

Of course, there will be many who say "who cares, it doesn't affect me."

But does anyone believe that Disney has purchased new buses or hired more bus drivers to provide this premium service?  Where will those buses and drivers come from, and how will pulling them away from regular routes affect the regular transportation wait times?  For that matter, since this is a new potential revenue stream, wouldn't it be in Disney's interest to make the regular transportation less convenient for guests to drive customers to the premium transportation?

TCD

Great minds think alike.  I said the same thing back in August.  

I still feel they slowed down the Forts loop buses to get more people to rent golf carts.

And like I said yesterday, they can do everything they want to suck money out of people, as long as it doesn't affect the normal visitors.  

But like you stated it's going to take away from the non 1%ers.  Longer wait times, rides closed to the public, best viewing areas blocked off.

It mentioned on wdwnt.com that if you are an annual passholder or a castmember, you may not purchase a multiday pass for 24 dollars.  You are only allowed to purchase a single day pass.  Not a fan.

(not that I am going to shell out this money anyway, but still, not a fan)

Another money grab from Disney, that being said I don't dislike it. A pass holders discount or being able to purchase the multi day pass would be nice. I doubt even with one or both of those we would use it, unless when family was in from out of town with only a single day to do things.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

On 12/4/2016 at 11:33 AM, AuburnJen said:

It mentioned on wdwnt.com that if you are an annual passholder or a castmember, you may not purchase a multiday pass for 24 dollars.  You are only allowed to purchase a single day pass.  Not a fan.

(not that I am going to shell out this money anyway, but still, not a fan)

I wonder if that's true if you're an AP holder WITH a resort reservation. I bet in that case, you can buy length of stay. 

On 12/4/2016 at 2:51 PM, keith_h said:

With all of the the restrictions that Disney is putting on AP holders it makes me wonder if it's part of their plan to reduce overcrowding by dissuading locals from visiting so often.

As an out of state AP holder, this is our best year yet with all the new discounts. Now if only they'd offer us the monthly payment option....

On December 2, 2016 at 8:24 AM, keith_h said:

I wonder how long before they are going to add quarter slots onto the premium restroom stall doors? 

Shush!!! - Don't give them any ideas - if they think it would add to the bottom line the will do it!!!